• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

demolitio

So I'm downloading a 2.4GB update that didn't improve performance or that horrible stuttering that still happens quite a bit? Nice.

That makes me want to go right out and buy the season pass at full price!

derExperte

How in the fucking hell SP can cost almost 3 times more than original game which contains a shit ton of content and which SP simply unable to provide in terms of quality, ammount of content, value for money etc. WTF?!

Arghhhh....

Funny thing, the Premium Edition that includes the season pass costs 1499rub.

So I'm downloading a 2.4GB update that didn't improve performance or that horrible stuttering that still happens quite a bit? Nice.

That makes me want to go right out and buy the season pass at full price!

Yep, I'm getting stuttering and bad streaming pop-ins when flying over the city.

ktroopa

The "lesser rain effects when resuming from a saved game" bug is still there in full force. In spite of all my tweets and emails, they've never acknowledged the issue, so I'm not surprised. It's a shame, though, since I can't help feeling like playing the PS4 version instead with the proper effects in place.

I feel a tad silly for having waited to play the PC version. :p

rain bug still there, are you fucking kidding me?

not-like-this_medium.gif

jett

D-Member
Did this JACK ALL on my end. It's exactly the same as the previous patch. The stuttering is still there. Framerate always drops when you move the camera around. Framerate during the Batmobile always drops to below 50 no matter what is going on.

But the worst is the stutters. I'm talking full fucking seconds worth of stutters. I finished the game like that, but I was hoping to play new game+ with ACCEPTABLE performance. I guess not.

NOBODY FUCKING BUY THIS GAME

Kezen

Banned
Did this JACK ALL on my end. It's exactly the same as the previous patch. The stuttering is still there. Framerate always drops when you move the camera around. Framerate during the Batmobile always drops to below 50 no matter what is going on.

But the worst is the stutters. I'm talking full fucking seconds worth of stutters. I finished the game like that, but I was hoping to play new game+ with ACCEPTABLE performance. I guess not.

It's possible AMD need to release better drivers for the game, it being very CPU limited means AMD drivers are holding back performance.

I'm sorry I know it won't improve your situation but AMD have their fair share of responsabilities in the performance of this game. It runs much better on Nvidia cards because of drivers, except obviously when you are completely GPU bound.

Nerrel

Jesus Christ, what the fuck were they thinking. Do they assume we're all idiots and will trust that the game is fixed simply because it's back up on the store page, without even verifying it? They honestly can't expect people to want to purchase it knowing that it's still broken.

I really hope eurogamer and other sites jump on the re-release and analyze the performance quickly. It'd be nice to make it as clear as possible to the community that this isn't resolved.

I can see it now...

We'd like to thank our fans for their enthusiasm and feedback. Unfortunately, the game didn't meet the expectations of our players, so we will be removing it from the Steam store again for the second gauntlet of interim patching. As a gift to all current Batman: Arkham Knight owners, we will be giving away a free copy of Batman: Arkham Knight. Enjoy.

Yep, still a mess on my end as well. *sigh*

sf1I2zH.gif

That free Batman games bit is kind of BS too, as most everyone who bought this probably had the other ones (minus Blackgate) as well.

Adry9

So, WB promises to fix the game, some people decide not to ask for a refund because of that , WB doesn't fix the game but now it's already too late to ask for one. That's disgusting.

Matty8787

So, WB promises to fix the game, some people decide not to ask for a refund because of that , WB doesn't fix the game but now it's already too late to ask for one. That's disgusting.

Seems almost as if they tried that on purpose.

I hope they crash and burn.

Hmmm, i have the season pass yet most of the DLC is still there for purchase and i don't have it.

I used a key to get the game and season pass.

I thought all the DLC was going to be made available for season pass holders?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

lol fuck you i do want i want with my money lool who cares if corps are taking advantage of all the gamers i want my game rn
i'm buying the season pass too and i'm preorderin their next game too!

Backlogger

Hmmm, i have the season pass yet most of the DLC is still there for purchase and i don't have it.

I used a key to get the game and season pass.

I thought all the DLC was going to be made available for season pass holders?

Try adding the individual DLCs to your shopping cart. It should tell you that you already own them when you try to check out.

Also, I heard that people that own the Premium Edition are having problems with not all the DLC showing up.

Salsa

game still runs like absolute ass

im under VRAM recommendation

im with everything on low

it looks like garbage

it runs worse

fuck everything

KingBroly

Banned
Jesus Christ, what the fuck were they thinking. Do they assume we're all idiots and will trust that the game is fixed simply because it's back up on the store page, without even verifying it? They honestly can't expect people to want to purchase it knowing that it's still broken.

I really hope eurogamer and other sites jump on the re-release and analyze the performance quickly. It'd be nice to make it as clear as possible to the community that this isn't resolved.

I can see it now...

you expect them to be generous?

RyudBoy

Sucks to hear that there are no real improvements with the preformance. Still not playing this until they fix it. I only have to 2 1/2 hrs logged in this game since it launched.

I don't own any of the other Batman games on PC so that's a pretty cool compensation to get all of them for free.

I've been patiently waiting to play this. It's still sat there in my Steam library, unplayed. I was waiting for the big PC update to fix it.

Really sad to hear it's still broke.

The performance is still rather unreasonable considering that it cannot maintain 60 even if you drop all the settings to low.
See this video I just made @ the lowest settings.
Either I am so CPU bound that the game just cannot main 60 no matter what settings are chosen, or they built a texture/object streamer that does not scale correctly to high framerates and is prone to stalling. Given how the game runs on console-tier CPUs, I at least expect the game to scale in settings and hardware: aka, be a proper port. It drops frames so often, it is kind of absurd. Is it better than the console version? Yes, but that is not good enough.

I am curious if minimum 60 fps is capable on any rig. Anyone out there with a better CPU want to duplicate the test I made above?

The is still performance rather unreasonable considering that it cannot maintain 60 even if you drop all the settings to low.
Either I am so CPU bound that the game just cannot main 60 no matter what settings are chosen, or they built a texture/object streamer that does not scale correctly to high framerates and is prone to stalling. Given how the game runs on console-tier CPUs, I at least expect the game to scale in settings and hardware: aka, be a proper port. It drops frames so often, it is kind of absurd. Is it better than the console version? Yes, but that is not good enough.

I am curious if minimum 60 fps is capable on any rig. Anyone out there with a better CPU want to duplicate the test I made above?

dunno what cpu you have, but my i7 haswell at 4.0 has no chance

Kezen

Banned

I don't think 60 locked is achievable period, not in its current state at least.
The quick-fire gadget stuttering is not fixed, same for the 0.5s pauses when entering a new area.

I would not say it's not better than any console versions on capable hardware (you can still get better visuals at locked 30fps) but it indeed leaves much to be desired.

Kezen

Banned
Thinking the benchmark might be some bullshit. But I am getting some good performance in-game while playing. I would say average 60s. No stuttering also.

GTX 980ti (358.50 drivers)

i7 960 @3.2Ghz- older processor

16GB RAM

How is it possible to get "no stuttering". My game does stutter more than I'd like especially driving the batmobile. No huge framerate drops at 1080p but noticeable pauses every now and then.
Driver related perhaps.

Well, the dlc isn't triggering to download for me yet even with restarting steam and such, but at least I can play some challenges with my beloved cat bitch and harley now.

How is it possible to get "no stuttering". My game does stutter more than I'd like especially driving the batmobile. No huge framerate drops at 1080p but noticeable pauses every now and then.
Driver related perhaps.

The only stutter I get is when I do a quick eject to glide out of the batmobile. Also my settings....

Everything High, V-sync off, Max FPS set to 90, and all gameworks off.

jelly

They have the free season pass for the second apology.

Was that rumour of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City remastered true ?

I could believe they a sitting on it and can't wait to get it out for Christmas so the sooner Knight is put aside the better.

Kezen

Banned
The only stutter I get is when I do a quick eject to glide out of the batmobile. Also my settings....

Everything High, V-sync off, Max FPS set to 90, and all gameworks off.

You're lucky then, because here....
Frames: 4670 - Time: 78266ms - Avg: 59.668 - Min: 56 - Max: 61
Qp4TzkL.png

GTX 980 (factory OC)
I7 4770K @3.5ghz
16gb of RAM
Windows 10
Latest Nvidia drivers.

The benchmarks don't lie : this game is just not 100, silky smooth. Runs well enough for me to enjoy it but no doubt those who swear by consistency better stay away from it.

pahamrick

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/PC-Update-June-27th/m-p/581703#U581703

So... How about that Rocksteady led team of developers, eh? Yeah, Rocksteady and WB share equal blame in this.

Xyber

The performance is still rather unreasonable considering that it cannot maintain 60 even if you drop all the settings to low.

Code:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
 10481,    129500,  63,  91, 80.934

VxxXjV7.png

I drove around pretty much like you did, crashing through stuff and blowing some cars up. I was at around 75FPS most of the time when I looked and there was a bit of stutter every now and then as can be seen in the frametimes above but nothing major that makes it unplayable.

i7 4770K@4.4GHz
970@1550MHz
16GB RAM
Win 10

Everything was turned down to lowest and it didn't ask me for a restart when I did it so I guess it all did apply properly. But 80 as an average on lowest with everything turned off is still pretty bad for a machine like mine..

Kezen

Banned
Reposting my frametimes for the new page, it's objective data for everyone instead of the vague "runs fine" etc.

Qp4TzkL.png

Avg: 59.668 - Min: 56 - Max: 61

This is with volumetric lighting and rain effects on.

I'll try with those off, max settings otherwise.

Top Bottom