• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

scitek

I don't have a problem locking the game to 30fps, but it stutters like crazy for me. It paused for like 5 seconds while transitioning to the Batmobile. That's just unplayable.

Depends on your graphics card. If you have Nvidia, I think the the Inspector (I think that's what it's called) has some kind of option. If you have AMD download the thirdparty software RadeonPro.

500x1000px-LL-b0f90979_Untitled9.jpeg

Add the game's .exe to the profile. Select the SMAA box and set it to Ultra. It's a really good AA that doesn't take a huge hit to FPS.

Radeonpro works with nvidia too, very handy tool for when I was green.

Vitor711

This game runs so bad...did they test it on anything other than a Titan X? I know my card is older (EVGA 670 FTW 2GB) but even Witcher 3 runs way better than this (It's actually very playable).

I guess we can't really blame Rocksteady and at least they're working with the studio who ported it, hopefully get some kind of patch soon.

You can totally blame Rocksteady. They chose to outsource it, they changed the minimum specs the day before release - they definitely knew something was up. It's really hard to tell what's the publisher's fault and what's the dev's but I think they aren't blameless here.

Fordfx2

This just happened to me b/c the game kept crashing on startup!!!

Additional warning:
- When verifying the integrity of the game cache on Steam, some users (who were offline or using VPN to open it early) have reported that the game deleted itself and re-downloaded everything.

I'm online and already had the whole damn game preloaded, Dammit Rocksteady!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Be funny to see if fallout 4 is 30fps cap they did say across all platforms

heringer

AK is most definitely an underwhelming port for many people but when you have people with 980s or whatever saying that they can deal with 30fps, that shows that they are versatile and can adapt. However, that doesn't mean that they won't choose a 60+fps option if given a choice. Calling them out for finding 30fps playable isn't really needed.

I agree, but I also don't see the point in coming here to imply the game is fine because it's fine to them. The port clearly isn't fine. People should be able to distance themselves from their standards to acknowledge that something went wrong.

Tovarisc

You would think nvidia is pissed about it being a bad port as its being included with new gpu's. What a mess.

Or they just spin it into "Having low FPS in Arkham Knigh? Get our new 900 -series GPU for maximum performance increase with exclusive graphical features in order to become best possible Dark Knight!" marketing, and sell few ten thousand more 980Ti's while people praise them as saviors of PC gaming :b

Well...that's the last time I let myself get swooped away by a properly good pre-order deal. Unless the seller has a decent refund policy.
Which GMG currently does not. It basically says they're only able to give refunds 48+ hours before the key has been delivered. If a game is busted or whatnot, you're screwed.

Although if you keep bothering them they might eventually give you your money back. Worked for me that one time I bought Grid Autosport because a Codemasters CM said to my face there'd be no microtransactions and then like a week after release there was microtransactions. If they pull that shit with Dirt Rally they can fuck off into hell and die on fire for all I care. But I don't hold grudges.

Played a bit more and I just don't want to deal with the random judder. In the police station the game is super smooth, go outside and the judder is back. Seems like major frame pacing issues. Keep in mind, this is at 30fps and with GTX970.
Shame because the game is actually fun. Also I am not going to reward by picking up the PS4 version.

void666

Banned
Reading the RPS article i'm glad i'm not having any of those issues.
Framerate is not stellar. There's stuttering here and there. But honestly ever since the first iteration of my pc back in 2008 i always had stuttering problems with unreal engine games.

In my experience so far AK is no worse than AC or AO.

ZanDatsu

The only issue I'm having is the FPS occasionally drops to 30 something, but mostly it's around 60 so it's not too bad. I'm on a 970, no crashes or anything yet. I think it looks great but I never really notice a difference when changing graphic settings in games so I might be in the minority there.

Axial

Loved every single one of the Batman games, also never had any major performance problems with the PC ports, but am I glad to have skipped the preorder for this one. Hopefully Rocksteady/WB have ironed out all the isses in a month or two, should be enough to finish Witcher 3 in the meantime.
Good job, everyone.
CIMTL9fUwAA3yl7.png:large
Well deserved.

I am glad I went for the PS4 version now but love all the "30fps on PC is unacceptable" posts, like the game is totally unplayable at 30fps.

Don't get me wrong I play on PC too (My PC: i5 2500K @4.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, MSI GTX 760 Gaming Edition) so I know the benefits of 60fps, although I need to upgrade my GPU now, but it does make me laugh how people overreact to a game being 30fps.

30fps is totally playable (yes even on a PC) it's just not as good as 60fps, so why not just play it at 30fps just until they patch it or just hang on a day or two and then start it once it's patched.

Vitor711

I know, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people bought it from Steam directly. Also I don't know if steam stats for sale include all accounts owning the game or actual purchases only.
If WB will losesomething like 12500000€ I think they will do something quickly to fix the situation. Because if a game launches with the feed AK has now, it's pretty much sure it won't sell except for steam sales. Even if they will patch it, damage is pretty much done at this point, I doubt users will modify their reviews in the long terms, both on Steam and Metacritic.

I think you're missing a decimal point somewhere in that number. Assuming you meant 125,000.00. Because, man, I bet they wish they had 125,000,000 to lose on this.

MiguelItUp

Be funny to see if fallout 4 is 30fps cap they did say across all platforms

Yeah, but they did the right thing by specifying that PC won't be affected by it. Kudos to them for covering their rear! Well, hopefully. Man, that'd be dirty if the game was released and the FPS was still capped. Lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people bought it from Steam directly. Also I don't know if steam stats for sale include all accounts owning the game or actual purchases only.
If WB will losesomething like 12500000€ I think they will do something quickly to fix the situation. Because if a game launches with the feed AK has now, it's pretty much sure it won't sell except for steam sales. Even if they will patch it, damage is pretty much done at this point, I doubt users will modify their reviews in the long terms, both on Steam and Metacritic.

Steam's own Top Sellers list only tracks store purchases. It's also region-specific, although, as you might imagine, the top 10 is generally consistent between regions. The only universal list (one that encompasses all store regions) is the Weekly Top Sellers list that Valve publishes every US Sunday.

I'll also add that Steam orders top sellers by revenue, not units (e.g. a $60 game that's sold 1000 copies on Steam AU is going to be ranked ahead of a $30 game that's sold 1500).

Serick

Married Member
Well, now I'm not as sad about my 980ti still being in EVGA's warehouse (did step-up, my card got there Monday). Maybe by the time I get my 980ti the game will have had a patch or two.

Hopefully...

Probably not, who am I kidding.

heringer

I am glad I went for the PS4 version now but love all the "30fps on PC is unacceptable" posts, like the game is totally unplayable at 30fps.

Don't get me wrong I play on PC too (My PC: i5 2500K @4.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, MSI GTX 760 Gaming Edition) so I know the benefits of 60fps, although I need to upgrade my GPU now, but it does make me laugh how people overreact to a game being 30fps.

30fps is totally playable (yes even on a PC) it's just not as good as 60fps, so why not just play it at 30fps just until they patch it or just hang on a day or two and then start it once it's patched.

The issues go well beyond "30 fps only" though.

AJLma

i have a 980ti and the game runs bad for me too, don't think that high end graphics card are having a great time running this game

Plays well here, it dips more than it should but never below 30.

I wonder how many with bad experiences are running it with the nvidia effects maxed. Smoke and debris are real performance killers.

Gbraga

Yeah, Arkham Knight's issues have nothing to do with personal standards. I can deal with 30fps for this game, but even then you have asset streaming issues that make it pretty close to being unplayable, especially when driving the batmobile.

This isn't about 30fps vs 60fps.

It's a basic setting for all PC games to be able to change fps limit. Oh and stuttering is the bigger issue here it seems. As the 30fps limit can be worked around. A bad port, can't be.

Meanwhile at Iron Galaxy's HQ :

FHALcXn.gif

Super disappointed WB went with Iron Galaxy for this. Why would they go with a company seemingly notorious for shoddy port jobs on their flagship title?

That's not remotely the extent of the problems for most people.

cripterion

Well all in all this fuckery on pc totally killed my mood to play.

Should have known better, I barely played a couple of hours of arkham origins before uninstalling.

jett

D-Member
Yeah, Arkham Knight's issues have nothing to do with personal standards. I can deal with 30fps for this game, but even then you have asset streaming issues that make it pretty close to being unplayable, especially when driving the batmobile.

This isn't about 30fps vs 60fps.

Yeah some people don't get it. The game literally drops to 0fps for fractions of a second, often. Especially on the Batmobile. If it wasn't for this apparently streaming issue I'd be running this game at close to 60fps for most of the time.

Neither the Xbone or PS4 versions suffer from this. PC port is a shit port. I have a speedier HDD and a much beefier CPU than the consoles. There's literally no reason we should be suffering from streaming problems while they cruise by happily.

BloodR0se

And despite all of the negative reports and user reviews today, this has still happened.

PyeC3A1.jpg

Clear evidence that you truly can lead a PC gamer to water....

Say what now.

Will try it out now, finally off work and got my 290x in the rig. Will report shortly.

I5-3450 @ 3.5GHz
16 GB Ram
R9 290x OC by 50 MHz
Running of Samsung 850 Evo SSD

60fps? Fuck that, not gonna happen. Lowering settings? Doesn´t matter. Vsync? Irrelevant. Getting regular drops to low 30s anyway. Batmobile just fucks everything up.

Capped at 30fps. Stays mostly at 30. Batmobile feels wrong. Stutters a lot. Gsync on, highest settings, except for gameworks stuff.
But what´s the point of playing games at 30fps on PC. What a joke.

If i could refund i would. At least i can write a nasty review for this thing. Maybe that will get them to release a functional port right away.

Top Bottom