• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Pooya

no AO at all? lol AC had HBAO now four years later... who knows what else is missing really.

Nivida gameworks? sigh, they really didn't see what they are advertising as part of their program?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I agree with him in the sense that a lot of people here (and the broader vocal gamer) do act like babies, but that doesn't really mean that their concerns aren't legitimate.

Also you can't really call people babies and then proceed to respond like he did. If your game has issues you can't respond to people like that.

Plus, the whole argument that "every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch" is bullshit.

Prime example are Nintendo games. They don't launch with a number of issues day one. What a cop out excuse.
The thing about this situation that's odd is that the console release is one of the most polished non-Nintendo game releases in the last year. It's very solid right off the disc with no patch.

Lately, when a game launches broken it's broken everywhere but not this time.

komorebi

I understand why people are double dipping on the PS4 version (game feels good in the 5 minutes that was playable) but I wish they wouldn't haha. Or at least wait until you can get a used version (shouldn't be long).

I can't get a refund on either the game or the season pass so forking over ANOTHER $60 is a tough sell. I'm going to give it a few days and if there's no patch by the weekend then PS4 it is.

PS4 fanboys have become the ultimate trolls online at this point. Worse than Xbox 360 fanboys last gen.

They're all jumping on this making it seem as though this happens all the time on PC and so "just get it on PS4". As if the EXACT opposite hasn't actually been the truth this generation.

FUCK OFF already.

Well they clearly got to you, just ignore them.

Bandito

Neo Member
This might go down in history as the worst port of the gen.

It deserves to.. Wish I could get a refund. I can't see any amount of patches making that big of a difference. It's just not been designed with pc in mind. Sucks big time, i can't afford to go buy this on ps4 after getting the pc version

viveks86

How the fuck does the PC version not have AO? What the fucking fuck?

I knew there was something off when comparing footage between the 2 versions earlier and this explains it. There's the reason I prefer the look of the ps4 version.

But all in all, this is the closest to parity I think we've ever come. Congratulations Warner Brothers.

Yeah the AO omission is atrocious. It's even there in the settings files, but doesn't seem to affect anything. Hope it's a bug

Well, no AO is so, so, so fucking bullshit.

What the actual fuck. I do not even want to play the game that much but that shit is just pure fucking shit.

misho8723

Banned
Man, Witcher 3 PC version looks, is and was from the start a great version that get better with patches - with in fact many great options, settings, etc... but for many people the patches weren't neccesery to play the game and enjoying their time with her - you can even start and play the game with a single or dualcore machine (the experience is going to realy suffer, but atleast compared to many modern games you CAN, you have the option to play the game with machines that are way below the official minimal hardware requirements)

But the situation in the case of BAK is way, way worse - now many ( I don't know if most) people are going to need to wait for patches and updates to play the game

Okay, I played for some time.

- 30 FPS steady on GTX970/4960k except when there's a change in scenery: jumping to batmobile, jumping out of the bat mobile: FPS's go to 20 range, otherwise it's just solid

- Some of the cutscenes are unlocked FPS for whatever reason

- The first "save the officer" didn't move forward after I killed the enemies

- Then my brother started to watch my broadcast and:

5zGEDLP.png

scitek

ugh, who cares...this kind of stuff seems to get out of control and ends up with someone possibly losing their job, all over calling some people "babies." It's not like this guy sabotaged your copy of the game.

Tough shit. Guess what, if he can't act like a professional, he shouldn't be one.

What's puzzling about the lack of AO is that HBAO+ is one of the features Nvidia really pushes in their marketing with their Gameworks titles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So it looks like Iron Galaxy got 2 months to port it to PC.

ID 45433 Iron Galaxy Studios Dev Comp 2 months ago

https://steamdb.info/app/208650/subs/

That's just when the sub was last modified.

The Iron Galaxy developer sub was created last May and has had Arkham Knight in it from the off, plus the additional data depots were added around five months ago. IG has had plenty of time, but apparently dropped the ball in this case.

On a scale of 12 Iron Galaxy employees to Rocksteady, how would you rate this PC port?

Anyone with a 7850 / i5-2500k or around about that have any benchmarks?

MattyG

Banned
Just put the cap back down to 30 and the stuttering has almost entirely stopped (for now).

Edit: it's still happening when I'm in the Batmobile. Shit.

is it me or every single PC release has issues on launch? Has this been going on for a while now?

It's just you. There are lots of games that launch flawlessly/near flawlessly on PC. Unfortunately there a big releases that take up a lot of the spotlight and make it look like it's a problem across all games.

I'd rather them remove it from the store, Rocksteady takes another two or three months(or whatever it takes)to give us a proper PC port, and then we can try again. This is nothing short of a disaster.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
i5 4670k
980Ti
16GB RAM
256GB SSD

Constant stuttering with FPS unlocked and the game performs like shit in the Batmobile. Cut scenes can be a mess. Even when these issues aren't going on the game's visuals are nothing to write home about. Quite a disappointment, but at least my copy was free. *shrugs*

:/ I don't know if it was better not release any PC version at this point...

Please. Just stop with this fanboy-crap. You're in every thread bashing on PC/X1. It's abundantly clear, we get your message, but it doesn't change anything.

They shouldn't release it in this state, yes. They should've at least delayed it, but not release it at all? Geez.

Kinthalis

Banned
:/ I don't know if it was better not release any PC version at this point...

I would have rather waited a month or two for a good pc version. Good performance nice graphics enhancements.

When a ps4 is besting a modern gpu, you know something went terribly, terribly wrong.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The Witcher 3 PC definitely had problems at launch. Massive amounts of crashing.

Yeah, it was a total crash fest.

The biggest issue for me was the camera stutter. Which at first seemed like a classic PC frame pacing issue, but it turned out to be a problem even on the console SKUs.

Top Bottom