• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Red Hood

Banned
The Witcher 3 PC definitely had problems at launch. Massive amounts of crashing.

I had exactly one very random crash and no extreme freezes whatsoever in my 110 hours of gameplay. Some drops here and there, but nothing too much. I bought it from GOG though, so could it be something related to Steam? Unlikely, I know, but I didn't encounter a lot of issues.

kriven4437

Neo Member
I can't get to GCPD at the opening before the game just crashes on me. However the Harley Quinn DLC played fine until I tried to exit the game.

I bounce around 30-60 FPS on my 7950 3GB

gdt

Okay let's see what happens now that I'm home from work.

The benchmark Is giving my an average framerate of 60fps (have my max as 60).

I know it's supposed to be useless, but so far so good.

is it me or every single PC release has issues on launch? Has this been going on for a while now?

It's just you. I've been playing almost exclusively on PC for over a decade now (and literally exclusively the past couple of years) and vast majority of games have worked fine for me day-one.

Kinthalis

Banned
Crazy... And I thought the Unity release on PC was bad...

Unity release was waaaay better on pc than consoles. It still dippong into low 20s on ps4, while it never went below 50 a decent pc. Scaling was pretty linear and that with the better graphics settings on pc.

omonimo

Banned
Please. Just stop with this fanboy-crap. You're in every thread bashing on PC/X1. It's abundantly clear, we get your message, but it doesn't change anything.

They shouldn't release it in this state, yes. They should've at least delayed it, but not release it at all? Geez.
You know member war what is it right? Hope you will be banned for this stupid post.
Just I said I don't see the reason to release such terrible port on pc if they don't care to optmize it. Would been more 'honest'.

I'd rather them remove it from the store, Rocksteady takes another two or three months(or whatever it takes)to give us a proper PC port, and then we can try again. This is nothing short of a disaster.

Cmon now, that's not going to happen. That would cost them so much to do that it's worth keeping it up as is until it gets fixed shortly.

You folks act like you don't have options. Did you buy it on steam? Then request a refund. You can't get a refund? Write a review on steam discussing how the issues with AK as they are now have affected your ability to play it.

You're not without options nor without a voice.

jacobeid

Banned
On a scale of 12 Iron Galaxy employees to Rocksteady, how would you rate this PC port?

Anyone with a 7850 / i5-2500k or around about that have any benchmarks?

That's my exact setup.

If I turn off Steam overlay I can play the game without stuttering at 30fps (save for cutscenes) with AA off, textures set to low, shadows and LOD set to high if I set the game to 900p.

It looks like shit, to be honest.

Joeku

Borderless seems to have fixed most of my problems, but it introduced a weird one: my UI is offset and partially off the screen; subtitles too (can't tell if the world is as well). I only have a 1600x900 monitor, and it almost feels like the game's running in 1080p and just lopping off the right and bottom of the frame.

Any ideas?

GHG

I'm so confused, why would they remove AO on PC?

I hope it's a bug.

If not then they are simply incompetent and couldn't get it working but released it anyway and hoped nobody would notice. That along with the wet cape shader being missing, hairworks getting cancelled and less rain effects.

I'd really like know wtf happened to the PC version of this game.

So is there any additional statement from Rocksteady? Some kind of emergency plan? I hope they realise that they need to communicate with their customers in this situation.

Gbraga

Can we take a moment to think that, if this was still a Square-Enix franchise, we'd probably be getting this port done by guys like Nixxes or QLOC?

Thanks Obama.

Karak

I was also one of the lucky ones sticking at 30 all the time. Moved to another computer or 2 and watched a friend play their version and damn. Its pure hot trash. Its titanic bad. I swear this reminds me of the same odd issues that Lords of The Fallen had which also has Denuvo.

Nokterian

What a shitport just like arkham city and Origins was just good from day one minor a few bugs but this? I got it for free and still they managed to screw it up. Crashed 4 times already and got glicthe

Cmon now, that's not going to happen. That would cost them so much to do that it's worth keeping it up as is until it gets fixed shortly.

You folks act like you don't have options. Did you buy it on steam? Then request a refund. You can't get a refund? Write a review on steam discussing how the issues with AK as they are now have affected your ability to play it.

You're not without options nor without a voice.

I never once acted like people don't have options, but we pay for something we expect it to work properly out of the box. I'm not saying the issues can't be patched. I'm saying it shouldn't have released in its current form in the first place. They knew it was a piece of trash and had that garbage DRM a long time ago. I love how many of us PC gamers all though GTA V would be a disaster on PC. I would have never thought this about Batman. At the worst, I was thinking the Gameworks stuff would tank the performance...and it does

Vuze

Feral games are quite decent normally, iirc. Would be funny if the Linux port is better than the Windows one.
I like how the devs/port studio is interacting with the community. But considering their work is based on the Windows version... well, wait and see.

roytheone

Gemüsepizza;169528310 said:
So is there any additional statement from Rocksteady? Some kind of emergency plan? I hope they realise that they need to communicate with their customers in this situation.

They said that they are aware of the issue and that they and their "external PC version partner" take the issues very seriously.

The Witcher 3 PC definitely had problems at launch. Massive amounts of crashing.

In 126 hours I had only one crash, and that one was because in that moment I was alt-tabbing like crazy.

Most people who complained of being super crashy were Nvidia users, it makes me suspect it wasn't the game fault, but the last Nvidia drivers.

RK9039

Gemüsepizza;169528310 said:

They basically said "don't worry, we hear you". It's like they didn't know how broken their game was.

That's my exact setup.

If I turn off Steam overlay I can play the game without stuttering at 30fps (save for cutscenes) with AA off, textures set to low, shadows and LOD set to high if I set the game to 900p.

It looks like shit, to be honest.

Thanks for the info, definitely not going to be getting this game any time soon.

Is it better to wait until there's a PC patch before I buy this game?

The fact that there's even a thread for performance issues tells me yes.

Yes I would wait, no point buying it now when it could be fixed and cheaper in the future, and there are PC performance threads for every major game that releases, not just for the ones with bad ports.

Tabasco

The fact that this thread is filled with performance issues tells me yes.

I never once acted like people don't have options, but we pay for something we expect it to work properly out of the box. I'm not saying the issues can't be patched. I'm saying it shouldn't have released in its current form in the first place. They knew it was a piece of trash and had that garbage DRM a long time ago. I love how many of us PC gamers all though GTA V would be a disaster on PC. I would have never thought this about Batman. At the worst, I was thinking the Gameworks stuff would tank the performance...and it does

Arkham City launched in rough shape and still runs poorly on max settings. Most folks who have been following the batman games on PC suspected it might not launch very well and here we are.

I lucked out and got the game for free on PC but I almost never get a game at launch because the industry has conditioned me to wait for a while until a game gets patched a few times. Buying games day one only benefits the publishers; the gamer is almost always better served waiting it out.

knowing that, I still think this will be fine in a few days. It hasn't been out for even 24 hours and they're working on it, it cant be any worse that the MKX PC port.

bobawesome

It's not just this game. EA sent out a tweet about Battlefront. Bunch of PS4 idiots saying how you shoudl buy it on PS4 instead 'cause Arkham.

IT's fanboys being idiot fanboys as usual. Nevermind mind that it would be a hundred times easier to turn the argument around.

Yeah well, what about Witcher 3? Lords of the fallen? Alien Isolations? AC Unity? Battlefield 4? etc, etc, etc.

There's an agenda with them here. They want to spin this from "Fucking terrible dev that is putting yet another half-baked turd out" to PC gaming sucks!! That's not helpful to anyone, including PS4 gamers that have to put up with this on other games.

Why are they doing this? Who knows. Maybe trying to overcompensate? Upset that PC ahrdware has alreayd left their console behind? Fanboys will fanboy I guess, but PS4 ones are pretty out of control.

You make nearly every thread you go into hostile and unbearable. There's no need to get so upset over videogames.

dEvAnGeL

there's always a thread for performance games here on GAF, you should not buy the game because of the things that are being written in the thread

Kinthalis

Banned
I was also one of the lucky ones sticking at 30 all the time. Moved to another computer or 2 and watched a friend play their version and damn. Its pure hot trash. Its titanic bad. I swear this reminds me of the same odd issues that Lords of The Fallen had which also has Denuvo.

Whats your setup?

Im considering locking at 30 toll patched. Yenn is bringi f me down in w3 too mich. Such a nag.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

Don't buy it now. Wait for sale. If you can't wait, then probably try to get some cheap Nvidia codes and hope that you get a patch soon.

Is anyone else having trouble trying to get a refund for this game? The Steam support page just redirects me to Warner Brothers' support site.

edit: I don't know what I'm talking about

Arkham City launched in rough shape and still runs poorly on max settings. Most folks who have been following the batman games on PC suspected it might not launch very well and here we are.

I lucked out and got the game for free on PC but I almost never get a game at launch because the industry has conditioned me to wait for a while until a game gets patched a few times. Buying games day one only benefits the publishers; the game is almost always better served waiting it out.

knowing that, I still think this will be fine in a few days. It hasn't been out for even 24 hours and they're working on it, it cant be any worse that the MKX PC port.

For those who don't want to wait or want something new to play, it almost sounds like you're trying to make excuses simply because it can be patched later? Apologies if I'm wrong but it seems that's what you're saying.

JRW

Well unlocking the framerate and enabling the Half refresh adaptive vsync option in Nvidia control panel seems to be the best bet for now.. its locked 30fps this way (At least on 60hz monitors) but its running smoother than before.

Tovarisc

I admit I saw that out of context. Still, my point stands that acting like someone shouldn't lose their job for acting completely unprofessionally is something I don't understand.

Maybe so, but if GAF has now managed to witch hunt and link random GAF user with WB employee and cost said employee his job how that is right? It's very unlikely that WB employee loses his job, but in case he would it would mean GAF just fucked someone's life over. By going blindly after someone after post that GAF didn't like.

Being unprofessional in position where professionality is expected is wrong and bad, but witch hunts by any forum are also bad.

dmix90

So.
- In-game benchmark tool runs with unlocked framerate, actual game is locked to 30fps by default. Logic?
- Missing Ambient Occlusion and lower quality wet shader effects( batman coat and mask ) compared to consoles.
- Horrible stuttering and slow texture streaming. Crashes.
- Can't verify steam game cache without redownloading whole game.
- Missing language packs which are listed at steam store page( no Russian subtitles available atm )
- Only Normal texture option is available. Worse textures than console versions(?).
- Memory hog(Leaks?).
- Unable to hold steady 30fps even on lowest available settings( FX8120@4.6ghz + GTX 970 + 12GB RAM )
- SLI performance is worse than single card even after special nvidia update and game ready drivers.

What the fuck happened? My guess they just uploaded wrong build to steam servers. That happened before with Dead Island, right?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm so confused, why would they remove AO on PC?

seems like it's just that Iron Galaxy don't know what they are doing here, it's not just the lack of any ambient occlusion but also the AA they put in the game is awful and texture filtering is pretty iffy as well.

This is a High Voltage Software-Tier port.

Top Bottom