• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Anime Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was kinda hoping these would be directed in-house. Bruce Timm's great and all, but he's directed relatively little, and I hope we don't get an American directing sensibility just with anime artwork.

i've walked away from anything anime for some time now because i felt alot of it was shit. but lately i got to see paprika and tekkon kinkreet. so that most definitely changed. madhouse and studio 4c ... with this project ... very interesting

Penguin

Dan said:
I was kinda hoping these would be directed in-house. Bruce Timm's great and all, but he's directed relatively little, and I hope we don't get an American directing sensibility just with anime artwork.

I think Bruce Timm has done more work with Batman in the last 2 decades that most people combined...

I have no fear he has a handle on it.

Dan

Penguin said:
I think Bruce Timm has done more work with Batman in the last 2 decades that most people combined...

I have no fear he has a handle on it.
That isn't really a response to anything I said. The man's a godly producer and a great designer, no doubt, but he's only directed five television episodes and co-directed two films. Directing isn't really his 'thing', let alone anime.

I just don't want this to be the same stuff we've seen before but with anime art. The Animatrix stuff was awesome because it had such divergent sensibilities in ways far beyond just art style. I always assumed these would be directed by anime vets.

Sanjuro

This would make the waiting MUCH MUCH easier. Unless it comes out a week before TDK and just makes my cock hard for full week.

OatmealMu

castle007 said:

c0a767ebc40df7aa050123107d736973.jpg

Shouta

Kastro said:
somehow I don't think his style would be fitting for this..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Is_Iori.jpg

what would be cool is the mangaka for Berserk drawing the artwork. Guts in Berserker armor reminds me a lot of Batman.

You should see Zetman, Masukazu Katsura's current manga.Katsura is a HUGE Batman fan and has a giant collection of Batman related stuff. If there was any manga artist that I would want to do Batman, it would be Katsura.

Dan

J2 Cool said:
Is Shinichiro Watanabe still at studio 4c?
Last I heard he had one or two live-action projects he wanted to do.

SOLDIER said:
Please.

Please Please Please Please Please.

Yoko Kanno: Composer.

Please God.
Sorry but I'm not sure I want this to happen. The amount of awesome would be too great for this universe to handle.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
mmmm

I.G. has fallen off recently, their last good "animation" was I forget the name, the one about the kids who could control the wind.

Madhouse sucks.

4C, is great, can't wait to see what they do.

sp0rsk said:
mmmm

I.G. has fallen off recently, their last good "animation" was I forget the name, the one about the kids who could control the wind.

Madhouse sucks.

4C, is great, can't wait to see what they do.

You can't say they've fallen off if you can't even name anything they've done recently that you dislike...and anyway, these studios are really only involved in the actual production, IE the visuals and audio, while someone else is writing the script and directing. I don't think you can say when it comes to animation and audio, these studios do a bad job

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Zoramon089 said:
You can't say they've fallen off if you can't even name anything they've done recently that you dislike...and anyway, these studios are really only involved in the actual production, IE the visuals and audio, while someone else is writing the script and directing. I don't think you can say when it comes to animation and audio, these studios do a bad job

Blood sucks.

Dabanton

OatmealMu said:

Outta nowhere:lol

But on topic or off heh...am really looking forward to this project. People can say many things about the Matrix, but the Animatrix was awesome and with a character as recognizable as Batman how can you fail?

YYZ

OatmealMu said:
:lol

What a perfect response, I'm so damn excited for this. I hope this comes out in HD format after. Are new animes coming out in HD format now? I know the Gundam 00 is available in 720p. This is going to be amazing.

7Th

MadHouse is actually a pretty terrible studio when they aren't doing movies or autheur projects like Dennou Coil or Kemonozume... good thing this project is a movie! IG's TV offerings are pretty poor other than Windy Tales but their theatrical and OVA releases are beautiful. 4°C is all around goodness. Pretty high expectations of this, like I said in 4Chan months ago. :lol

And DieH@rd, Texholyze was by MadHouse.

Oh my......

This promises to be full of all sorts of Epic-Goodness.

Batman + Anime + Timm? How does this go wrong? Seriously. How?

7Th said:
MadHouse is actually a pretty terrible studio when they aren't doing movies or autheur projects like Dennou Coil or Kemonozume... good thing this project is a movie! IG's TV offerings are pretty poor other than Windy Tales but their theatrical and OVA releases are beautiful. 4°C is all around goodness. Pretty high expectations of this, like I said in 4Chan months ago. :lol

And DieH@rd, Texholyze was by MadHouse.

WTF are you talking about?! Have you never seen Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex and 2nd gig?! And IGPX?!

7Th

Zoramon089 said:
WTF are you talking about?! Have you never seen Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex and 2nd gig?! And IGPX?!

You're right, I forgot IGPX's nice 2D kendo sequences!

Dahbomb

This anime has a lot of talented writers behind it (David Goyer? hell yes!) and a really talented animation studios. That's a winning combination right there and then you realize it is based off of a kick ass franchise like Batman... automatic fail proof.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:
Windy Tales. Which was indeed great.

But...GITS: Stand Alone Complex seasons + movie? Seirei no Moribito?

Of course, those both share the same director, so they're more like anomalies on I.G's otherwise less than stellar output in recent years.

And Madhouse doesn't really suck, they're just extremely inconsistent. You might get a really great production (i.e. Satoshi Kon's work there) or you might get some "farmed out to Korea" crap (I'm looking at you, Claymore).

And yeah, I'm pumped to see Studio 4C's contributions.

Busaiku

sp0rsk said:
Not into Guardian Of The Sacred Spirit or Ghost Hound?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Awesome, Batman is my favorite comic book character, can't wait to see what some Japanese studios do with the property.

Matt_C

Please let this on Bluray, please WB. We had to deal with BB being on HD-DVD and us Batman fans want something to watch after seeing New Frontier on High Def.

Besides, the weaboo in me is squeeling in delight since WB has the right people working on this.

Do you think Jagi, from HnK, is Tetsuo Hara's and Buronson's manga parody of Batman since Jagi only fights with weapons?

Matt_C said:
Please let this on Bluray, please WB. We had to deal with BB being on HD-DVD and us Batman fans want something to watch after seeing New Frontier on High Def.

Besides, the weaboo in me is squeeling in delight since WB has the right people working on this.

Do you think Jagi, from HnK, is Tetsuo Hara's and Buronson's manga parody of Batman since Jagi only fights with weapons?
[/QUOTE]
What? No, and Jagi even used some Hokuto Shinken.

Matt_C

Prime crotch said:
What? No, and Jagi even used some Hokuto Shinken.

Oh yeah, I do remember Jagi using Hokuto Shinken in the fight. I am just getting tired but I read that chapter, from the Master Edition, from the Jagi fight.
It's just that Jagi was so obsessed with winning that he resorted trying to use gasoline fires or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom