• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Sebulon3k said:
Did they ever say when the new PC release date is going to be?

OP says 08th of November in the US. Not sure when the EU/UK release date is though. :/

Every site I look at, still has the date for the pc version out for 21st of October. And that's definitely not right.

Vire

Sorry about being a week early, I totally spaced on that. I guess my excitement got the better of me.

JazzmanZ

I wonder how they'll be able to top this if they made a 3rd game?

Batman arkham Tri-state
a serious tri-state on a serious earth?

GeoramA

Excellent OP. The game is so close!

Arkham Asylum is still very fresh in my head and I haven't played it since 2009.

Deadly Cyclone said:
A week early, but well done nonetheless.

Can't wait for this game, and I want ALL of those skins.

Plus, why don't we (NA) get the cool steelbook edition?

I had read that Future Shop is selling a Steelbook edition, but I dunno if that's still true.

Curufinwe

So where is everybody ordering from? I'll be going with Amazon for convenience and the $10 credit, and probably getting the 360 version since there's no online multiplayer. And if I haven't finished it by November 1st I won't have to swap discs to put Uncharted 3 in.

$49.99 will the most I've payed for a new game this generation, I think.

Thsi is comiming in 2 weeks?

My body isnt ready!

Gladly surprised, will be my first game with my new GTX570 card, and it will be glorious.

WTF the preorder shit, I want to play with BTAS skin :/

GeoramA

Curufinwe said:
So where is everybody ordering from? I'll be going with Amazon for convenience and the $10 credit, and probably getting the 360 versions since there's no online multiplayer.

From Amazon as well. $1 release-date delivery ftw. Plus I had about $45 in gift card and bonus credit.

Only cost $15.

Curufinwe

GeoramA said:
From Amazon as well. $1 release-date delivery ftw. Plus I had about $45 in gift card and bonus credit.

Only cost $15.

Nice. I think I have about $7 in credit on my Amazon Rewards Visa that I can use. I signed up for that back in July just to get an immediate $40 credit to use on Shadows of the Damned, but now I use it as my main credit card. It only has a $1,000 limit so I feel safer using it to buy stuff online than when I used to use the debit card that has access to my whole Checking account.

JazzmanZ

I hope theres more villain cameos that arent part of the story or side-stories.

Maybe more of the obscure villains like Catman or Humpty dumpty appearing.

x-Lundz-x

Curufinwe said:
So where is everybody ordering from? I'll be going with Amazon for convenience and the $10 credit, and probably getting the 360 version since there's no online multiplayer. And if I haven't finished it by November 1st I won't have to swap discs to put Uncharted 3 in.

Amazon

20 dollar credit from Gears 3 + 10 dollar credit being offered for this game effectively makes it 29.99. Works for me!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Still drooling over the preorder skins.

The_Monk

Nice work with the OP!

The steelbook look nice, I hope the game to have a great campaign. To be honest, I never like Batman...Never was a fan but when I played the AA my whole opinion on Batman changed.

That shows, at least for me that when a game is great you pass on things you don't like and have a great experience. I'm curious to play this but, just not right now. Too many games, no money/time for all...

I think this is the Steelbook you get from Future Shop:

10179858.jpg

All pre-orders will qualify for the Future Shop exclusive Steelbook. All regular edition games will be automatically upgraded to the limited edition and will receive a Steelbook.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The first game was awesome, but I shelved it after beating it. As gorgeous as this looks, I'm thinking Redbox rental.
It might've been tough not buying this, but getting shafted on skins makes it a whole lot easier.

The English Conquistador said:
Damn, that's a REALLY good theme song.

Is it the same composer from the first game? I remember that game had a pretty meh soundtrack. Judging from the preview in the OP and this, it sounds drastically improved.

Same composer, weirdly.

Maybe higher budget , lol.

Raw64life

My body will not be ready thanks to Dark Souls, but getting release date delivery anyway thanks to Amazon Prime. Will be hard to resist.

Atomski

So hyped but damn did they drop the ball on the PC release date. I hoped to have it complete by the time Skyrim came out and no way that is happening now.

Nice thread. The subtitle should have been reversed: Glidin' Places, Smashin' Faces rolls off the tongue, ends on a high note, and just flows better overall conceptually. You're more likely to glide to a place then smash a face, than the other way around.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Vire said:
US

WALMART- $10 E-Gift Card
Walmart's also bundling in the Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition with their copies.

PS3

Great deal if you don't already have the first game (or were looking to rebuy it, in my case).

Magnus

I...very much need to finish Arkham Asylum before this comes out. I've played it for half an hour at a time, like, three or four times since it first released. And I've loved it. I don't know why I always stopped though. I think I'm only one boss encounter in, too.

Great OP

Lifejumper said:
Same composer, weirdly.

Higher budget maybe, lol.

Aha! Maybe!

Whatever the reason, it sounds a lot better imo. More "umph" to it I think. :)

This game has kinda slipped under my radar for a while tbh. I knew I'd be buying it, since I'm a big Batman fan, but like other games I end up getting, I don't want to pay too much attention to the game until it's near release/already out, so I'm completely oblivious to most of the info that's in the media. I'm glad it's this way though, since this OT has made me very excited to play it.

Really tempted to double dip on the 360 version, though the version I want really is the PC version. :3

Curufinwe

Atomski said:
So hyped but damn did they drop the ball on the PC release date. I hoped to have it complete by the time Skyrim came out and no way that is happening now.

Not unless the PC version of Skyrim gets delayed.

Dakota47

After seeing a demo of this game last weekend I went from not interested at all to hyped. Really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom