• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Review Thread

Bazhard said:
But IGN should be put on it? sometimes i think this entire forum is just a joke and full of trolls.
IGN is not a single entity, just like NeoGAF is not entirely filled with joke and troll posts.

chrislowe

JB1981 said:
Wow looks like it will be the best or one of the best reviewed games of the year. X360 version get.

so its the better version?
i played the last one on x360 aswell, but rather have my games on the ps3 :-/
(my 360 is the arcademodell with 16GB usb-storage)

JB1981

chrislowe said:
so its the better version?
i played the last one on x360 aswell, but rather have my games on the ps3 :-/
(my 360 is the arcademodell with 16GB usb-storage)

I really don't know, honestly. Arkham Asylum 360 was superior to PS3 version, IMO. 360 had AA and SSAO, PS3 lacked it. I'm assuming the same might be true here but I am not sure.

iratA

x-Lundz-x said:
HOLY SHIT at the reviews.

Wow has any other game been rated so high this year? Maybe Portal 2?

Uncharted 3 is sounds like it has a chance at taking the crown, along with Skyrim? Maybe.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
iratA said:
Uncharted 3 is sounds like it has a chance at taking the crown, along with Skyrim? Maybe.

Don't forget Skyward Sword.

Sn4ke_911

yQg8A.png

Sn4ke_911

iratA said:
Skyward Sword looks good, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure its going to receive the same crack scores that we are seeing here.

Oh it will.

XOuOi.png

Coop

Buckethead said:
Eh Twilight Princess is not a 95.

*cringe*

I hate Metacritic altogether...

*double cringe*
I thought it was boring. The first couple hours were torture and I gave up

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So what's the latest on the PC version? Sorry, been out of the loop for a while.

MrOogieBoogie said:
So what's the latest on the PC version? Sorry, been out of the loop for a while.

Release date is suspected to be November 15th and there probably won't be any DLC available on PC as well...

Coop said:
Played the whole thing is was pretty bland I hate that damn wolf... Midna was pretty cool though.

Nice avatar by the way. Funny stuff.

You should totally add Jim Sterlin's review where he complains Batman has too many moves, and the controls are too complex, and they're confusing.

Real talk.

Gully State said:
Release date is suspected to be November 15th and there probably won't be any DLC available on PC as well...

Damn, and I used Arkham City as the deciding factor for my new graphics card since it came free with the gtx560Ti. Oh well.

chrislowe

JB1981 said:
I really don't know, honestly. Arkham Asylum 360 was superior to PS3 version, IMO. 360 had AA and SSAO, PS3 lacked it. I'm assuming the same might be true here but I am not sure.

ok, i guess i will get the xbox360 version then anyway.. if DF doesnt get a review up before.

Criminal Upper said:
You should totally add Jim Sterlin's review where he complains Batman has too many moves, and the controls are too complex, and they're confusing.

Real talk.
Ah, man! You mean I can't chug a bottle of cold medicine and lazily flick my finger to win like in Angry Birds?

Mupod

chrisisawesome said:
Damn, and I used Arkham City as the deciding factor for my new graphics card since it came free with the gtx560Ti. Oh well.

Same here with my 580, but I've been getting the runaround just trying to get my damn code for the game. They can't be out of them because they're still running the promotion with ads everywhere.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Gully State said:

Wow, why is the PC version so gimped?

MrOogieBoogie said:
Wow, why is the PC version so gimped?

B/c it's the job of the publisher to sprinkle chunks of turd on an otherwise delicious cake..

Mat C said:
In other words, it could still be November 8th and Rocksteady haven't actually confirmed that there won't be any DLC for the PC version.

Cool.

Glass half empty/glass half full. Whatever the case it's delayed with GFWL. To me that's pretty much actively gimping one of your ports.

McLovin

Coop said:
It is boring at first, but it's a really good game. I'd say it's really somewhere between a 8.5/10 and a 9/10.

Wilbur

Banned
Dammit. I was hoping FIFA would tide me over until Skyrim came out, and I'd get this, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed around January. But it looks too damn awesome. Can I finish it in the 3 weeks before Skyrim? I'M GETTING IT.

Bumhead

Banned
Gully State said:
Glass half empty/glass half full. Whatever the case it's delayed with GFWL. To me that's pretty much actively gimping one of your ports.

GFWL is a pain in the arse, no question, but it's no deal breaker personally. Not for a game of this much overall quality anyhow.

The delay was to make sure the PC version was going to be the absolute best looking version of the game available. Again, it sucks and I'm really struggling with the prospect of this wait, but I think we'll get a quality product at the end of it. I bought Arkham Asylum this week on Steam to try and ease the pain and I was pleasantly shocked by how much better the game looks on PC than it did on either of my Xbox 360 or PS3 play throughs. I'm prepared to wait for a PC enhanced Arkham City.

As for the DLC? Well, they're releasing DLC for two of the three platforms the game is available for. To me, it just makes sense to assume PC will get it too, and that's my standpoint until Rocksteady definitely come out and say "Hey, no DLC for you lot".

Wilbury said:
Dammit. I was hoping FIFA would tide me over until Skyrim came out, and I'd get this, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed around January. But it looks too damn awesome. Can I finish it in the 3 weeks before Skyrim? I'M GETTING IT.

3 weeks is a loooong time for a non-rpg, you should be good!

Can not believe those reviews, that's just... wow...

Btw, I love Gary Oldman, but the movie from your avatar suuuuuucked. :)

TheExodu5

Banned
Mat C said:
The delay was to make sure the PC version was going to be the absolute best looking version of the game available. Again, it sucks and I'm really struggling with the prospect of this wait, but I think we'll get a quality product at the end of it. I bought Arkham Asylum this week on Steam to try and ease the pain and I was pleasantly shocked by how much better the game looks on PC than it did on either of my Xbox 360 or PS3 play throughs. I'm prepared to wait for a PC enhanced Arkham City.

I originally bought AA on PS3 due to the delay, but really, once you play it on PC, it's impossible to go back.

Wilbur

Banned
Ozzykamikaze said:
3 weeks is a loooong time for a non-rpg, you should be good!

Can not believe those reviews, that's just... wow...

Btw, I love Gary Oldman, but the movie from your avatar suuuuuucked. :)

Yeah I'll get it, and then get Uncharted & Ass Creed next year.

Also, SHUT UP

Wow these reviews are glowing so far. I'm suddenly starting to think I need to find a way to obtain $60 somehow. Maybe I'll trade in some games.

TheExodu5 said:
I originally bought AA on PS3 due to the delay, but really, once you play it on PC, it's impossible to go back.

Same...bought AA on PS3 because of the extra content and was totally disappointed in how terribad the game looked on console. I'm bitter about the delay as well as GFWL but I have faith in Rocksteady because they delivered an overall great PC port last time around.

RPGCrazied

JB1981 said:

It seems like all the reviews coming out are from the 360 version. At least that is what I gathered from the on screen button prompts in the videos. Is there a video review of the PS3 version being played?

TheExodu5

Banned
Many people on GAF found the PS3 version just fine, but personally, I think the difference was rather large and in favor of the 360 version: framerate, AA, SSAO, motion blur.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just bought AA on Steam yesterday. Only had time to play 1 hour, but i liked what i played. This will keep me busy until the PC version of AC is released... hopefully not on November 15th since Zelda only release a couple of days later...

Top Bottom