• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's time.

muKLizO.jpg

And yes codes for the Adam West skin and JL 3000 are in the box.

I can't redeem my codes on PS4, could you?

BatSu

Quick question. Are there riddler "puzzles", just like in Arkham City? Never seen any of it in the footage so far and those were my favorite part of the game.

Yes, but the truth, so far only talked with him

hlhbk

To anyone considering watching the IGN video review DON'T. I stopped watching after the first one but there is at least one major spoiler in it!

Could you put in spoilers what the first 5 mins showed at the conference was?

It could be that I just haven't been paying attention.

Opens with Joker being cremated, narration says the city has been quiet. A police officer enters a diner (done in first person) and ends up being overcome with fear toxin. Hallucinates a bunch of scary crap and shoots up the diner and patrons.

Opens with Joker being cremated, narration says the city has been quiet. A police officer enters a diner (done in first person) and ends up being overcome with fear toxin. Hallucinates a bunch of scary crap and shoots up the diner and patrons.

Thank you, and you guys are right, I completely missed that part.

Carry on my boys.

Simo

Could you put in spoilers what the first 5 mins showed at the conference was?

It could be that I just haven't been paying attention.

Sure.
Joker's body is cremated. VO by Gordon. We see a GCPD cop enter a diner and after taking a seat gets asked to confront a customer smoking in the corner. When the cop approaches the customer he unleashes fear gas on the cop who then sees all the other patrons and goons as zombies and begins firing his weapon at them.

Here is the trailer too officially uploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFEcI9Ehk-o

Sure.
Joker's body is cremated. VO by Gordon. We see a GCPD cop enter a diner and after taking a seat gets asked to confront a customer smoking in the corner. When the cop approaches the customer he unleashes fear gas on the cop who then sees all the other patrons and goons as zombies and begins firing his weapon at them.

Here is the trailer too officially uploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFEcI9Ehk-o

I'm glad you fixed that, I was sweating, lol.

Please see above for my reply. Thanks again.

BatSu

Ha. Because they haven't opened up yet or because you were doing other stuff

FWIW, I liked it a lot. Totally left field!

Yes, I was more focused on the story mode. Also, I just talked to him and exit the game, tomorrow more. Now, I go to work, see you

Simo

First 30 minutes on PS4 uploaded that I downloaded from YouTube. The player isn't that good to be honest so try not to get too frustrated watching it..lol

Quoteth thy post.

SomTervo

Performance in the batmobile is pretty rough from what I've played. Going to run a database rebuild on my PS4 just to confirm things are okay but smashing through anything results in some steady hiccups and frame drops.

I played 2 hours and performance was flawless in and out of batmobile. Except for one random frame-drop in a cutscene that was really bad. But it was the only one. And literally just one second.

I'm obsessed with jumping out of the batmobile, running nearby, then tapping the 'Call Batmobile' button and watching it drive over to you by itself :p

So fucking cool

I agree it makes sense I just really dislike the sheer amount of cars.

Ah that's fair. I'm okay with the amount of cars of thugs in the city. Makes sense they'd all steal cars and joyride around. Plus it makes the place look really ALIVE, more than any of the previous games.

RAIDEN1

In the light of gameplay variety it was a welcome addition to have the the Batmobile in there, as previous games in the past have had and have implemented it well! (I'm going way back here to the two best examples, Batman returrns on the SNES, and the Mega CD version..)

Got my copy on pre-order but bit concerned that the 2nd-half seems to be "predictable"...

JonnyKong

Jesus christ, the second riddler challenge can frankly go fuck itself. 45 minutes I just wasted trying to do it and I still couldn't. It's making me really not like the batmobile attempting to do it because controlling it around tight spaces is a pain in the bum.

So far I'm actually enjoying the batmobile in combat/puzzles. I can't wait until we can talk about this story.

Yeah that's definitely not the case for me.

Are options in tank combat numerous/diverse enough to compare to on-foot combat?

And the framerate was spotty? I thought DF said it was rock steady.

Jesus christ, the second riddler challenge can frankly go fuck itself. 45 minutes I just wasted trying to do it and I still couldn't. It's making me really not like the batmobile attempting to do it because controlling it around tight spaces is a pain in the bum.

Can you skip it?

I played 2 hours and performance was flawless in and out of batmobile. Except for one random frame-drop in a cutscene that was really bad. But it was the only one. And literally just one second.

I'm obsessed with jumping out of the batmobile, running nearby, then tapping the 'Call Batmobile' button and watching it drive over to you by itself :p

So fucking cool

Ah that's fair. I'm okay with the amount of cars of thugs in the city. Makes sense they'd all steal cars and joyride around. Plus it makes the place look really ALIVE, more than any of the previous games.

God I can't wait. I have my statue edition coming on Tuesday still. They haven't canceled it or anything yet (Amazon US). This game sounds perfect for me. I'm ready to be the bat.

DrBo42

Are options in tank combat numerous/diverse enough to compare to on-foot combat?

And the framerate was spotty? I thought DF said it was rock steady.

Combat in the tank does not compare to Batman's move set. Framerate is spotty in the batmobile when crashing into things, definitely takes a hit on my system.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Guys, are all the riddler challenges with the batmobile?

I only did the first, but it hints that they are

:(

Top Bottom