• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Somebody was asking about the secondary characters being playable in Challenge Modes.

I've got a feeling you can't. But that's before the story has been completed - maybe they unlock after that?

If not it wouldn't surprise me if WB were holding them back to bulk up the side missions they're selling in the Season pass.

At the very least, they can be used in dual-play. It was in that E3 demo.

The Arkham City area is not in this game. The building in AC was the administrative building. This game has the actual chemical plant.

Ahh I see. It would be cool to see how the map from Origins/City fits in with Knight. Someone should try to splice the maps together or something.

Does anyone have a copy from the Limited (Batman statue) edition? If so, can you post a pic of the back cover? I am trying to confirm if the UPC from the LE will be the same as the regular edition so I can buy the regular edition at midnight and start playing.

Gurish

The lack of any info on the PC version is worrying and annoying.
What can be worrying about it? probably all the edited cinematic trailers (not gameplay demostrations) are from the PC+ the first E3 reveal, it's probably gonna look incredible and a big jump over consoles.

c0Zm1c

What can be worrying about it? probably all the edited cinematic trailers (not gameplay demostrations) are from the PC+ the first E3 reveal, it's probably gonna look incredible and a big jump over consoles.
Performance (especially for those of us who don't have the latest graphics cards) and any possible technical issues. I want to see some benchmarks before I buy it.

Is the Wayne Tech Booster Pack pre-order bonus from walmart just unlock abilities you'd get normally? or are we going to have to wait another 6 months to air juggle?

Just a heads up, may be the case with some other lucky people's store, my GameStop's manager said they might be giving the game out at 6pm tomorrow instead of midnight as long as they get the "Okay" from the people in charge.

They did this previously with Witcher 3 so there's a fair chance.

One would hope that with all the Nvidia co-marketing they'll put out a good PC version.

No way Nvidia would ever bundle a product that runs anything less than exceptionally on their hardware.

global-landing-page-pick-your-path.jpg

Tsukumo

Is the Wayne Tech Booster Pack pre-order bonus from walmart just unlock abilities you'd get normally? or are we going to have to wait another 6 months to air juggle?

They are available later in the game. Also it's quite likely that they are part of the first batch of dlcs, so they are going to be available on day1 anyway.

komorebi

No way Nvidia would ever bundle a product that runs anything less than exceptionally on their hardware.

Its not their fault that Ubisoft is a shit-tier developer. Nvidia is going to update drivers with or without Ubi throwing mountains of money at them for promotional deals like this so why not cooperate in the spirit of business.

Pretty sure it just unlocks stuff you get normally.

They are available later in the game. Also it's quite likely that they are part of the first batch of dlcs, so they are going to be available on day1 anyway.

Ty for fast responses. I didn't figure we be getting pre-order bonuses so soon. I do remember them saying that once all the exclusive deals ran out they put them up. If that's just as they become available or all at once well i'll have to believe they're not monsters and release them when available (no longer exclusive).

Xbudz

I bought the digital premium version on Xbox One. Here's hoping for a rocksteady framerate...
and 1080p

Really hope that rumored collection releases. I cancelled a heavily discounted preorder in anticipation for iy. Never got around to finishing Asylum and haven't touched City even after getting them through PS+.

Simo

New wallpaper!
10682331_996185473747278_8778678295159991863_o.jpg

Also GameStop employees are getting those fucking cool t-shirts too that Sefton and the Rocksteady guys wore at E3. :mad:

How did it look? Missed it.

Crossposting from the DF thread
JigglesBunny said:
A friend of mine has the game on Xbox One, he said the frame rate is smooth other than small dips during physics heavy incidents in the Batmobile and that apparently the game has a "shimmery look on edges and some broken, jagged lines" which could mean it's 900p with the same performance of PS4.

Take this with a grain of salt because lord knows exactly what he referred too when he said "shimmery look on edges" because he doesn't really know much about resolution and scaling, etc, but it sounded like a slightly gimped resolution to me since we aren't seeing that in the PS4 version from what we can tell from screens.

From the video, it definitely seems like 900p or some other sub-res, a lot of stairstepping and jaggies in the distance.

Looked to run smooth as butter though.

roytheone

For the PC users, I hope they test it on a preview build of Windows 10 to make sure it runs smoothly on that OS since its coming out soon.

Shouldn't be a problem, windows 10 is basically an adaptation of windows 8.1, and not a complete code rewrite like windows 8 was compared to 7. If it works on 8.1, it should work on 10.

pahamrick

Shouldn't be a problem, windows 10 is basically an adaptation of windows 8.1, and not a complete code rewrite like windows 8 was compared to 7. If it works on 8.1, it should work on 10.

Yeah, I'm running the 10 preview right now and all the games that worked fine for me on 8.1 are still working fine on 10.

Top Bottom