• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

SlickVic

Is the PC version even coming out on time? Could have been delayed since the review copies weren't sent and it's not up for pre-load on Steam either. Last minute delay? HOPE NOT!

It's not up for preload on PSN either and that's the review version.

I'd have to imagine if they wanted to delay the PC version they'd have gone and announced that by now.

I love calling in the batmobile while I'm in a fight. You hear it screaming towards you, then out of nowhere it appears doing a huge powerslide and wipes out all the thugs while you jump into the drivers seat. So badass.

Very disappointed about the IQ, it's 1080P after all, it can't be too bad, if it's the CA i don't mind this effect as much as others, but if it's a lot of jaggies and blurry image that sucks.

There's not much aliasing. But to be honest I'd rather have an AA solution that doesn't just act like a blur filter, even if it meant the jaggies weren't dealt with quite as well. At least the image would be sharper.

Gurish

There's not much aliasing. But to be honest I'd rather have an AA solution that doesn't just act like a blur filter, even if it meant the jaggies weren't dealt with quite as well. At least the image would be sharper.

Dude jaggies are the devil, it depends how many there would be, but if it's a lot, maybe softer and cleaner image is preferable.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's not up for preload on PSN either and that's the review version.

I'd have to imagine if they wanted to delay the PC version they'd have gone and announced that by now.

I'm hoping the same. Just worried they haven't sent any PC review copies out and that could spell trouble.

SlickVic

I'm hoping the same. Just worried they haven't sent any PC review copies out and that could spell trouble.

I don't think they sent out Xbox One review copies either, but I don't think anyone's worried about that version getting delayed.

I suppose until we get to play the game on PC we can't completely rule out the possibility of a delay, but it's rather rare for a completely last second delay to happen nowadays (especially in a major release) that I don't see much point worrying about it.

Dude jaggies are the devil, it depends how many there would be, but if it's a lot, maybe softer and cleaner image is preferable.

Jaggies suck, yeah, but I hate vaseline filters much more. FXAA, which I'm presuming is what is used in this game, can go die in a fire. And whoever thought adding CA to the corners of the screen of a game that already looks soft needs to be slapped. Lol.

Gurish

Jaggies suck, yeah, but I hate vaseline filters much more. FXAA, which I'm presuming is what is used in this game, can go die in a fire. And whoever thought adding CA to the corners of the screen of a game that already looks soft needs to be slapped. Lol.

Wish they could give us a choice, types of AA, CA on/off etc. they can put it in a sub advance menu if they fear it will confuse players, let the hardcore players play a little with the settings :/

Caode

Only awake so a bit out of the loop since yesterday but has anyone else ordered this from Amazon (UK) and not had it ship yet? Considering cancelling and going digital.

PreFire

So yeah.. Anyone know when the preload usually starts for PSN?

I might also get the premium deal for $30 on PSN ($10 off for ps plus members)

Is it even worth it?

JonnyKong

Everything about the game is really great and fun, but man alive am I already bored of shooting drones with my tank. There's so many! And they even have side missions which requires you to guess what, shoot a certain amount of drones in a smallish area. Sigh.

Oublieux

For those who are interested in the PC version: Green Man Gaming has a 40% off coupon code that doesn't seem to be publicized on their site.

The code is 40OFFB-ATAKVC-GMGRB9 and it works with all versions of Arkham Knight.

Everything about the game is really great and fun, but man alive am I already bored of shooting drones with my tank. There's so many! And they even have side missions which requires you to guess what, shoot a certain amount of drones in a smallish area. Sigh.

This was my worst fear about the game when they showed it. The batmobile combat stuff always looked like shit.

Is the Steam preload still not available?

Not up for me yet.

GHG

For those who are interested in the PC version: Green Man Gaming has a 40% off coupon code that doesn't seem to be publicized on their site.

The code is 40OFFB-ATAKVC-GMGRB9 and it works with all versions of Arkham Knight.

Amazing, thanks.

Just got the premium edition for $53.99.

Now I wait.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Can anyone with the game confirm if you can play as Robin/Catwoman/Nightwing in Challenge maps and not just the dual play sections in the story mode?

SparkTR

I tend to rate aliasing about on par with FXAA in terms of IQ destroyers in games. I just can't get over how much detail is being lost with blur filters, mainly with the textures, they lose so much of their clarity and definition.

woen

I'm not a real fan of Batman, I only played a little Asylum and a bit more Arkham City.

I may try this one because I want to see what they brought to the open world.

Is Asylum required or can I try again Arkham City then AKnight ?

ValfarHL

Got the game for just over €20 from gamers outlet. One of those Nvidia keys. Got the key just seconds after the order went through, and it activated on steam without any issues.

madmackem

Only awake so a bit out of the loop since yesterday but has anyone else ordered this from Amazon (UK) and not had it ship yet? Considering cancelling and going digital.

Yeah mine aint budge either, canceled the fucker as ive had nowt but late games from them of late just going to pop to town to pick it up on the day.

mileS

I tend to rate aliasing about on par with FXAA in terms of IQ destroyers in games. I just can't get over how much detail is being lost with blur filters, mainly with the textures, they lose so much of their clarity and definition.
Sure but different strokes for different folks. Everyone takes to it different. With some engines and games it comes down to "what would you rather more". Jaggies ruin the overall look of a game 10x as bad as any fxaa I can think of. When fxxa is the only solution available you take what you can get.

Really want this day1 but I wish I knew how different the ps4 version is to pc.
Suppose will have to wait a few days after release for the DF article.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm not a real fan of Batman, I only played a little Asylum and a bit more Arkham City.

Asylum is considered by many (myself included) to be the best in the series.

It's crafted like a metroidvania, it's very good and very cheap these days.

No reason to rush to Knight. Play through the series at your own pace imo, it's well worth it. The new game may have dropped in price a little when you get to it, too.

If it's anything like City, it's going to look a lot better on PC. Plus better frame rates if you have the system for it.

Gurish

I have the PS4 version pre ordered but my guess it that the difference will be substantial, i would even go and say, the biggest yet between the platforms.

Lasty95

AA doesn't really have any essential story elements, so AC would cover it.

Having said that, both AA and AC are 2 of the best games I've ever played and different enough from each other to both be essentials.

Caode

Yeah mine aint budge either, canceled the fucker as ive had nowt but late games from them of late just going to pop to town to pick it up on the day.

Same problem with The Witcher 3. It didn't dispatch until two days after release date even with it having 'first class' delivery, they're really dropping the ball lately. I've just cancelled it too after a rant on the live chat with them. At one point the person trying to tell me the release date was Wednesday. I've just gone digital with it.

woen

Asylum is considered by many (myself included) to be the best in the series.

It's crafted like a metroidvania, it's very good and very cheap these days.

No reason to rush to Knight. Play through the series at your own pace imo, it's well worth it. The new game may have dropped in price a little when you get to it, too.

I'll try this then thanks. Would you recommend PS3 or 360, the Trilogy edition or individual GOTY editions ?

Iceternal

So ... since no one answered my question ...

Are there any boss fights ? I heard they totally got rid of them ?!

Is Gotham very detailed like AA and AC were ? With lots of detail and cool easter-eggs to find ? These were my favourite part of the previous game. ( Origins didn't have as many and I was a little let down by that)

FHIZ

AA doesn't really have any essential story elements, so AC would cover it.

Ummm, Scarecrow?

Considering he's limited to an Easter egg in Arkham City, everything that happened to him which is reflected in Arkham Knight happened in Asylum.

Can Twitter Gaffers rally together and tell Shuhei or whoever that we'd really....really love the feature to pre load much faster.

Honestly.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'll try this then thanks. Would you recommend PS3 or 360, the Trilogy edition or individual GOTY editions ?

The Trilogy edition only has Origins on disc I believe, the first two games are download codes.

Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady (the devlopers of the actual trilogy - Asylum, City, Knight).

Origins apparently does have ties to the final game via little nods, and some consider the story to be the best in the series, but it's also a point that can introduce fatigue as it's very familiar. I think you should maybe leave that until last and play it if you're wanting more.

I'd go for individual GOTY editions as they come with extra content, not sure which console is the superior version though.

Simo

Via Instagram and from GameStop..
18992962176_72957712ea_o.jpg

2 days!!

Top Bottom