• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita/3DS) Game Informer Details

It is!

That's why I've just been deleting posts instead of banning.

Good man. :) Wow, they're epic quality for something that's even from a digital copy of a magazine, must be uber high-res the pages. o_O

I recommend magazines put a disclaimer on the screens saying "do not redistribute" (and I hate watermarks) to tell people they're "scans".

Anywho, the more I look at them, the more it looks like a 3DS game up-resed, a REALLY good-looking one, but nothing really makes me say Vita except for I guess Batman's model and the lighting? Textures are low-res and there's not much polygon-wise going on.

Eh scrap the lighting, it's GC/PS2-grade now that I look at it again.

JohngPR

Armature has experience making a Vita game...even if it is MGS HD Collection...hopefully that counts for something.

Actually Batty's model isn't that uber either in the closer shot.

But it shows Armature can push a platform (3DS) in this case, wow for 3DS, not too bad for Vita.

Hey you think it's using Unreal Engine? 3DS supports it as Splinter Cell 3D used it, but nothing else IIRC does, and the console game is built off it.

Yes 3DS uses Unreal 2.5, but it's still a looker for a handheld engine. :)

MT Framework Mobile blows it though. XD

Paskil

I think I'm more excited for this than the main game.

This. I was supremely disappointed to hear the original team wasn't on it. I hope to be surprised in this regard and this might be better since it would be difficult not to have unrealistic expectations after Asylum/City. Metroidvania is probably one of my favorite genres so I'm OK with a straight 3DS->Vita port, so long as the core experience is great.

Takao

Banned
Looks like the kind of game that WB will charge $40 for on PSV/3DS, and then port it to XBLA/PSN/eShop for $15 the next year.

That's not a port beg btw, I own both a 3DS and a Vita.

Was a bit disappointed until I saw some pictures, looks interesting, can't say i'll buy it on launch need to see some videos but definitely will pick it up at some point.

DrWong

I'm definitely interested. Game looks nice and 2.5D works really well with the 3D[on]S. Can't wait to look at some 3D screen on the eshop.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dude a 2d metroidvania game? That sounds awesom-

- No save rooms
- Modern checkpoint system
- Can manually save whenever you desire

Oh...

I'm exaggerating but that was pretty disappointing to read. Game is on my radar.

What's the deal with being disappointed by save anywhere? I love being able to save whenever. Don't people like that?

ElFly

2D animatics with full voices tell the story

Sounds like motion comics?

Motion comics are disgusting.

Dear devs, please don't waste money in motion comics they always look awful.

The screens look pretty good. The quality looks on par with a typical Vita game

That's because those are most likely Vita screens.

They are rendered at about 1280x720p which is a bit overkill for a 3DS game. Also, it looks to me like it's using unreal engine 3, with the smoke and shader effects, which the 3DS can't run. But I'm sure the 3DS version will still look good.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at the scans, I don't see something so impossible for a 3DS, especially polygon-wise: it's a game set in a closed environment, and titles like Revelations and also Mirror of Fate showed 3DS can render pretty graphics with closed environments. Hopefully, with a better frame rate than Mirror of Fate XD

Tuck

Hmmm I have high hopes for this. Just not sure if I'd buy it on 3DS of Vita (If I buy a Vita).

Still need to play Arkham City.

Nice to know that Armature wasn't just wasting all their time on that stupid Megaman concept.

dan2026

I'm also really glad they aren't just porting a cut down version of Arkham Origins.

Thumbs up for a unique game catering to the portable systems.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the deal with being disappointed by save anywhere? I love being able to save whenever. Don't people like that?

'The best part about being good at video games is making sure everyone knows it!'
That has to be Vita.

Looks way too sharp for 3DS.

Even if that's where the caps are from, I'm sure it's a 3DS game that they up ported to Vita. That's the easier way to do it, afterall.

Dude a 2d metroidvania game? That sounds awesom-

- No save rooms
- Modern checkpoint system
- Can manually save whenever you desire

Oh...

I'm exaggerating but that was pretty disappointing to read. Game is on my radar.

Don't think you need that with handheld really. I get it, but you can basically just put the Vita to sleep and it will stay on for what seems forever and just turn it back on with the game right where you left it.

'The best part about being good at video games is making sure everyone knows it!'

Even if that's where the caps are from, I'm sure it's a 3DS game that they up ported to Vita. That's the easier way to do it, afterall.

Except Armature has made a Vita game in the past, but not a 3DS one. I'm 99% certain Vita is the lead platform, based on those screens.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Actually, looking at these details

Takes full advantage of the visual three-dimensionality of the environments
- Explore, fight, and interact with the foreground abnd background

These are things that you can think about with 3DS in mind during development.

Metalmarc

The vita would be capable of handling a proper 3D version of batman a la Ac3L (obviously only done better than ac) instead we get a 2.5D platformer,, yes i saw the screens

why this? it looks like a polished psp game.

Meh, this is really going to show off the power of the vita, Not

ChaosXVI

Well...it would certainly appear that I am going to get my Retro-developed 2D Metroid game afterall....

...kind of. Definitely looking forward to more info on this.

Derrick01

Banned
I think I'll end up getting it on Vita if I can tell it's not a dumbed down port that was meant to be on 3DS. I liked the screens that I saw when I was reading GI online.

f0rk

How many 3DS/Vita games have there been? Seems like it could easily turn into a rough deal for the Vita game.

dan2026

Huh it just hit me that it was probably designed like this because of the dumb lack of a 2nd analogue stick on the 3ds.

Still optimistic though.

Top Bottom