• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

HardRojo

Is there any place you can get the CE for a reasonable price? MRSP? Amazon doesn't have it, neither does BB so what's the deal?

Oh shit, went from having no interest in looking at this game until next year to needing it day one just from reading the thread title. Good job OP!

Leks

Great OT!

Replaying Batman Arkham Asylum since it is Steamworks, I think I'm able complete it (again) before Origins comes out.

Fantastic OT, good job OP.

I can't begin to describe how excited I am for this, the developers of Proto and Hulk UD working on this is means it's going to be incredible. This may just turn out to be the best Batman game in the Arkham trilogy and may see Rocksteady having to up their games in the face of stiff competition fromWB Montreal.

Can't wait.

Fantastic OT, good job OP.

I can't begin to describe how excited I am for this, the developers of Proto and Hulk UD working on this is means it's going to be incredible. This may just turn out to be the best Batman game in the Arkham trilogy and may see Rocksteady having to up their games in the face of stiff competition fromWB Montreal.

Can't wait.
Not exactly same devs. The director of those games is the director of this one. But still, be excited.

Mascot

Cool OT.

Asylum and City were two of my all-time greats, so I've got no idea why Origins has slipped under my radar. Lost in the next-gen fog, maybe?

Game looks incredible from what I've seen. Will definitely get.

Cool OT.

Asylum and City were two of my all-time greats, so I've got no idea why Origins has slipped under my radar. Lost in the next-gen fog, maybe?

Game looks incredible from what I've seen. Will definitely get.

I think it was partly ignored because Rocksteady aren't developing it. Some assumed it's an end of gen cash grab (admittedly, so did I when it was first announced), but it's shaping up to be anything but and that pleases me no end...

Mascot

I think it was partly ignored because Rocksteady aren't developing it. Some assumed it's an end of gen cash grab (admittedly, so did I when it was first announced), but it's shaping up to be anything but and that pleases me no end...

Yeah, that's definitely part of the reason. The original scriptwriter was changed too, wasn't he?

I'm not gonna lie; I only dislike the fact that there's a bunch of achievements/trophies tied to MP. Hate those. Otherwise, it's whatever. I'm sure I'll even enjoy playing it.

That said, I'd love a well done co-op mode. Mixing the elements of predator and combat against the AI.

Right on. I still am hoping that there maybe some coop challenge maps. Eric Holmes didn't really mention it on the recent reddit AMA, he pretty much said to ask Splash Damage cause he wasn't 100% sure about all the modes.

Such a missed opportunity. Maybe DLC...

Super excited for this game nonetheless. btw, http://youtu.be/ab4w9SHkm0s DAT PC VERSION! Can't wait.

Right on. I still am hoping that there maybe some coop challenge maps. Eric Holmes didn't really mention it on the recent reddit AMA, he pretty much said to ask Splash Damage cause he wasn't 100% sure about all the modes.

Super excited for this game nonetheless. btw, http://youtu.be/ab4w9SHkm0s DAT PC VERSION! Can't wait.

I really hope DX11 is optimized at launch this time. I ran Dx9 mode at 60 fps maxed out, DX11 was always fluctuating between 45-60. Super annoying. Dx11 runs fine now though, years later.

Ephemeris

I triple dip (friends know I love the series; easy gifts) and usually make the PS3 my lead platform. This damn vid makes me want to start on PC this time around. :/

Dat snow

Yeah, that's definitely part of the reason. The original scriptwriter was changed too, wasn't he?

Yeah. Geoff Johns is scribing for this game. It'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Dini is fantastic, but it sometimes helps to bring in some new blood and hopefully anything he does won't be as annoying and BS'y as the twist in City.

Mogwai

I'm super excited for Origins. Recently I've been running AC on a GTX770 and it's a lot smoother than with HD7970. Hope this bodes well for my Origins experience.

HT UK

Really looking forward to this, hopefully there's a Steam pre-load :)

Trying to be optimistic about the Vita game too. I've got it pre-ordered, but does anyone know when the embargo is up for this? Kinda want to see reviews/feedback before keeping that pre-order.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why have the last two games taken place in the winter? Does have to do with Batman lore?

It adds tons to the overall atmosphere.

In this game however it also has a narrative purpose - game takes place during Christmas Eve while a blizzard is terrorizing Gotham.

Ephemeris

Yeah. Geoff Johns is scribing for this game. It'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Dini is fantastic, but it sometimes helps to bring in some new blood and hopefully anything he does won't be as annoying and BS'y as the twist in City.

Johns is good peoples. I usually enjoy his work and I'm not worried about Origins after Batman: Earth One.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If anybody missed it, here's the notes I took from that Nvidia presentation.

Batman: Arkham Origins

GAME
- City around twice the size of Arkham City. Two major parts connected by the bridge.
- Call in Batwing to automatically take you to the Batcave, as well as fast travel across the map.
- Interact with the Batcave: speak to Alfred, use workbench to collect gadgets, find Easter Eggs.
- Batcave has a "training gym". Aimed at showcasing the combat system to players who didn't fully appreciate it in previous Batman games. Lets you compete in challenges, rewarding with XP to upgrade Batman.
- Cops an enemy along with thugs.
- Encounter grading (eg: A = Legendary Vigilante).
- "When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" analogy used to describe Batman's aggression in Origins.
- Barbara Gordon plays an important role in the plot.

NVIDIA TECH
- Deformable snow, as you move through it (eg: footprints, rolls). Depth of imprints different based on where snow has fallen.
- Particle physics for falling snow.
- Lots of tech put into physics, tessellation, and lighting on the cape.
- Turbulence from punches, and motion of the cape, shapes the motion of particle physics (eg: snow and smoke).

Sojgat

Dooma Wendschuh and Corey May (Assassins Creed series) are the main writers, but Johns had some input. So it could go either way.

Tsukumo

Actually the writer(s) are the duo who penned all three Assassin's Creed. Johns name is probably put in there just for show.

edit: damn you, Sojgat :D

Nice! Picking up my pre-ordered Wii U version when it comes out. Game looks sweet. I never really sat down to play Arkham City. I'll definitely sink my time into this one though. This is made by the guys that ported AC to the Wii U right?

Dooma Wendschuh and Corey May (Assassins Creed series) are the main writers, but Johns had some input. So it could go either way.

Actually the writer(s) are the duo who penned all three Assassin's Creed. Johns name is probably put in there just for show.

edit: damn you, Sojgat :D

I didn't know this. Ehhh, slightly worried now but I trust in Johns to have reigned in any nonsense they might come up with...

Raxious

Haven't decided yet if I'll buy this or not. I just don't want to play AC 1.5, and it kinda looks like that.

Also, I'm not sure my laptop will be able to run this ( i5-430m, 4GB RAM, HD5870m ). My PC will probably ( i7-920, 12GB RAM, GTX 670 ), but seeing as I'm usually away I'd rather play it on my laptop.

Dr Dogg

Sweet OT. This is one game I've been wobbling on the fence on but with the GFWL yank and some decent deals flying around I might bite.

Derrick is legit excited for this game, so ... that's actually a thing.

Surely a moment to savoir. That or his 'standards' are slipping?

Top Bottom