• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Chariot

Sorry...on my phone. Didn't see it before. lol.

Also, WBID login working for anyone else right now? Still no go for me.
I just waited a few minutes. Get your handheld, make some food, take a shit or read a book, it should resolve itself.

Fucking
Bane
fight was really frustrating for me. I quite enjoyed the
Copperhead
one, but whenever
Bane entered the Venom mode, it was next to impossible to dodge his charges and none of the gadgets seemed to affect him. I basically had to wait for him to miss 3 times, do his shockwave attack, and then INSTANTLY start a triple stun to be able to land a beatdown. It's easier when the shock gloves are available, but that charge is just fucking stupid.
Just dodge at the last moment. And yes, you have to wait until he made his shockwave and then stun him. I didn't even try to use any gadgets with him (besides shock gloves of course).

justjim89

Steam is acting odd with this game. My screenshots, achievements, and hours played don't show up in the community section or on my profile, but they do in my library. Dafuq?

Got the gameplay running really smooth, cutscenes still suck. I guess I'll watch them on Youtube. Damn it all to hell.

Any way to skip all the splash screens at the beginning?

Two ways...delete these

SinglePlayer\BMGame\Movies\bac_logo.usm
SinglePlayer\BMGame\Movies\bac_logo_fra_PC.usm
SinglePlayer\BMGame\Movies\bac_logo_mp.usm
SinglePlayer\BMGame\Movies\bac_logo_PC.usm

or add this to the executable...

-nostartupmovies

TentPole

Jesus Christ at the PC bugs. I keep getting stuck in the fast travel custscene and am forced to close the game. The worse part is that other than all of this shit I am really enjoying it.

Zukuu

Banned
so besides the one tower thing, any other big bugs worth noting?

I have a bug that makes increasing Shadow Vigilante rank impossible. I cleared rank 3 but didn't get the skill for it (free flow focus) making a progress impossible since you need to use that for rank 4. It also makes the game harder and prevents me to get any challenges done, since it's pretty much required to increase multiplier scores. :X

Are there any pics of the collector's edition Joker statue floating around? I want to see what it legitimately looks like, and how big it is.

Here you go! Just for you.

QUjvBB1l.jpg
NOqhPIBl.jpg

7FnAqO3l.jpg
BvCiH87l.jpg

tim1138

Downloading the Deathstroke stuff as we speak, all of the other day 1 DLC (including the season pass) is up in the eShop. Hooray for platform parity!

Alright guys, I'm getting an immense shit ton of technical issues with this game. PS3, PAL. The sound cuts out almost constantly, framerate is abomnible, maybe 15fps when gliding, and I had an incredibly awkward ten minutes or so where the game slowed down to a crawl and chugged along like a flick-book until I escaped the open world. Is this just me? Enjoying the game, but technically it's a fucking travesty.

Any idea how to connect your WBID to the Wii U version of the game to get the costume? I swear I searched everywhere and saw no WBID login thing.

To add I've put a bunch of hours into the Wii U version now and I haven't run into any framerate hiccups or anything of that sort. I just really miss the touch screen add on's from AC.

L00P

The combat is kinda throwing me off right now because I'm used to the timing and rhythm in Arkham City, which I was playing just before I started this up. Enemies seem to be more aggressive and attack sooner after hitting/countering one guy. Maybe playing in hard mode is a factor

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A lot of people seem to be raving about the story. Plus, someone in the review thread claimed the second half was more AA-like. Very tempted.

It is worth it for the story alone. The main story is great so far and the sidequests have great stories as well, the new detective stuff really adds a lot of storytelling to what would normally be a dull sidequest.

The gameplay is almost tighter than AC, a small annoyance with the ground takedown not always executing but other than that it's amazingly good. Be aware there are a few bugs in the steam version if you're going to go that route. Nothing worse than we've seen in Skyrim though.

Frankly, this is probably the most fun I've had with a game this year. It absolutely blows all the other AAA titles out of the water. It deserves a lot more hype than it has been getting.

WB Montreal has outdone themselves here. I did not expect it to be this good.

Alright guys, I'm getting an immense shit ton of technical issues with this game. PS3, PAL. The sound cuts out almost constantly, framerate is abomnible, maybe 15fps when gliding, and I had an incredibly awkward ten minutes or so where the game slowed down to a crawl and chugged along like a flick-book until I escaped the open world. Is this just me? Enjoying the game, but technically it's a fucking travesty.

The Steam version has a few bugs, but really nothing like you've described.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, is the blocked radio tower a game stopper? Or you just can't unlock that fast travel point?

Kind of a crazy bug to get by QA...

I had a game stopper I posted about earlier in the thread. Got in a situation where I had no objective waypoint and no way to proceed. Luckily it was only 2 hours in, so restarting wasn't that painful.

TentPole

It sounds like you downloaded the bad PS3 patch that messed the game up. Try looking for a 50mb file in your game data folder. People have said that deleting that helps.

not that familiar with batman lore, but is there really no other big rival man outside of joker?

it is starting to get a bit tedious to have joker as the baddie baddie of every arkham game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It is worth it for the story alone. The main story is great so far and the sidequests have great stories as well, the new detective stuff really adds a lot of storytelling to what would normally be a dull sidequest.

The gameplay is almost tighter than AC, a small annoyance with the ground takedown not always executing but other than that it's amazingly good. Be aware there are a few bugs in the steam version if you're going to go that route. Nothing worse than we've seen in Skyrim though.

Frankly, this is probably the most fun I've had with a game this year. It absolutely blows all the other AAA titles out of the water. It deserves a lot more hype than it has been getting.

I agree. It's overall way more solid than AC, and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I can't believe that this game is getting reviewed so badly. They took AC, polished it up, and delivered a complete product with a great story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, is the blocked radio tower a game stopper? Or you just can't unlock that fast travel point?

Kind of a crazy bug to get by QA...

I had a game stopper I posted about earlier in the thread. Got in a situation where I had no objective waypoint and no way to proceed. Luckily it was only 2 hours in, so restarting wasn't that painful.

It just means you can't unlock that fast travel point. I dunno what it means for the Riddler mission yet though. I really am shocked it got past QA as well. Hopefully a patch is coming.

not that familiar with batman lore, but is there really no other big rival man outside of joker?

it is starting to get a bit tedious to have joker as the baddie baddie of every arkham game.

There are a few newer main rivals out there. For example there's the Court of Owls, which is extremely new but would translate very well into a game. It's just none are as recognizable.

I agree. It's overall way more solid than AC, and I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I can't believe that this game is getting reviewed so badly. They took AC, polished it up, and delivered a complete product with a great story.

I think part of it might be the bugs, I haven't seen many yet but they are there. Then again Skyrim had similar problems and got 9's and 10's.

Frankly this is one of the few AAA games I've played that justified the pricetag.

It sounds like you downloaded the bad PS3 patch that messed the game up. Try looking for a 50mb file in your game data folder. People have said that deleting that helps.

What patch is it?

I found out what patch it is. It's patch 1.01. Patch 1.02 on the other hand, should fix the framerate.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

The Steam version has a few bugs, but really nothing like you've described.

Okay, you convinced me, getting the ps3 version tomorrow.

It just means you can't unlock that fast travel point. I dunno what it means for the Riddler mission yet though. I really am shocked it got past QA as well. Hopefully a patch is coming.

There are a few newer main rivals out there. For example there's the Court of Owls, which is extremely new but would translate very well into a game. It's just none are as recognizable.

well you have him as the main baddie in the first game, but now that arkham is an establish franchise, they still have to wrap joker around everywhere.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well you have him as the main baddie in the first game, but now that arkham is an establish franchise, they still have to wrap joker around everywhere.

They could try other baddies. People are right that not everything needs to be Joker, I understand why they do it, but there are a lot of other interesting villains out there that could take on the role of big bad.

So for people who preffered AA to AC (like me), this is still worth it to pick up for the apparently superior story/presentation? If this is a more focused experience than AC, then I'm suddenly more hyped again. Might pick it up this weekend...

The sidequest stuff seems more to rolled out at a slower pace than AC. I know a lot of people complained that you get bombarded with so many sidequests in AC all at once that it hurt focus. AO seems to have slots for tons of side content but, several hours into the game, only two of them have activated.

Chariot

Well, he is certainly the most iconic. But I agree that he is a bit overused.
Bane and Deathstroke are villains that can go toe on toe with the dark knight if the writers allows them. Usually they reduce Bane on his muscles and venom, but he is quite intelligent and sane (by Gotham standards, that is).
And Deathstroke is a super soldiers, who is one of few people who are physically stronger than batman. And in cointrast to for example Croc and Grundy he is not only strong, but have proper training and experience as mercenary. Well, but as such Deathstroke would never be the main villain, when the enemy isn't the Teen Titans.
Ras Al Ghul is another potential villain who could go toe on toe with Batman, but he usually want to recruit bruce and as such not killing and/or underestimating him. And/or Thalia helping Batman against Ras. It seems to be always the same story with him :(

The best enemy I could think of would be Lex Luthor.

AHA-Lambda

Can anyone help with finding the penguin arms cache on the ship? Can't find it even though I'm there on the map.

Is this another glitch???

DagsJT

Am I being stupid or is there some bug stopping me from deactivating the jamming signal in the Bowery? I've already hacked the console, circled around the building but it still seems to be pointing into that room with the console and nothing else to do?

So the bosses aren't pushovers? Were the pre-release dev comments about using the freeze fight as inspiration legitimate?

So far, none of them are like the Freeze fight in the sense that you don't engage them like you would a predator room. They are more like the Ra's and Grundy fights: several stages of direct combat, often with a bunch of adds.

Well, he is certainly the most iconic. But I agree that he is a bit overused.
Bane and Deathstroke are villains that can go toe on toe with the dark knight if the writers allows them. Usually they reduce Bane on his muscles and venom, but he is quite intelligent and sane (by Gotham standards, that is).
And Deathstroke is a super soldiers, who is one of few people who are physically stronger than batman. And in cointrast to for example Croc and Grundy he is not only strong, but have proper training and experience as mercenary. Well, but as such Deathstroke would never be the main villain, when the enemy isn't the Teen Titans.
Ras Al Ghul is another potential villain who could go toe on toe with Batman, but he usually want to recruit bruce and as such not killing and/or underestimating him. And/or Thalia helping Batman against Ras. It seems to be always the same story with him :(

The best enemy I could think of would be Lex Luthor.

The Bane portrayal is much better in this game. He's in between the musclebound monster from the previous Arkham games and the full on mercenary from TDKR, and it captures a good tone. Only problem is, as with a number of other things, it doesn't quite add up in the context of this game as a prequel to the others.

That Deathstroke fight was one of the most fun boss fights I have had in years, now bring on Slade for his own game! Make him voiced by Manu Bennett.

Top Bottom