• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Hush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read it all...

Wow, really good stuff

The ending had me shocked...

I think I've underestimated Batman all these years

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
And it's got Jim Lee/Scott Williams doing the art. :) Jeff Loeb is the writer. Worth looking into even if you don't read Batman comics; there's nothing you need to know about past issues when you read this story; it's all self-contained and done very well in that regard. You get appearances from Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Killer Kroc, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Superman, and more.

I guess you could say I'm a big Hush fan. Bought both of the hardcover graphic novels and am working on getting most of the toys...DC is doing a Hush action figure line and IIRC Series 3 is about to come out.

BuddyC

Actually, I've changed my mind. I'm now awaiting Willco's arrival in this thread. But to explain my previous post...

nomoment said:
Jeph Loeb's "Hush" did fail miserably, but it wasn't garbage. It was resoundingly... average. I wouldn't recommend the run to anybody, but it was by no means terrible. It was kind of like Batman Forever-ish, you know? Too "blah" for anyone to admit it's good, but not bad enough for anyone to say it's terrible.

And to explain this post, and give you a source for that quote, I direct you to http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12589

BuddyC

I'm just saying, I'm expecting some humor.

Hopefully.

But to get back on track, I didn't think that Hush was that bad. It certainly wasn't the best Batman comic I've read, but it was entertaining. And Catwoman rocked. Plus it was better than War Games, regardless of the "Well, that's kinda interesting" repurcussions that one sent across Gotham.

bjork

I think there's softcovers out... I know there's two hardbacks, as I own those, but I only recall seeing the green one in a softcover.

Dujour

Banned
I really love Loeb's storytelling and liked what was going on with Bats and Selina, but the ending kinda irked me. I liked it at first, it had too many twists for its own good. I think Dark Victory and The Long Halloween were better story-wise. I guess I just have a thing for that noir setting. The figures rock beyond belief. The Superman figure's slightly nicer than Bats' because they go some anatomy wrong on his leg. Harley's my favorite one, though. I

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
It would've been so much better if
the Jason Todd fake-out was real and he was the new addition to the Rogues Gallery
. As such, it was pretty, but hollow like the rest of Loeb's work.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Hush is making another move against Bruce in... I think the Batman Gotham Knights book? And they've already dropped a bombshell in the first part of this new storyline... We thought we knew who Hush was... now though....

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DarienA said:
Hush is making another move against Bruce in... I think the Batman Gotham Knights book? And they've already dropped a bombshell in the first part of this new storyline... We thought we knew who Hush was... now though....

Wait...WHAT? They're already making it so that Hush isn't who he was revealed to be in the Hush storyline? That doesn't make much sense with some of the events that happened, unless
Tommy
was also working for him?

I don't know if I like that.
Hush should stay dead. Keep the story self-contained. And yeah, I was also hoping Jason Todd was back; it would have been really cool if he was Hush and became a major new villain, not just for Batman, but Robin and Nightwing too.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
We briefly see that Hush has someone tied up... and it looks to be Tommy. Alfred sees it as well(Hush had Alfred kidnapped), but during the escape there is an explosion and while Alfred is recovering in the Hospital he knows he saw something important to Bruce but can't remember what it was...

Shinobi

Anyone got any recommendations for the best Batman stories/miniseries/arc's/graphic novels/etc? I'm gonna hit a comic store on Friday and might pick a few of them up, if they've got any on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom