• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Brave And The Bold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotanibor

Scarecrow said:
Months ago, when I learned of the existence of both this series and the Anime batman miniseries, I was more excited for the anime version. Having seen both, I'm surprised just how good Brave and Bold is... way better than the Batmanime. I can't wait for more.

Wow I had actually already forgotten about the Batman Anime. Based on the first episode of this show, it shits all over the Batman Anime.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My son and I are very much enjoying it so far. Last night's episode was fun and had a nice and tidy Plastic Man origin thrown in to boot. The style is dope imo--like 60's Bats but still modern with the mix of CG and the gadgets Bats keeps pulling out of everywhere. Loved the reference to his Tibetan training last night.

Splatt

I watched the first episode a few days ago and it's.... suprisingly good. I was one of the people who didn't like the direction they were taking with Batman, but as I said, it was suprisingly good and most importan of all, it was fun.

Penguin

This is a really fun show.
I mean where else will you get Batmonkey. A gorilla riding a dinosaur with a harpoon gun. A hero firing stolen money at the enemy.

Its no TAS, but thus far I'm loving it for different reason.:D

3495j12.jpg

neight

Banned
I'm not a big fan of camp Batman but at least this couldn't possibly be worse than The Batman because this show isn't taking itself seriously at all.

It's funny how when people would defend The Batman and someone brings up Batman:TAS the defenders would deem the two shows not comparable because they knew The Batman was crap by comparison(although in this case I do agree it's incomparable).

Penguin

maximum360 said:
Interesting use of my icon.

This week episode stars Aquaman, who has great potential on a show like this, but the week after looks more interesting.

Episode #04 - Invasion of the Secret Santas!
Original Airdate - December 12th, 2008
Batman and Red Tornado fight to stop Fun Haus' Yuletide crime spree.

Got a chance to watch the first episode yesterday. I liked it, especially the irreverent humor like when Blue Beetle is asked, "Does this sort of thing happen a lot?" and he remembers the cat thing. I actually lol'ed at the cat attacking him. I'll be watching the second episode tomorrow.

Sanjuro

Watch it at the proper time in crappy low def thanks to Comcast not giving me the HD cartoons.

Watch it 12 hours later in HD from the rip.

O_O . There's just too many questions!

Guzim

I just finished watching the episode with Aquaman. It was really funny. I loved that they embraced how lame Aquaman really is.

Epcott

I'm all for retro style animation,
But for some reason, the style here seems forced, like something Genndy Tartakovsky or Craig McCraken would do... and CN has an over abundance of that style as is.

But I'll hold judgment until I see an actual episode.

Penguin

Guzim said:
I just finished watching the episode with Aquaman. It was really funny. I loved that they embraced how lame Aquaman really is.

I just started the episode, but the fact that Batman is doing magic
"Look nothing up my sleeve..."
is killing me. :lol

Awesome, they are going with a different interpretation of Aquaman. He's full of himself. :lol

8bit

Knows the Score
More cocksure, hardwater weapon aquaman please! That is the best treatment of the character I've seen in ages. Give him the watery arm and he would be perfect.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hmm, not sure I like the wacky route they're going with this. The art style isn't great but imo it's a step up from The Batman (blech). Also, Fire looks hawt.

Penguin

8bit said:
More cocksure, hardwater weapon aquaman please! That is the best treatment of the character I've seen in ages. Give him the watery arm and he would be perfect.

I was wondering if creating water based projectiles and weapons was a normal power for him. :lol

Zoltrix

According to Wikipedia he has never had the ability to manipulate water like that in the comics, but apparently in a few TV shows they've given it to him.

How can anyone hate this show? It's the best attempt at making a funny Batman since....ever? The hell with grim and moody Bats, I love this show and their use of B-list superheroes.

neight

Banned
I am loving this show so much. It's awesome that they're not even trying to take themselves seriously and doing it so well. I'm going to track down the 1970s(or 60s?) Batman cartoon because I have a feeling I'd appreciate The Brave and the Bold more if I did that.

Prine

Banned
Ninja99 said:
This is what I came to post. Unless the writing is superb, BatB is a big pass for me.

Hahe i think so too. The art is horrible and totally discredits the Batman tone im used to. Through Nolans vision and the old Batman cartoons by WB.

Looks like a step back to playschool Batman

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Prine said:
Hahe i think so too. The art is horrible and totally discredits the Batman tone im used to. Through Nolans vision and the old Batman cartoons by WB.

Looks like a step back to playschool Batman

Ouch, way to miss the point of Batman dude. I've been reading Batman comics now for close to 20 years and one of the best things about the character is how he can take multiple interpretations the most easily out of almost any character I can think of. There is plenty of room in the world for grim'n'gritty and cartoon fun. To be honest I sick to the gills of grim'n'gritty for the sake of it - break out the sci-fi closet, Bats!!

Penguin

I love grumpy, angry and prep ready Batman as much as the next guy, but this show is a nice return to form for the old Caped Crusader, and they are doing it without the aid of Robin.

I mean I could never imagine Nolanman nor Timmman to play a game with Green Arrow about how many villains they took out nor would I imagine him openly accepting magic.

Jedeye Sniv said:
Ouch, way to miss the point of Batman dude. I've been reading Batman comics now for close to 20 years and one of the best things about the character is how he can take multiple interpretations the most easily out of almost any character I can think of. There is plenty of room in the world for grim'n'gritty and cartoon fun. To be honest I sick to the gills of grim'n'gritty for the sake of it - break out the sci-fi closet, Bats!!

At what point does batman cease to be Batman? BatB is Batman in that he looks like Batman. Thats it. I'm all for different interpretations but I can see how alot of Batman fans will not enjoy this vision.

Zoltrix

Teh Hamburglar said:
I finally caught the show today. What an awful show. Wasn't even funny or interesting to me. I miss JLU :(

They gotta bring that back.

Anyway, I really liked the match-up in this episode. GA is awesome :)

Penguin

This thread died...

Was out of town for two weeks so finally found some time to catch up on the two episodes I missed.
Enter the Outsiders.. was okay. I thought Black Cat whined a bit too much in the episode, but eh.
Now the Deadman episode was friggin awesome. Not to give too much away, but Batman spends the majority of the episode dead... and when you learn a Tibet ritual to astral project your body.... well you know its good stuff.

Chojin

Diedrich Bader as Batman and Will Friedle as Blue Beeter = Instant win.

Show is great, its someting i can watch with my 9 year old nephew and enough in-jokes for a "sophisticated" adult like me.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Penguin said:
This thread died...

Was out of town for two weeks so finally found some time to catch up on the two episodes I missed.
Enter the Outsiders.. was okay. I thought Black Cat whined a bit too much in the episode, but eh.
Now the Deadman episode was friggin awesome. Not to give too much away, but Batman spends the majority of the episode dead... and when you learn a Tibet ritual to astral project your body.... well you know its good stuff.

You mean Wildcat? This is the only bit of that I watched, and I was cringing at how stupid they made him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom