• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaveric

I have no hope for this movie. The DC movies are being rushed in an attempt to catch up with Marvel, but I think it's coming out poorly.

I saw Man of Steel the other day and the entire movie screamed to me that it was in a race to equalize the playing field between its DC universe and Marvel. I didn't enjoy the movie and I thought it was rushed and poor.

I don't know. I don't have any hope for any DC movies in the foreseeable future, especially Superman vs Batman.

I could see this argument being made for this upcoming movie, but Man of Steel was far from rushed. But even now, we know they've gone back and done a massive rewrite of Batman v Superman to make it better, pushing back the production schedule and release date to accommodate the new story.

y2dvd

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=95802
1379540_530531963734703_1597459437_n.jpg

Fake ?

Though it doesn't make sense to have white eyes, this looks absolutely amazing.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Though it doesn't make sense to have white eyes, this looks absolutely amazing.

white contacts to make sure no one can even use eye colour to track the identity back to Bruce Wayne? Maybe some special Waynetech lenses that don't hinder his sight?

White eyes in live action seem like they won't work. Like at all.

I'll be surprised if this suit matches up to the Arkham Knight suit, that suit is pretty awesome.

XAL

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/362/9/f/there_was_a_joke_here___i_killed_it__by_nebezial-d6zs4ht.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
[quote="AdrianWerner, post: 103777556"]WW taking on Superman was always ridiculous idea, no matter how bulked up she is or not.[/QUOTE]
love nebez
[IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/344/1/3/doesn_t_matter__had_snu_snu_by_nebezial-d6xfj86.jpg

MisterHero

Anything makes more sense than wearing underwear on the outside.
Circus strongmen where underwear on the outside. Superman is a strong man acting in movies and cartoons for the delights of children and manchildren who try to be cool but are not.

It's also supposed to go under his civilian clothes. Man of Steel couldn't even explain how his new costume works.

Wiktor

Circus strongmen where underwear on the outside. Superman is a strong man acting in movies and cartoons for the delights of children and manchildren who try to be cool but are not.

This would make sense if Man of Steel was supposed to be a cheap cartoon made for kids ages 4 and up, not a live action summer blockbuster with PG-13

.GqueB.

Banned
I have no hope for this movie. The DC movies are being rushed in an attempt to catch up with Marvel, but I think it's coming out poorly.

I saw Man of Steel the other day and the entire movie screamed to me that it was in a race to equalize the playing field between its DC universe and Marvel. I didn't enjoy the movie and I thought it was rushed and poor.

I don't know. I don't have any hope for any DC movies in the foreseeable future, especially Superman vs Batman.

Everything you're saying is either exaggerated or just plain wrong. I feel like I've had this conversation before and it's making me think that many people have created this narrative in their heads about DC films.

This movie is a ways off for one which makes the whole "rushing" thing nonsense. And the only real hint at a larger world we got in MoS was the Lexcorp truck that got thrown at supes and even that's a bit of a reach.

They're moving rather slowly if ya ask me.

Why would a vigilante whose whole thing is being stealthy and unseen wear anything but black and maybe dark grey? Hell, even the comics have largely ditched the blue.

I'd give it almost no chance.
Isn't urban camouflage usually shades of blue? But yes, I doubt they'll go with blue.

I always wondered why they never did that with Batman's eyes, it looks pretty good to me. Now I'm hoping for the white eyes to be there.

y2dvd

white contacts to make sure no one can even use eye colour to track the identity back to Bruce Wayne? Maybe some special Waynetech lenses that don't hinder his sight?

I don't care what the excuse is. Just gimme them white eyes! I think a high tech visor is an easy excuse. As long as it doesn't look like TDK sonar eyes thingy.

Sephzilla

Everything you're saying is either exaggerated or just plain wrong. I feel like I've had this conversation before and it's making me think that many people have created this narrative in their heads about DC films.

This movie is a ways off for one which makes the whole "rushing" thing nonsense. And the only real hint at a larger world we got in MoS was the Lexcorp truck that got thrown at supes and even that's a bit of a reach.

They're moving rather slowly if ya ask me.

DC already tried to rush out one Justice League movie that fell apart. Now they're going straight from a solo Superman movie to pretty much a Justice League placebo. I still have hope for B/S, but WB is totally trying to get to Justice League as quick as they can while Avengermania runs wild.

.GqueB.

Banned
DC already tried to rush out one Justice League movie that fell apart. Now they're going straight from a solo Superman movie to pretty much a Justice League placebo. I still have hope for B/S, but WB is totally trying to get to Justice League as quick as they can while Avengermania runs wild.

I disagree. As "quickly as they can" means they'd be trying to do it within the next few years. At the pace they're going, a JL movie won't be out until 2018. FOUR YEARS away. And that's not even guaranteed.

And even if they ARE trying to get it out as fast as they can, would you blame them? I'm just not sure what standalone movies people want to see. We've seen Superman and Batmans' story is pretty known at this point. What standalone movies are people clamoring for here? And to be honest, if they went the same route as Marvel (the slow burn) people would be giving them shit for copying. They're going down their own path and I'm curious to see how it shakes out. I'd rather be dumped right in the middle personally. Just get to it.

They'd look too lifeless. It's why spidermans eyes have always looked a little off in the movies. You can't move them and they just sort of sit there.

What? Mind explaining what you mean by this? Couldn't you just use white contacts?
With a static cowl (which is almost guaranteed) you just won't get any expession from them if they went TDK or Daredevil style.
contacts would give some but with the typical mask design it would still be hard to emote properly.

So you end up with Batman having very few expessions.

Sephzilla

I'm not expecting or anticipating it happening, but I'd really like to see someone take a hero who has "white eyes" and just CG the eyes in order to allow them to animate or emote like they do in the comics. Preferably with Spidey since he tends to have the most 'emotive' white eyes.

.GqueB.

Banned
Not a problem for Spider-Man or Iron Man or Darth Vader. Also, opaque lenses would allow Batman to use nightvision, infrared, etc.

Kind of was for me. Whenever Spiderman talks, he looks like a mime. Ironman is a bad example because they show his face constantly. Darth Vader was imposing for reasons that had nothing to do with how his face looked.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
With a static cowl (which is almost guaranteed) you just won't get any expession from them if they went TDK or Daredevil style.
contacts would give some but with the typical mask design it would still be hard to emote properly.

Yep. The only way they'll use the white lenses, they'd have to dramatically rethink the cowl so it can move with the actor. It'd be an interesting problem to tackle using practical effects.... or they' just cg the entire thing.

I don't think that's a problem for Batman, in fact, easily seeing his emotions feels a bit wrong for this character.

Yep. The only way they'll use the white lenses, they'd have to dramatically rethink the cowl so it can move with the actor. It'd be an interesting problem to tackle using practical effects.... or they' just cg the entire thing.

thinking more about it while looking at past cowls, what they could do is give him retractable lenses.
In combat, darkness etc the cowl would have them activated and glowing(pure white not like TDK's) otherwise they don't appear.

If they have a more neutral cowl than Begins and TDK's(almost nothing you can do with those)
They could have presculpted inserts that bridge the eye holes, yet are sculpted to look like the regular eye area.
Have one sculpted for a regular look, one a scowl, and whatever else the story calls for.

inm8num2

Strangely enough, I'm more curious about the WW costume than I am about the Batman one. For Batman we at least have a sense of what it will be like. WW is a toss-up at this point.

Is it possible Diana isn't even IN costume for this movie? She's just Diana? I've slacked on keeping up with this movie and forgotten a ton of shit.

.GqueB.

Banned
How many does he need? How many emotions/reactions can't also be conveyed through body-language and/or dialog?

seeing the actors' eyes is a thing that gets brought up as being important when it really isn't in a lot of superhero situations.

Batman has very little body language (typically). I think you're downplaying the importance of eyes. Spiderman always looks like a blank slate because his mask can't emote.

y2dvd

It's not like Batman ever emotes much in the movies anyways. The mask is already carved to give a scowl at all times. Eyes aren't gonna add that much more. It'll be all on the voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom