• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Yeah, I had Ty Law winning. DNA was decent. Ty's punches were way more creative, the e honda and flintstones six feet under bars were dope lol.

Yo all the cohosts and indtroductions to this battle are shady as fuck. lmao maybe they all cant look directly into the camera because of that bright light.

mileS

another Ty Law battle? fuck yeah!

-that 'treat it like the 3 point line' shit was crazy. Ty was slow starting off but hes cookin now.
-Tekken lines never get old for me. Love that shit lol.

Damn, this was surprisingly good.

DNA in that first round was the best DNA we've seen in a minute.

2-0 Ty Law. Mad quotables but he also had some flat stuff.
Yup

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Charlie Clips & JJDD vs. Big T & Th3 Saga

Still watching, and I'm not the biggest fan of 2-on-2s
especially with URL video lengths
, but Clips and JJDD are kind of funny and work together surprisingly well. OD masturbation jokes.

I'm about to go on a random X-Factor binge. I've only seen his battles with Clips and Surf.
Check out X-Factor vs. Tech 9 in addition to everything everyone else mentioned. That battle is kind of weird, but it's funny in it's own way. I think X-Factor vs. DNA is worth a watch too.

Battle kinda fell apart by the 3rd. Especially on Big T and Saga's end. That "in their vagina's?" shit was embarrassing.

Still overall a dope battle with a lot of strong moments. Charlie & JJ had good chemistry. Big T and Saga (mostly Big T) had individually strong moments but couldn't seem to get too comfortably into a strong team dynamic. Their little "But I rap about guns" "But I DONT rap about guns" narrative was all over the place. Big T was tryna convince Saga to rap about violence, Saga seemed against it but then did anyway; but also protested afterward.

You could possibly make an argument for the 1st round being debatable but I think Charlie and JJDD got every round comfortably.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I enjoyed Magic in Money Bagz vs. Magic. Still would give it 3-0 to Money Bagz.

B Magic should have retired after the Ty Law battle if he was gonna retire TBH. His last great, solid performance, and it was the last battle in Blackstar at that, so it's one for the history books. He's one of the most notorious chokers in battle rap but unlike Clips, dude can still be entertaining in his poor performances.

I've two of these bitches in the club, for Ty' dollas
I'll get to poppin' law like my white father

Saga and Big T were boring to me. Their chemistry was kind of interesting but I wasn't feeling their material at all. Saga is so damn boring, geez. JJ and Clips were at least more fun with some ok bars, schemes, and such.

mileS

that Hillary Duff / da feet line was the best da feet line ever. The only way to bring that back is make the worst possible one ever and Carter somehow managed to do that. Amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, Reed went in. Can't believe I'm saying this, but dude actually managed to modernize his style incredibly well in this battle. He's at a happy medium between being the iconic Reed we all remember and fitting modern battle rap.

Pretty clear 3-0 for Reed IMO. IDK what the hell Chess was going for at times; wasn't wack but he's had much better performances. Loved that line about going to wherever Reed parked at tho, probably my favourite line of the battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guntitles' first round is insane. Unfinished Business 1 was one of the best URL cards, I wonder what they have in store for #2. Really, really don't like them re-doing these 2-on-2 battles though, it's hinging on a problem at this point and K-Shine needs some sort of consequences for his actions, dude can't keep his shit together.

Chedda Cheese vs. Carter Deems is an absolute riot. Might be Deems' second best performance after him vs. Isaac Knox.

Weird matchup, but despite Magic's petering performance recently, I still give him the edge if he doesn't choke since Iron's flow can't compete with Magic's and that's probably Iron's best trait. 2-1 Magic IMO.

Iron vs B Magic is such a weird match. I have the slight inclination that this might be one of those moments where a battle looks weird on paper but actually comes out as a classic. On some "it's so crazy it just might work" shit. IDK tho.

Just watched Thesaurus vs Daylyt off B2B4, that shit's a classic. Very debatable comes down to the 2nd round imo. Saurus got the 1st Day got the 3rd. Both were consistently nice throughout.

Daylyt battle from 04. Savage from way back. All these lines wouldn't just be relevant today, they would fucking kill.

Iron vs B Magic is such a weird match. I have the slight inclination that this might be one of those moments where a battle looks weird on paper but actually comes out as a classic. On some "it's so crazy it just might work" shit. IDK tho.

Just watched Thesaurus vs Daylyt off B2B4, that shit's a classic. Very debatable comes down to the 2nd round imo. Saurus got the 1st Day got the 3rd. Both were consistently nice throughout.

Daylyt battle from 04. Savage from way back. All these lines wouldn't just be relevant today, they would fucking kill.
^ Just watched. Hell yeah, Day's 2nd was fire! Thesaurus was REALLY on point with his material, I might've had him winning the 1st and 3rd.

E Ness VS. Steams

https://youtu.be/5_s5uNLgph8

This is alright, I don't like either one of them. But Steams had some good lines and Ness had good energy, it was decent to watch.

Cortez VS. Charron

https://youtu.be/AGpyBX-VwF4

I'm not gonna post Clips VS. Big Kannon. BK was ok but Clips should be ashamed, shit was awful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Next URL West PG card:

Emerson Kennedy vs. Young Kannon (One-Off)
Profecy vs. HA Double (One-Off)
Stuey Newton vs. Dre Vishiss
Truth vs. Poetik Genius
Yak Da Rippa vs. Yung Griz
AK vs. Shi Dog
XP vs. Patron
Miggi vs. J-Ty
TK vs. One C-Slim

WTF at all of these names?

Few things:

MASSacre 2 is looking legit. I'm still mostly there for Hollow but I'm always down for another Magic performance.

E-Ness vs. Steams was weird. Not a great battle, but not a bad one either. Agree with Ninja's thoughts.

NYB vs. STL was interesting, both returns were kind of overhyped a bit but man, that was Icepack indeed. Not so much from Math, but from Ill I really got the old Smack/Street Status feel. Ill really is one of those dudes who can't be replaced, and the JC comparisons are looking super super silly in retrospect.

Fettucine20 vs. Presidential Dubz was underwhelming. Prezzy had more energy than usual but was pure gas, whereas Fettucine20 was worse than usual.

Yeah battle rapper names seem to be getting more and more awful. I watched Soul VS. Raptor for the DF title. Great battle and it felt like a real title match, it had everything. Best Soul has been in a really long time. Raptor did really well but had some performance issues, he basically choked a few times during the one battle he really shouldn't have.

I can't tell you how much I hate Presidential Dubz, i've seen three of his battles. I got ten minutes into that battle and gave up. Don't get me started on the other guy.

I also saw Nunn Nunn VS. Bonus. Ok battle, gave it to Nunn Nunn, Bonus is too basic and inconsistent. For his style he is going to have to step his writing up to stand out. Better than Dre Dennis though >_>

mileS

When the quote on the ad is so good it looks like a meme.
Chjz0L6UkAAszs8.jpg

Shit we watching that tonight

I'm here for magic wearing shades indoors lmao
oh yeah lol im hyped

I think I got TTop and Brizz 2-1...maybe edging every round...I kept wanting to give a round to Chilla/Magic, they had the bars but I felt like they got out-performed everytime. Not sure. Very entertaining though, will watch again! Everyone's chemistry was on point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Might edge every round to Top and Brizz, but the 3rd was underwhelming for both of them. I can give first two clearly to Top and Brizz. The energy was unreal.

The crowd for this event in general is insufferable TBH.

Might edge every round to Top and Brizz, but the 3rd was underwhelming for both of them. I can give first two clearly to Top and Brizz. The energy was unreal.

The crowd for this event in general is insufferable TBH.
Yeah, especially when Chilla stumbled. But when are they not terrible?

We gotta get everybody together and do this again lol

Lets schedule something for next time!

And Ness Lee VS. Thesaurus is hyyyyype!

Top Bottom