• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

I got Marv/Quest 3-0. There's just nothing special about Steams imo had he drags the team down. Also wasn't feeling their coordinated dance moves.

Some dope moments here but not enough for this to be replayable with the 30+ second crowd reactions after every punch. URL needs to start releasing crowd-less edits.

He put Chess on his back and spun him around....twice. A perfomance like that with meh bars. Nah. Quest and Marv swagged on them 3-0. Steams is wack. "The wackest niggas on the card" lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He put Chess on his back and spun him around....twice. A perfomance like that with meh bars. Nah. Quest and Marv swagged on them 3-0. Steams is wack. "The wackest niggas on the card" lol
Yeah seeing the URL crowd react to that non-bar at the start of Chess and Steams' first round was.. confusing. The reaction was so disproportionate for the material both brought too, it was unreal.

Double Impact had the worst crowd I can think of.

Lol thats the most annoyed I've ever seen Organik get. Lmao oh my. That will make a good gif.

Good battle tho.

Good battle. Stream audio fucked up in Gjonaj's 1st; that combined with the mic issues in Danny's 3rd makes it hard to judge. Gonna have to wait for the final release to see if Avo can work some magic. They both had great material though.

mileS

Hard to tell if they are rushing things near the end here in fear or getting kicked out the venue or having it shut down... or they are just finally trying to make these events run a little faster. Haven't seen it rushed like this on KOTD before.

mileS

Bangz is garbage. Just as annoying as when hes screaming "get him a soda" and laughing like a weirdo in the backround.

Crowd isn't having any of this. Can't throw a battle like this in before the main event. Esp after ramping up with all those other good battles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
he had a bit of a point tho. If Hollow showed up in Toronto the crowd would be on his side just as much as Pat's. Minus the shitty drunk fans here and there.
Disagree 110%. In the same breath dude said Toronto sees Pat all the time. It's essentially a surrogate home battling-wise for him, ain't nobody tripping about his actual geographic home, and I have a hard time naming anyone in battle rap that gets the same kind of universal lee way and crowd love that Pat gets. I think Tay Roc has been booed more than him, and Tay Roc is from Baltimore too.

EDIT: Pat vs. Hollow starting now.

mileS

Disagree 110%. In the same breath dude said Toronto sees Pat all the time. It's essentially a surrogate home battling-wise for him, ain't nobody tripping about his actual geographic home, and I have a hard time naming anyone in battle rap that gets the same kind of universal lee way and crowd love that Pat gets. I think Tay Roc has been booed more than him, and Tay Roc is from Baltimore too.

EDIT: Pat vs. Hollow starting now.

but you can't deny the fact that Hollow would get nothing but love in Toronto.

mileS

There reporter/interview shit was super corny though. Can't give him the third for that imo. I missed bits and pieces of the battle as well so I can't call it. Missed Hollow's 2nd completely.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There reporter/interview shit was super corny though. Can't give him the third for that imo. I missed bits and pieces of the battle as well so I can't call it. Missed Hollow's 2nd completely.
That's fair. Didn't really like Pat's angle in the 3rd because all the stuff about BOTBUK kind of applies to him as well, unless I missed something.

I feel like people come at Hollow with really poor angles and it costs them. Hollow is consistent in his Ws but dude is far from unbeatable because he can be inconsistent in his rounds.

Moved over to a friends house to watch the last battle. His speakers were wet ass and the stream dropped during the 2nd round. Found an alt stream fairly quick but still couldn't hear enough of the material to really know who won. Waiting on that official release bootleg.

Caught some bootlegs.

Gjonaj/Danny Myers was great, sucks about those mic issues though.

Bigg K/Head Ice was craaaaaazy! Bigg K was just on fire, Showoff is gonna die in July.

Moneybagz/Pass well that was the first time i've seen Pass get bodied. Moneybagz is on a tear!

I'm watching Iron/Magic now.

Iron and Magic is a classic. Iron keeps getting better and Magic came focused for the first time in a while.

I watched Hollow vs Pat again and I got Hollow 2-1. 1st and 3rd. The 2nd is debatable, I need to see it again. I'm not gonna watch the battle any more until the official release, though.

Definitely, both performed so well! I'll start Hollow/Pat in a sec but....where is DNA/Bangz?! I have a feeling I might not get to see it otherwise lol

Hollow 4-0. Pat was cool though, his 3rd didn't hit with me.

mileS

If that was any other rapper with props like that ( the choose a sign, lame ass reporter shit that didn't even really hit that hard. crowd still gassed it tho) ya'll would be hating. Hollow gets a pass for way too many things sometimes lol

If that was any other rapper with props like that ( the choose a sign, lame ass reporter shit that didn't even really hit that hard. crowd still gassed it tho) ya'll would be hating. Hollow gets a pass for way too many things sometimes lol
I don't necessarily disagree with you lol. I will say I liked what Hollow brought as a whole and the level of variety he displayed versus Pat. Hey I laughed, and I understood what Pat was saying in his 3rd, I just didn't care lol.

mileS

I don't necessarily disagree with you lol. I will say I liked what Hollow brought as a whole and the level of variety he displayed versus Pat. Hey I laughed, and I understood what Pat was saying in his 3rd, I just didn't care lol.

Which is fine and in that case I see how you could in turn give the 3rd to Hollow.

Also B vs Iron was everything I wanted it to be. At first I was worried Magic wouldn't take it serious enough or he wouldn't throw in any personal direct lines at all, but he really surprised me and reminded me how insane dude can be when he's focused. Gotta strike while the Iron's hot, keep bookin matches. Iron is on fire coming back. Can't deny the occasional ultra corny bar from him here and there as always. Overall he is stepping up his game like crazy. Hard to come back after a break like he had.

Which is fine and in that case I see how you could in turn give the 3rd to Hollow.

Also B vs Iron was everything I wanted it to be. At first I was worried Magic wouldn't take it serious enough or he wouldn't throw in any personal direct lines at all, but he really surprised me and reminded me how insane dude can be when he's focused. Gotta strike while the Iron's hot, keep bookin matches. Iron is on fire coming back. Can't deny the occasional ultra corny bar from him here and there as always. Overall he is stepping up his game like crazy. Hard to come back after a break like he had.
Yeah, I expected it to be hype and I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in that battle. That was the best B Magic i've seen in a very long time, maybe even my favorite. A few personal shots, jokes, and just rapid hard punches. Everything connected and his performance was on point. Iron is just beasting with every battle. I loved the way he was punching in his first. I feel like he could take on anyone really.

Also....CAN ANYONE BEAT BIGG K (Illmac is an acceptable answer, aside from that though)!?

I think the reporter thing was an alright closer. I don't hate all props/antics just off of them being props/antics. Daylyt's Matrix antic is one of battle rap's finest moments. The reporter antic had two decently funny moments (still you lyin' and 1st rapper to get 4-0'd).

The sign shit was super minimal too. He could have basically done the same scheme just asking the audience without signs and they didn't add or subtract much to the point either way. A far cry from embarrassing antics like DNA controlling K-Shine with a dualshock.

ANALOG ANALOG SQUARE I THINK THE ENEMY'S COMING

I still got Thesaurus 2-1. Consistently great wordplay targeted at Day. I'm not big on Thesaurus but I was really feeling his material. He did touch Day's ball sweat hand though...so he did take an L.

I got TheSaurus 2-1. He brought some of the most clever Day nameflips and wordplay we've seen so far. Plus it was all tied into his rounds greater themes and he didn't sacrifice the rhyme schemes for any of it. It's really expert class writing. TheSaurus gets rds 1 & 2 and was the most consistently great overall.

Daylyt's 1st is a super mixed bag. There's a lot of the lazy writing Saurus accused Day of resorting to lately with some nice lines sprinked here and there. Day gets it back in the 2nd round with some good schemes and closes with a killer 3rd.

Really great battle. 2016 Top 10 contender for sure.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This was surprisingly entertaining. Ill 2-1 or 3-0. Heartless had some stuff but he's inconsistent Ill is too much.

Daylyt 2-1 IMO, but it's very close, preference battle IMO. Give the 2nd and 3rd to Day, even though Thesaurus had some of his most creative shit in his 2nd. Potentially 3-0 Daylyt because Thesaurus touched Daylyt's ball sweat hand in the first.

Top Bottom