• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^ Both good battles. Pass did okay but Money Bagz is a monster and always has been. He's one of those dudes other MCs actually run scared from.

Also:

Street Status: Yung Ill vs. Daylyt.

Didn't even know this went down, but wow, for all the buildup over years and years this battle delivered IMO.

Don't know how I missed it, but that was great! Daylyt has been pretty consistent lately and those were some solid rounds from ill.

Rone VS. Caustic for the chain at WD6. Yawn. Rone should win pretty easily imo though.

mileS

Thats going to be a garbage battle. They are pretty much good friends anyway. Some of the best Dirtbag Dan shows have been the ones without Dirt and just Causter, Skyler and Rone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all know how I feel about Caustic. But I'm even more puzzled why he is getting the shot over Head I.C.E. or Bigg K or Danny Myers. Those last two especially are some of KOTD's greatest treasures and have put in WAY more work and gotten more Ws.

Yeah, I'm possibly the last battle fan on earth who could plausibly be hyped for this battle and... shits doin nothing for me.

At this point I can think of matchups that make more sense for Rone, like some enzo listed. But I'm not going crazy for those either. Maybe Bigg K since it'd push him out of his comfort zone.

DF: Qleen Paper vs. Ty Law. God blessed me with this. Last minute battle but it's fire.

I'd give the battle to Ty Law overall for having more consistently good material. I guess he was supposed to battle Verb at this event? Canada Bars line was tight, Stevie Wonder bar was crazy too. Ty Law did lose steam toward the end though.

Qleen did well last minute and the "fuck you think im gonna shoot wit?" line was fucking fire. Probably the best bar of the battle. I do think his material was a bit simile heavy for a Qleen round. I always like the slick street lines/ sarcasm better from Qleen. QP and Qleen's cheering squad were out of control too lmao.

Overall that was an entertaining battle.

Saw Charlie Clips vs YK too and man YK is just cursed to be forever mid/bottom tier. He did alright for himself. The two cans pop different line was tight. But his presence is just not top level. The projection & emphasis isn't what it should be, his flow can get stale and he's basically looking at the floor the whole time. As soon as Clips really got into his shit the difference was night and day. Charlie even mixed up his structure; came with more than just 4 bar set-ups.

Another entertaining battle from start to finish.

I also caught Day vs Yung Ill and I'm getting less and less impressed with Daylyt's rambling bullshit so I might have it Young Ill 3-0. Ill really snapped too. Day definitely came with some material... in the 1st at least. But he's got so many reaches and nonsensically phrased bars.

Also when Day is forced out of his comfort zone of super dense Loaded Lux esque layered word play he raps like a total amateur, lately. As soon as he had to tell a story in the 3rd its all run on sentences with no flow and he's just barely rhyming. A poorly structured round in general and it's a shame because the concept was tight.

Young Ill was lighting it up, especially in the 3rd which was damning contrast. A lot of great simple, sharp, hard hitting lines. Ridiculous flow. A really animated performance as well. I wish the camera work had captured that a little better. I'd really like to see Ill against Bigg K after this battle. I think their styles would compliment each other well.

mileS

3-0 Young Ill? I can't give him any rounds for saying "you're like a ref with a belly shirt. u got half da stripes."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Daylyt explains his URL contract. Obviously take with a grain of salt but:
- 6 opponents over the next year
- All small rooms/PG battles, 3rd battle on a street corner
- First one is Mike P
- Others he wants include Ave, Chess, Rum Nitty, Th3 Saga, Steams

Clips vs. YK was entertaining. What's weird was that it was a better than average Clips in a battle he did for free and it was probably YK's biggest battle ever and he didn't bring it as well as he usually does.

3-0 Young Ill? I can't give him any rounds for saying "you're like a ref with a belly shirt. u got half da stripes."
As weird as it sounds, this is part of Yung Ill's style and charm. Hyper aggressive bars, back to back, ending with a cheesy/half serious line. PG dudes kind of took these corny lines and made entire styles out of it, unfortunately, but when it was used in moderation I thought it was fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Smack teases a return to TV.

Looks like Unfinished Business 2 was pretty fire. T-Top apparently dropped 30 on Math. T Top really is one of the few dudes I can comfortably say he's one of the few, new top tiers. His resume, consistency, and what he did on UFF speaks for itself.

Also, Born Legacy 3 card looks like it has some good match ups:

Prez Mafia vs Nunn Nunn
Mr. Wavy vs Yung Ill
Rum Nitty vs Ill Will
Swave Sevah vs Tink Da Demon
Chess vs Th3 Saga
B Magic vs. Ave

Apparently even more to be announced and it's a 2-day event? Wavy doesn't deserve Yung Ill TBH.

Saint Mic VS. A Ward.
https://youtu.be/zSTm0FqxMjA

"If your nanna had chemo you wouldn't shave grams"

Thats nothing, there is a lot of substance in this battle. This battle is crazy! I totally advise checking this out!
This was good. That 2nd round from A Ward especially was crazy. And he's seemingly more Christian than Saga lol

Yeah, it sounded like Brizz was amazing and Nitty boxed Clips. The RBE event sounded like it produced some really good battles too like QB/Official, Jimz/Serius Jones, and Bigg K/Showoff.

Bonnie/Charron at WD6. No. 1 Contender match, I think.

mileS

As weird as it sounds, this is part of Yung Ill's style and charm. Hyper aggressive bars, back to back, ending with a cheesy/half serious line. PG dudes kind of took these corny lines and made entire styles out of it, unfortunately, but when it was used in moderation I thought it was fun.

Ah. See I had no idea because I haven't watched one of his battles for a good 3 years or so. Haven't seen much of him. To me it came across as 'this shit I just said is hard and the crowd is gassing it' type of way. Seemed like the people should be laughing at it rather than reacting the way I remember.

Doesn't get much more pathetic than Clips shitting on the crowd for staying respectfully silent throughout his hot trash 2nd & 3rd round. Especially when it's blatantly obvious they were hyping him to the moon and back when he said something even passably mediocre.

Really, Clips? They're not fucking with you? When you got a reaction for that lame ass "arizona long can" bar? Foh son.

Bonnie VS. Pnut
https://youtu.be/legdta-2MGY

Nice battle! Bonnie has bars, I feel like I can hear Born in her writing. Pnut clapped her up in my view though.

Saint Mic VS. A Ward.
https://youtu.be/zSTm0FqxMjA

"If your nanna had chemo you wouldn't shave grams"

Thats nothing, there is a lot of substance in this battle. This battle is crazy! I totally advise checking this out!

Peeping this battle now. "I doubt fire/ he not a made (maid) man" bar was fucking crazy.

maybe I got nebraska backwards and thats where the ak's and ar been

THAT WAS FIYAHRR

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Clips had some of the more memorable stuff in the 1st, but he got put underground by Nitty in the 2nd and 3rd.

Absolutely embarassing performance. Most likely the case he just doesn't give a fuck anymore. I can't think of a worse Clips performance, to be honest, and he's had a ton.

Can't believe this dude was actually in GOAT conversations years ago.

Showoff tends to go a long way for some okay-ish stuff. I wouldn't say he's trash but K got that comfortably. My tolerance for okay-ish/mediocre shit is basically zero at this point. Especially when it's fairly boiler-plate, and Showoff isn't very unique*. I tabbed out of Show's rounds a couple times and was reading and browsing GAF while he rapped.

Bigg K got that comfortably. Although I always think it's embarrassing when the rapper turns on the crowd. Especially if they're being respectful and not booing. If it's not your night it's just not your night, K. Shouldn't care that much if he wrote in two days like he said.
he didn't tho

*I'll put it this way: Remember that "Bigg K Challenge" that hit on FB a year ago? It was battlers and fans mimicking Bigg K's style for like 4 bars and sharing the video in different groups. What would the "Showoff Challenge" sound like? Could it even be done? I really don't think so.

On another note SMACK needs to bring UFF back, man. That shit did a great job of hyping up the new gunners every year. Even if it's not on TV, a tournament the top class new dudes, it worked fantastically for Top & Brizz.

Also gtfoh with that "simba down" bullshit. Who writes that?

Exactly, the dude is corny. Battle rappers act cocky all the time, he's just corny with mostly less than average bars.

Checking out Guntitles/NWX now. NWX 2-1. Guntitles 3rd was fire. Hmm, this was better battle than I was expecting and the energy was crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Simba down bullshit and the reaction it got hurt me too.

I watched Gun Titles vs. NWX part 2 and it didn't really capture the magic of the original, wasn't feeling Gun Titles' third either, didn't flow as well. I might need to give it another watch, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Born Legacy 3 Trailer

Day 1

Bedaffi Green vs. Aweazy
Nunn Nunn vs. Prez Mafia
Tink Tha Demon vs. Swave Sevah
Th3 Saga vs. Chess
Mr. Wavy vs. Yung Ill
Rum Nitty vs. Ill Will
Ave vs. B Magic

Day 2

Lottazay
Mike P
Saint Mic
Mo Mula
Prep
Tone Montana
Reepha Rell
Nu Verzy Twork
Dre Dennis
Young X
YN400 Block
Gutta
Dougy
DAYLYT

Here for another Tink & Yung Ill performance, and Nitty vs. Ill Will + Ave vs. B Magic, which should be insane.

Iron Solomon VS. Clips at WD6....*sigh* ....I hope he really puts on a good show with Iron, I can't watch this dude mess around and get bodied anymore

On another note, BL3 will be CRAZY!

Nitty vs Ill Will is gonna be nuts. Th3 Saga vs Chess also might be a sleeper hit. I could see Chess going super hard against Saga.

Also get Prez tfoh. Openly got caught biting full verses from songs and was never that good to begin with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NWX vs. Gun Titles Part 1 is honestly a legendary performance. Shit never gets old and is hype as FUCK. So much rewatchability.

I got a problem, Houston
WHITNEY
I bring a bitch with bald heads
BRITNEY
Could put it on the house
THIS SHIT SMOKING LIKE A CHIMNEY
Entry wound like a dime
EXIT WOUND LIKE A FRISBEE
Big T fingers after lunch
DO EM GREASY
Before the shot
CLEAN SHIRT
After the shot
YEEZY
Before the cut
SHUMPERT
AFTER THE CUT
BEASLEY

EDIT: Just rewatched the rematch properly. That's a good ass battle. 2-1 Gun Titles IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ETD/PLUGZ | RAP BATTLE |CRAIG LAMAR VS BORN

Halfway through the battle rn & BORN is spazzing. Think its a one rounder from the comments I skimmed which kinda sucks. Still, it's worth it from what I've seen already regardless.

Any of you fools down to watch some battles tn?

OFFICIAL VS QB BLACK DIAMOND RAP BATTLE - RBE

QB is my waifu
Excited to watch these.

QB is one of my favourites. QB vs. Stargirl Ladyred is one of my favourite female battles and bodies. Also funniest because Star is checking her out through 99% of the battle.

Bitch, your body shaped like you should be a lumberjack
That face make n***as stop in the street like EWW WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

You two only sisters cause you call the same n***a daddy

Her vs. Arsonal needs to go down ASAP.

I saw that Born battle a few days ago, dude definitely spazzed, just can't pull it off when it counts like against JC.

Checking QB vs. Official, I hoped for Serius Jones and Jimz, but this will do.

Can't wait to watch Math get bodied on Thurs.

Damn SMACK pls drop this shit. Psshh we already know what time it is. Get ready for that 11:59 release.

In other news Writers Bloque is falling apart. Daylyt and now B Magic both said they're no longer Bloque.

Also Guntitles is a crew now with more than just Tay Roc & Surf which makes the name really weird.

Reverse Live vs J Dose

Battle is tight. I wanna see this Reverse Live with the same energy, intensity and focus minus the few stumbles and he could climb through the ranks easy.

God damn that "horse" line was fucking expensive heat.

"Give her the E and its game over like the bitch lost at horse"

Dose impressed me by managing to keep his energy up despite the crowd not going too crazy. It's really hard to keep going so hard when you're not getting much to feed off of. Overall very good battle. I've always liked Reverse Live but now he's on my must watch list.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That might be the worst Math performance of all time wow.

People overhyped T-Top's performance (IMO his Saga battle is his best by a good margin) but that's a clear body.

Math wat r u doin

Might not be his best performance ever. But damn Top was going off in the 3rd. Crowd was way too dead for how hot that shit was.

Math got smoked & even if he got through all his material clean it would have been a body smh.

That might be the worst Math performance of all time wow.

People overhyped T-Top's performance (IMO his Saga battle is his best by a good margin) but that's a clear body.

Math wat r u doin
LMAO checking this now!

Yep, that was BAG!

Random, I can't believe Arsonal Vs. Cortez is just now happening.

Top Bottom