• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Serius Jones wrote some nice stuff for this battle. Jimz had some moments...but he's still Jimz and those personals he used were wack. Serius 3-0.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Shotgun Suge vs. Brizz Rawsteen.

Brizz 2-1 IMO.

EDIT:

Born Legacy 3 - Day 2 Trailer.

NuJerzy Twork vs. Dougy
Mo Mula vs. Young X
Gutta vs. Reepha Rell
Dre Dennis vs. Jai 400 Block
Saint Mic vs. Tone Montana
Prep vs. LottaZay
Mike P vs. Daylyt
Tech 9 vs. Jerry Wess

Return of Lotta Zay, the n***a that bodied Shotgun Suge so bad the footage got locked away
FzRM1rL.pngg

Saint Mic vs. Tone Montana
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png

Daylyt's URL Debut
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png

Return of Tech 9
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png
FzRM1rL.png

Brizz 3-0!!! Way more substance than what Suge was spitting, I feel like he raps for a long time...and every now and then I hear a cool bar, not enough.

Nujerzy....Twork....??????????......WHY.

Prep gonna get bodied by Lotta.

Daylyt potentially 3-0ing Mike P....I like Mike but I believe in Day making the most of this.

Tone and Saint Mic is gonna get ugly.

Pretty sure I got Brizz 2-1 in a very debatable battle imo. I can definitely see people giving it to Suge. Terminator 2 scheme was fire.

KOTD - Rap Battle - J-Pro vs Bill Collector | #BATB1

Time to watch this biz. Going by that hot ass dislike ratio I'm going to assume this didn't go well.
..........*ahem* Where do I begin?

J-Pro actually had some nice lines, but he's an awful performer. This battle is a combination of things that are just odd as fuck.

Yeah I actually fuck with J-Pro for the bars after I spent 3 years in a hyperbolic time chamber psychologically conditioning myself to tolerate his voice.

This battle, though... This shit should have been vaulted. What the fuck was up with the choke/ burp recovery? Might be the weirdest shit I've seen in a battle all year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man.. Chilla vs. Prep was a murder for the ages y'all. Prep had NO idea what he was walking into.

First there was the in studio series where we got some prime shit talk.
- Prep tryna clown Chilla's first main stage debut and Chilla hits him with the "my PG was a main stage, n***a"
- Chilla: "I just 3-0'd Conceited, don't talk to me, n***a"
- Chilla: "I can lose to Dizaster. I just beat Dizaster. I just beat Math. I just beat Conceited. Back to back to back."
- And the now infamous: "Who did he call when you said you wanted a n***a with a pen? THE KING PEN."

Then the battle happens.. and Chilla's first round alone is some cold-ass murderous shit.

Battled Math, Con and Diz, now a rookie on the menu?
This a fucking miss-match, for even putting me against you
I'm nice with the grammar-see? (Gramercy), that's why they booked me for the venue

You were supposed to expose Chess like Justin & Janet

If it gets intense, you'll sleep in bags like camping gear
You're rounds come out plain like landing gear
This round light, going over heads like a chandelier
You want us in a cap, then plan it (Captain Planet), I'm too damn prepared
Enough heart, when it's war-to-fire, I hope your earth is standing clear
'Cause my gun so big... 5 rings.. could make the planet tear (Planeteer)

No disrespect, because I didn't want to take a PG person
If he's de-serving, then that's who my DE servin'
I'm on my job, n***as see me workin''
And now this 4-5 will spin his bow-tie like Pee Wee Herman

That Pee Wee Herman bar was the kill shot. You even see Smack about to call time but put his mic down to take it in. Then the 2nd had the Disney scheme and the Green Lantern and Brandon Lee Way shit. ALL of the gay jokes in the 3rd. I've never seen a crowd beg for mercy like that before.

Yeah... god damn. Chilla sent Prep's soul to where Rich Dolarz at. One of those devastating bodybags. Where even though the other person came fully prepared with their best material they still got so severely outclassed that they couldn't even edge a round. That shit was ugly.

Edit:

Just re-watched the battle and man was it fucked up. The craziest thing about re-watching it was the small amount of love the crowd did give Prep (almost exclusively on rebuttals). It actually servers to highlight the fact that they're totally unbiased and just not impressed with the majority of Prep's average material.

Jesus Christ! He thought he could come against what is arguably the best Pen in battle rap, with that? That was a murder.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yo wtf happened in battle rap when i was gone

wtf r u doing, B Magic?!

also apparently Tone Montana choked all 3 rounds and that shit is gonna get vaulted. SHAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING HEAD SMH SMH SMH

sounds like Prep had like the 3rd round of the century, and Swave had his best performance every

wtf @ BL3 in general

yo wtf happened in battle rap when i was gone

wtf r u doing, B Magic?!

also apparently Tone Montana choked all 3 rounds and that shit is gonna get vaulted. SHAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING HEAD SMH SMH SMH

sounds like Prep had like the 3rd round of the century, and Swave had his best performance every

wtf @ BL3 in general
Yeah, Tone hung himself. Magic and Ill bailed. But everything else sounds pretty great, I need that Daylyt- Mike P and Nitty-Ill Will to drop ASAP!

Caught some WD6 bootlegs, Solomon-Clips was cool, Rone-Caustic was meh, and Serius Jones barred Pat Stay's life away (Pat's first was dope though).

Serius Jones' word play is so fucking corny sometimes. It's not all wack but it's like he doesn't actually know the difference between whats nice and what isn't. He literally said Pat Stay's throat was a pussy so he could connect it to "voice box." Like dude, pls fucking consider what the hell you're saying.

I'm only two rounds into the battle but I got Pat winning clearly. Pat actually prepared for this one & his imagery and performance is on point like back when I still fucked with him heavy. Although he could still shit the bed in the 3rd so I possibly spoke to soon.

Ofc right after I say that shit pat stumbles the fuck outta his 3rd round. Even worse it's supposed to be some emotional real talk shit & I fuck with what he was saying but the mini chokes and stumbles really messed up the impact it coulda had.

edit:

Serius had is best round against Pat's weakest in the 3rd. Boxing scheme was pretty nice. The rock/heavy metal scheme was technically sound but has been done to death. His best material in the battle was when he lightened up on the word play and just talked to Pat.

I got Pat Stay 2-1. Everything from him was hitting for me until he couldn't keep it together in the 3rd.

edit 2:

God damn TheSaurus bagged the shit out of Tumi. Tumi was dope vs Ness Lee & Bender in that south african league too. But in this battle you could see the hurt in his eyes, by the 3rd round that shit wasn't fair.

KG The Poet vs DNA... that matchup makes me physically sick.

Pass vs Brizz should be sick. I'd say Pass deserves a bigger name after beating Clips & Arsonal but after the moneybagz battle this is acceptable.

Pass and Brizz sounds haaard! Caught Arsonal and Cortez, pretty damn good. Best Ars in a looong time, Cortez had some pretty good material too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K Shine VS. Charron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360khWmQBLY

Decent first and third from Shine, but Charron boxed him, badly. So many great battles happened this weekend, gonna be busy for a while.
The Smack Killer continues his streak. Charron was too much. Shine was super gassed and that 2nd was garbage. Charron's 2nd round was murderous.

You act bolder (boulder) but you'll always be a man that's known
That ran from Roc and had to pick up his hat like Indiana Jones

Gun so big, hold it like a javelin
Kickback, BOOM, look like I'm smacking off his hat again

Desert Eagle, AR, I ain't saying I got that work
I'm just listing Gun Titles to give him flashbacks of Roc and Surf

Why do leagues book you? You're known for fights over bars.
If you can't handle when I holla-graphic material, don't put Shine on the card.

KOTD - Rap Battle - Random vs Baby J | #GZ

Caught this one on a whim & it was a pleasant surprise. Random is definitely someone I'll be looking out for now. Baby J was decent & had some clever lines but nothing too crazy and his performance needs a lot of work.

Also caught K-Shine vs Charron. Some of Charron's best rebuttals to date imo. Shine got wildly gassed & his 2nd round was a joke. That's not to say he didn't have anything but it was evident the crowd was just happy to see him. Charron out-classed Shine in just about every category except projection & flow. The writing wasn't even close.

Also props to Charron for getting all hips raps off when he was getting cut off. Shine stays getting into unnecessary fights and cheated the (obviously loyal) fans with that trash 2nd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BullPen Battle League: Xcel vs. Loso. I'm hearing good things.

https://youtu.be/nlyY8qk_SpE

So we get this instead, this could be a really entertaining battle with bars and performance. I won't be surprised if it ends up being fire.
I'm always down for more Magic...

..but man I'm still super upset about this whole URL/STL situation. There's even a RapGrid blog where Chilla breaks down how important STL is to URL and it's sad it's come to this. Ave vs. Magic, Verb vs. Lux, Hitman vs. Shotgun, Ill vs. Sobriety, so many highly anticipated battles that have to happen on URL that are in limbo, and Magic really has no good footing to stand on for what he did. It's so fucking petty and any fucking excuse can get someone off scot free in battle rap for not doing what they were paid to do, it's fucking disgraceful.

BullPen Battle League: Xcel vs. Loso. I'm hearing good things.

I'm always down for more Magic...

..but man I'm still super upset about this whole URL/STL situation. There's even a RapGrid blog where Chilla breaks down how important STL is to URL and it's sad it's come to this. Ave vs. Magic, Verb vs. Lux, Hitman vs. Shotgun, Ill vs. Sobriety, so many highly anticipated battles that have to happen on URL that are in limbo, and Magic really has no good footing to stand on for what he did. It's so fucking petty and any fucking excuse can get someone off scot free in battle rap for not doing what they were paid to do, it's fucking disgraceful.

I caught that battle, pretty dope. I'm sad Xcel is guaranteed to be battling unknowns for the rest of his career though.

I also agree with everything else you said. Battlerap can never be taken seriously enough and have the potential to grow with shady business like this happening.

DNA VS. Chef Trez

https://youtu.be/tKA0XM1Sht4

This is fire!

I had 3-0 Rone before, 3-0 Rone now, ok battle (the toy story nickel in his back line was fire, the cable guy stuff was funny). Caustic trash (a couple of his angles were kind of funny, and he a had a few decent punches like the abe lincoln bar).

B Magic VS. Syah Boy

https://youtu.be/Hs6kP58uP8Q

2nd KOTD announcement...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LQ6o28xXcok

This is going to be amazing ; __ ;

URL Traffic 2

Apparently YK-Danny Myers was crazy, not surprising. Brizz killed Pass allegedly. Pass still hasn't recovered from Moneybagz I see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Born Legacy 3 Recap Trailer.
Lotta this, Lotta that. Body bag, I'm tired of that.
I gotta snap, ain't trying to go back to where Rich Dolarz at.

Let any chump have it. Semis, snubs, matics.
Razor across your head like you're 21 Savage.

Close aim. Rope dangling. Have his throat strangled.
I'll leave you down, with arms waving, we're making snow angels.

Which one of you n***as want to be a Showout? Or a Showoff?
If I show out, Smack gon' have to cut the show off.

I was up in the hotel, loading rounds for cousin, big rounds I'm stuffing.
They said Ill in the lobby.. I grabbed the nose runnin', I'm coming down with something.

FIIIIIIIIIIRE. Those Tech and Nitty lines especially, whew. Can't wait for so many of these TBH. I'm already so behind on battles, though :(

Mike P vs. Daylyt this Friday.

m3k

URL: Mike P vs. Daylyt.

That character select tho

mike p did well... but daylyts 2nd and 3rd are too dense ima have to watch again

and watch jayblacs review of his facial expressions haha

not really a talking point but what does nu nu nells do... youtube comments on point. i used to think she was a battle rapper but i never heard about a match of hers...and i think i heard someone say she organise the girls for smack... anyway her hair look like ronald mcdonald

URL: Mike P vs. Daylyt.

That character select tho
This was everything I was hoping for...jesus..i'm gonna need bit to digest this. Mike P was great, maaaaaaaybe i'd give him the first, otherwise I have Day edging every round, it was close for me. Day's last two rounds were something else.

On second watch Daylyt 2-1. Mike P took the first for me.

Idk who I got. Some of daylyts best material but he can go from great writing to sloppy ass reaches in an instant and this battle was no exception. The only clear round I have is Day getting the 2nd. He completely left earth. Unfortunately Day's delivery faltered in some key spots but Mike P's 2nd was (comparatively) dry and he Jersey'd out the 3rd.

Overall they both did really well and it was a great battle. Mike P really impressed me with his stage presence, flow & control. Some of the sequences he pulled off were crazy.

Can't call it off the first watch but I cant wait to watch it again.

mileS

I wanted to hate Mike P for some reason but I have to admit that boy good. Might have to check out another battle of his.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want to give it 2-1 to Daylyt, 2nd and 3rd, but I also felt all of Mike P's rounds flowed much, much better. Day had a whole lot of stop and start (part of this is the weird audio editing that cuts the crowd in and out) and TBH some of the more basic punchlines sprinkled in that got in the way of his momentum. Great battle overall, though.

Sad to see Ty Law off of URL
and them still pushing people who barely ever did shit like Mr. Wavy
, but at least he's getting matches now. Still gotta watch his latest BullPen battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Magic vs. Syah was a GREAT battle. They both heated up more and more as the battle went on and it had a fantastic atmosphere. I think I'd give it 3-0 to Syah, edging 2nd and 3rd, but those could go to Magic as well.

Iron Solomon vs. Charlie Clips was good, nothing too special for the names though. Might give it 2-1 to Clips, think Iron easily took the 1st and Clips edged the 2nd for me.

Ty Law vs. PC was crazy. Ty Law in his bag for that, and PC brings a unique kind of energy which I appreciate. A preference battle IMO, but I'd give it 2-1 to Ty Law.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Swave Sevah vs. Tink Da Demon.

I like a lot of Tinks material and his unorthodox transitions but he's not really the biggest crowd pleaser. Never has been in general, but he usually has enough haymakers to keep people engaged, and this time they weren't as many of them, so I can see why people gave this quickly to Swave in first impressions.

I enjoyed Swave's performance but don't think he left earth the way people were making it seem. It was a decent battle and I think Swave got it clearly but I didnt come away thinking Tink's career is over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really, really, enjoyed that battle. Watched it maybe 3 times now. I think I'd give it 2-1 to Swave with Tink getting the first. Think they both brought it all 3 rounds TBH.

Also this UDUBB card is looking like something.

Arsonal vs. Tay Roc
Shotgun Suge vs. Tsu Surf
DNA vs. Rad B
Daylyt vs. O-Solo

Also Jai, K-Shine, Uno Lavoz, Twayne and Spee Dolla on the card, apparently.

Top Bottom