• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

m3k

what do you guys think of organic?

anyway he looks unhealthy as shit... im trying to figure out what drug symptoms he has... it might just be alcohol but he looks sickly

mileS

he's tall and skinny... see people like that all the time. I used to look similar when I was in high school. Was a while before I filled out and even gained weight no matter how much I had to eat.

*shrug* think you are being a little silly

Furyous

Organik is a universally regarded great guy and an excellent representative of the culture. I'm not checking him out, NO SHOTS, so I don't pay attention to his health.

Can we talk about Math's petty real quick?

Dude called into AFM dissing Unbias and in the process revealed that Lush One owes him 17K. Basically, LO tried to pay Math to battle on KOTD and wound up suing them, allegedly. It was, once again allegedly, five or six installments in $5K increments amounting to $30K. I don't mean to get in anyone's pockets but Math is not worth 30K. At least Diz is entertaining and has multiple classics under his belt. Hoffa sounds washed in 2016.

ICE 30'd him.
Bigg K got the 21 or 30.
Chilla got the 21 or 30.

This dude hasn't won a solo battle in years and has the nerve to attack Lush's credibility.

Organik is a universally regarded great guy and an excellent representative of the culture. I'm not checking him out, NO SHOTS, so I don't pay attention to his health.

Can we talk about Math's petty real quick?

Dude called into AFM dissing Unbias and in the process revealed that Lush One owes him 17K. Basically, LO tried to pay Math to battle on KOTD and wound up suing them, allegedly. It was, once again allegedly, five or six installments in $5K increments amounting to $30K. I don't mean to get in anyone's pockets but Math is not worth 30K. At least Diz is entertaining and has multiple classics under his belt. Hoffa sounds washed in 2016.

ICE 30'd him.
Bigg K got the 21 or 30.
Chilla got the 21 or 30.

This dude hasn't won a solo battle in years and has the nerve to attack Lush's credibility.

Wow, he's really taking it there with this 17k, shit? I couldn't possibly know how legitimate Math's excuses for no showing vs TheSaurus are. But the fact that he threw this 17k issue in the mix is suspect. If you're really that bothered why take the battle? Ultimately its whatever because I'm happy to take Math in good faith and assume his ride got locked up and he couldn't have made it in time.

In addition to all that Math was sounding crazy in the new AFM interview talking about how battlers give weak performances because fan suggestions get in their head. lol What are the fans supposed to do? Not talk about shit? Battle rappers can honestly be the most sensitive public figures I've observed. Math is talking about how bloggers should be Don King, acting as promoters. They're not promoters they're critics if anything. But apparently something a blogger might say could influence ticket sales so they need to tread carefully. As if it's CAPS, Ubias or Jayblac's responsibility to ensure a leagues success.

In all honesty Math got the better of a very drunk Angry Fan in that debate. He won insofar as having his points heard but they were largely bullshit. Even as a Math fan who thinks he had great battles with Dizaster and Chilla (Bigg K washed him) I was like... What the fuck is this he on about?

mileS

Math vs Chilla was a classic tho. It proved to me when Math is focused he can reach a level that can compete with anyone. I don't think any of them are worth that much. Lux, Hollow, any of them. They should be lucky to even get 15k.
Makes me wonder just how much money people like Nikiya are throwing around. I don't know much behind-the-scenes KOTD info but I have a strong feeling they wouldn't have been able to stack the cards as much as they have lately without his wallet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Hollow Da Don vs. Pat Stay.

Didn't really like Hollow's 1st but thought Stay did well. I thought Hollow started his 2nd off strong but it petered out. Stays 2nd was more consistent but also more fumbly, having difficulty calling it but I really don't like fumbling. I think Hollow was just more effective and had the most potent material in the 3rd. Overall, it was a decent battle, not anything exceptional, so kind of disappointing in that regard. Probably the 2nd worst Hollow after the Budden battle. I think I may have enjoyed the one rounder more.

I think Marv & Quest's First 48 line is my favourite bar this year.

he's tall and skinny... see people like that all the time. I used to look similar when I was in high school. Was a while before I filled out and even gained weight no matter how much I had to eat.

*shrug* think you are being a little silly
As a historically skinny person, I can relate. I think 'Ganik kind of looks sickly at times because he's pale, eyes are usually red and he wears hospital gown sized clothes in 2016.

KOTD: Hollow Da Don vs. Pat Stay.

Didn't really like Hollow's 1st but thought Stay did well. I thought Hollow started his 2nd off strong but it petered out. Stays 2nd was more consistent but also more fumbly, having difficulty calling it but I really don't like fumbling. I think Hollow was just more effective and had the most potent material in the 3rd. Overall, it was a decent battle, not anything exceptional, so kind of disappointing in that regard. Probably the 2nd worst Hollow after the Budden battle. I think I may have enjoyed the one rounder more.
I like this battle more now than I did the first time. I honestly think it is everything it needs to be. I find it pretty well calculated and put together on both sides. I agree, not exceptional, but I think it is a pretty good battle. My expectations weren't sky high though. Also, Hollow 4-0.

The way Hollow changed his lines about Pat biting Rone & Heartless in response to the crowd jumping the gun on reaction is god tier. It's something that even attempting would have stumped most battlers. Hollow's performance is next level in every respect. It's not an overtly showy style of performing like a Hitman Holla but it's every bit as polished in more subtle ways.

Hollow's 2nd was the weakest round for me when I watched the PPV but seeing this again there's so much there and it's all very impressive. For now I've still got Hollow 3-1 but this is a possible 4-0. That's also not taking anything away from Pat because the rounds were close. Especially the 1 rounder and the 2nd in the full battle.

Every time I watch this battle I end up liking it more and more. Between the PPV version and this I've watched it 3 times and I think it's a battle I'll be coming back to from time to time.

mileS

Still can't call it. Strangely I didn't enjoy it as much as I did on the stream. Should have just waited. Pretty awesome getting a battle out there this quick. Props for that. Noticed a bit more stumbles by Pat but overall its minor. I thought the 1 rounder was a clear tie. This is probably 2-1 hollow but really close. Agree that we have seen better from Hollow overall, but take what we can get for now. Lord knows when his next will be....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Ty Law vs. Cyssero.

How did people say this went in Cyssero's direction? 2-1 or 3-0 Ty Law. I didn't catch everything Ty Law referenced, but it might just be too dense to be enjoyable. Some of the punches weren't that fire in general. I didn't get that damn I need to rewatch this right now feeling I usually get from Ty Law battles. Battle had a weird vibe in general, crowd definitely drained from Rum Nitty vs. Ave beforehand. I think Ty works best paired with someone with energy/aggression (Sno/B Magic).

Side note, but I've had B Magic's Demolition Man punchline stuck in my head for at least a month now.

Second battle i've seen Cyssero. Noooooooope. He's aggressive (aggressive enough I guess) but his writing sucks. I was going 'booooo' through most of his rounds. Ty was mediocre, definitely not his best, a few decent lines. Performance was pretty boring and yeah, you can tell the crowd was tired of it.

Born VS. Ty would be dope though!

Soul VS. Raptor (title match)
https://youtu.be/nE4M7uGvDU8

This was a dooope battle. Best Soul i've seen in a long time. Sucks for Raptor with the stumbles and choking but he did a good job otherwise, he just lost it in his most important battle so far, against a Soul that was on another level.

mileS

props to soul for steppin up his performance. soul killed him with the 1st round alone.

Finished that and because I was bored I started watching old Don't Flop battles randomly. The only thing I have to say is bring back Wizard... dude is hilarious and endlessly entertaining.

m3k

watched pat stay vs hollow... i probably ruined it a bit by watching jay blac recount before watching the battle but battle was still entertaining

hollow manages to always come up with memorable lines.... pat did well with his payment angle in the 3rd

mileS

BAHAHAHA what...

how could you say Rex murdered him. Rex lost on his opening of his first round alone. What the fuck was that. Crowd let it go minus one person for some reason.

Caustic has been way better recently but this wasn't really bad. Kind of taken back how it gets perceived that way.

Peeped Caustic vs T Rex. Nobody won that battle but Caustic had the only memorable material. If he was better rehearsed and got his material off clean it would have been a clear win. Just check Hollow's reactions.

edit:

Naw I hadnt seen the 3rd again. Tomb Raider and Game Genie bars were better than anything Rex spit. Caustic got that clearly.

KOTD: Caustic vs. T-Rex.

Not too impressed by this. Caustic got murdered by an okayish Rex. Caustic was like half asleep through this, his Camry, Tomb Raider, and other line in his 2nd was his only good shit IMO.

Speaking of Pat's angle in his third.. can fake personals win rounds?

Enzo.... don't do this to me bruh. Caustic got murdered? I can (somewhat) possibly see giving T Rex the battle off more polished rapping since Caustic had stumbles. Murdered, though?

WE CANT DO THIS DANCE

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I honestly don't get Caustic's appeal. I never have. His peers
only West Coast battle rappers
talk about him like he's super disrespectful and aggressive, I think he's a lightweight at both at best. He's not a very good rapper technically, dude sounds like a bombing stand up comic in his long set ups and his infrequent punchlines that rarely pay off. His angles are also usually really boring or like he's reminding people of other angles people have done on that opponent before ("Remember when ____?"). I don't know what the pros are here.

talk about him like he's super disrespectful and aggressive, I think he's a lightweight at both at best. He's not a very good rapper technically, dude sounds like a bombing stand up comic in his long set ups and his infrequent punchlines that rarely pay off. His angles are also usually really boring or like he's reminding people of other angles people have done on that opponent before ("Remember when ____?"). I don't know what the pros are here.
I agree with this but I think Rex is shit too (at least Rex can rap), soooooo....

Being honest, I can only stridently defend Caustic circa 2009-2012. An era ending with his battle vs JJDD. I don't know when you started watching him but yeah the dude was great. He's got all time most disrespectful moments in battling under his belt vs Jefferson Price & Q Shinobi. Caustic is also responsible for one of my top 10 video game bars of all time*. Caustic's problem is that he burned out by the time KOTD finally decided to give him a real push. He was a Tay Roc esque long overlooked talent for a long time. Silently putting out great battles. But he's been super inconsistent from 2013 onward. His Arsonal battle was good though.

I will say you're understating Caustic's rapping ability. Caustic at his best was one of those battlers that had it all. Good rhyme schemes, direct disrespectful lines, freestyle talent, good~ great punches, decent word-play too, a mix between aggressive and funny lines. He was just never consistent enough to go on an impressive streak of clear wins.

This motherfucker did word play off the charge mechanic. Not just a random reference or mispronouncing "Hadoken." That line is still crazy off how well it works. People weren't on that level till Daylyt's MK scheme vs Chilla where he incorporated mechanics and specials moves.

mileS

Being overly harsh on caustic I think. I don't see many others being called out. This was an okay battle from him, but he had a crazy last couple of years for battles.

mileS

I absolutely love how he tried to play all dumb "how do you say this kids name" like he knew nothing about him. Then 2 seconds later starts talking about him like he spent 2 nights researching him.

Finally a new battle! I was stuck watching Bedaffi Green VS. Brooklyn Carter before this...thank god!

I don't think we'll see DOT again on URL. Finally! This is a body looool, the kid died!

I appreciate Young X for getting rid of DOT. Thanks!

I've never seen Steams go from his overplayed reactions to looking straight bored! Fantastic all around!

Top Bottom