• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Piggus

The audio in this game is amazing as expected from DICE. A family member has a real Gewehr 98 and Lee Enfield. I'd like to take them to the local outdoor range and see how EA's audio capture compares.

And WTF DICE.
5bP4vEC.gif

So realistic they simulated a soldiers fear and anxiety

GravyButt

Opened the the 5 battlepacks that came with the early enlister edition in the uk and got the same gun 3 times!! What a waste. How do we customise dog tags and camos? Played 1 match on the forest map and love it so far.

Dumb question because im to lazy to figure out time zones but im assuming its out in the uk now?

I purchased the early enlister edition as well but still on the access version. Figured wed have been able to access the battlepacks through it. Just wondering if im missing something. Because ive only opened 2. One earned in a match and a random "starter battlepack" which came out of nowhere today.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just got an e-mail from EA telling me my pre-order is ready and to go play BF1. Still can't play even after restarting Origin. /me_shakes_fist_impotently

Alchemist

I just changed the FOV to 90 (was suggested pages back) and holy shit at the difference. The default setting is like being trapped inside a box.

Preloded on PS4! Can't wait for tonight!

Btw can anyone answer my question?

If you have EA Access and buy the game digitally (regular edition) does your copy get upgraded to early enlister? My friend is claiming this.

TheZink

So I love how Battlepacks are just cosmetics. Having said that, what's the drop rate on these things? Played about 5 matches to the end and haven't gotten one.

Also, how do you get scrap and puzzle pieces?
I've played about six hours and still haven't got one. Been at the top of the leaderboard many times also. I heard it's completely random who gets them

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Assassin's Creed has ruined hoods/cloaks and bracers in games forever. ಥ_ಥ The actors in this campaign are SO much better than in the last three Battlefield games, holy shit.

Love how they added the Wilhelm Scream.
I wonder if that's leftover audio from BF?

Tubie

Timer on PSN hasn't changed, still says it unlocks at 3AM.

I'm starting to worry I won't be able to play tonight if that timer stays like that.

Shady859

How big is the day 1 PS4 update? Debating on going to grab this at midnight and starting the install/update before bed. I'd be able to nab a few hours game time before going to classes tomorrow. Hyped to hop in!

Harpua

Are any of the early enlister bonuses worth the price of admission?

I'm trying to hold strong, but one inkling of a worthwhile add-in might get me to bite. Lack of discount on digital kills me too.

Shady859

Sitting outside gamestop waiting for dis, LES goo

Anyone else there? We need pix!

Passed 2 heading home just now and saw empty stores. Digital releases and early access have killed the midnight release parties I grew up loving.

Are any of the early enlister bonuses worth the price of admission?

I'm trying to hold strong, but one inkling of a worthwhile add-in might get me to bite. Lack of discount on digital kills me too.

Not really.... It boils down to what you have planned this weekend or now. I was going to stand strong but I work 12s fri-sunday. Well played EA....

Just pay it and get used to these staggered dates, early paid entry is here to stay.

Pastry

Banned
The lady at GameStop was trying to convince me to show up early to pickup the game and I kept on insisting that I'm good and I'll be theee at 11 on the dot.

Van

Anyone else there? We need pix!

Passed 2 heading home just now and saw empty stores. Digital releases and early access have killed the midnight release parties I grew up loving.
There is no one here yet I'm in my car eating mellow mushroom

Van

Funny thing is the Manager didn't there was midnight release going on until today and he disnt have time to prepare lmao

Foxxsoxx

DId they seriously try to do a midnight release in the digital age for an early edition?

Anyway, timer still hasn't changed. What can a consumer do if its advertised to unlock at midnight EST, but actually unlocks at 3am?

I'm debating it honestly. I swear I can wait 3 more days... I swear...

Top Bottom