• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xater

:)

• PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 08.00 UTC / 12.00 AM PT.
• PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 10.00 UTC / 2.00 AM PT.
• Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 12.00 UTC / 4.00 AM PT.

Gah Xbox at 12. So no play with the patch in the morning for me. :(

Hopefully this fixes the server list for me (UK). I have it set to show 10+ 64-player conquest servers, but all I ever get is 2-3 kinda populated servers and loads of 1/64 servers. A lot of the time I'm waiting a few minutes for servers to be filled. Minor annoyance but I'd like to see BF4-levels of populated conquest servers.

Oh, and hopefully they've fixed the crouch button. You should be able sprint from whatever position you're in. Seems to happen a lot if you spawn on someone who's already prone and if you get revived.

Acinixys

Just had such an epic Battlefeels moment

Rushed a group of 5 snipers camping a hill on the Iron Walls operation

Got one kill with my Bar, one with my Modello, picked up an enemy sniper kit and got a drag scope headshot, then switched to the pistol (was a Mars) and got two more kills

Was probably the best little bit of gameplay ive had in over 100 hours

Playing conquest all day long and haven't played on Sinai Desert a single time. What happened to the map? Lol
Always choosing quick match for conquest.
The last time i played on the map, was like a week ago.

That makes 36 wins and 4 losses. 26 wins in a row.
Ukps4gaf is an unstoppable train....

Had a tough game of kaiserslacht and still managed to grind out a win.

Kyliedog is a sick pilot... Jedi

Iron walls is first up tomorrow boys ;)

Just added our 50th player to the ukps4gaf group chat.

Luvs_2_squidge for those of you wanting to join us.

36-4 isn't a bad win loss. Let's see how long we can keep the streak going. Currently 26 wins in a row

Lol people on Reddit are so salty always. You just say something that some basic features like rent a sever, loadouts in main menu should have been there day one. And you get downvoted right away. Because the game is perfect as always. If those people were the majority we would still have a broken BF4 lol.

Haven't even been to the BF Reddit much, so thanks for the heads up. Won't be going back there anytime soon!

So big ol' patch tomorrow?

Can't freaking wait. Here's hoping AA gets a huge nerf. I'd like to see the 10-A shotgun toned down as well, to at least make the other shotguns viable choices. Finally... I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see snipers get whacked with much stronger bullet drop than the game currently has.

what with everyone wanting to be sniper and not playing the obj.
As with most every shooter, I'm mostly annoyed by people's incompetence. On a lot of points you can be of some help if you spot and take people out trying to reach the objective. But too often, the people playing back and sniping are incompetent mooks who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

It doesn't help if the non-snipers aren't playing the objective either. Yesterday I went like 45-7 playing with the non-scoped SMLE and the Russian, but it didn't matter since no one else would help on the objective.

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Jake2by4

As with most every shooter, I'm mostly annoyed by people's incompetence. On a lot of points you can be of some help if you spot and take people out trying to reach the objective. But too often, the people playing back and sniping are incompetent mooks who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

It doesn't help if the non-snipers aren't playing the objective either. Yesterday I went like 45-7 playing with the non-scoped SMLE and the Russian, but it didn't matter since no one else would help on the objective.

¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Just played a game of conquest and more then half the team was snipers i couldn't believe it. I was flabbergasted.

Tanks will never be nerfed?

They want them to be OP?
I haven't been paying attention to the thread recently, but is this a common sentiment?

I usually take down tanks singlehanded with some mines and AT grenades...

The only time I have a problem is when tanks team
up and roll in together.

Compsiox

Banned
I haven't been paying attention to the thread recently, but is this a common sentiment?

up and roll in together.

The developers literally said they want them to be OP.

Cynn

up and roll in together.

No, tanks are perfectly fine. One dedicated person can kill them as you said.

Agent

Are medals broken right now? I keep seeing mine switch off and even change when I play Operations.

Medals have been broken since day 1. Hopefully there is some fixing in the patch tomorrow.

I'd even take the select one medal option for now if they just simply worked. Half the time there are different medals appearing, then not selected because there is a new batch appearing. The whole medal system just needs to be reworked because it simply doesn't work. I'm not quite sure what the goal of only being able to do one at a time was. At this point it is almost better to just ignore them until they decide to improve/fix the system.

Haha, it's true though.

Only thing that needs to be nerfed is the repair wrench.
Haha, I'm a tank guy myself (have been since 1942). I actually agree, I think tanks are fine now. The Beta was a different story, but the damage changes for infantry weapons like the dynamite and AT Rocket made a big difference.

I don't have a problem with the repair tool either, it rewards teamwork and I love that.

If a team wants to take out a tank, the tank will get taken out. Tanks are only OP if the enemy team refuses to try and take them out.

It seems to me like they did a piss-poor job with that then...
Medals have been broken since day 1. Hopefully there is some fixing in the patch tomorrow.

I'd even take the select one medal option for now if they just simply worked. Half the time there are different medals appearing, then not selected because there is a new batch appearing. The whole medal system just needs to be reworked because it simply doesn't work. I'm not quite sure what the goal of only being able to do one at a time was. At this point it is almost better to just ignore them until they decide to improve/fix the system.
Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. I hadn't actually noticed this new batch problem until this lasted week rollover.

Now it keeps switching between two batches. The batch from last week and a brand new one...I don't get how it could be that broken!

Compsiox

Banned
Last night I had it switching between this week's, last week's and two weeks ago. The two weeks ago popping up was impressive.

I thought they were trying to make Mode exclusive medals until I finally got a plane damage medal as one of the choices in War Pigeons.

They gotta fix that.

terrible

Banned
Last night I had it switching between this week's, last week's and two weeks ago. The two weeks ago popping up was impressive.

It keeps randomly reverting back to a support medal from like 2-3 weeks back for me. I haven't even touched medals in over a week but they keep showing up anyway lol.

No Love

Banned
Just had an epic comeback game where we were down 300+ points in Conquest, we were routed, had no caps, entire team trying to get A... and I went crazy, killing tons of dudes and reviving and capping like crazy. Ended the game as #1 player in the game with 11k points and 39-13. We came back and won 1000-960, totally routing the enemy and forcing them back to their spawn.

Sometimes the game just clicks even when you're alone, and the frustrations and shitty deaths fade away. Battlefield really is a special series of games.

ronco2000

Can they at least not make them like ninjas. Fuck, they're silent as hell. I turn a corner and bam I get ran over. Even running around then I turn around there's a fucking tank behind me. I can hear an enemy soldier that far away.

Can they at least not make them like ninjas. Fuck, they're silent as hell. I turn a corner and bam I get ran over. Even running around then I turn around there's a fucking tank behind me. I can hear an enemy soldier that far away.
I do actually think the sound design is really poor in the game. Footsteps are incredibly loud without much subtlety, vehicles don't seem loud enough and gun sounds are odd.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Late game comebacks in CQ are almost impossible with the new point system. Is that their intention? Because it's not very exciting.

The Beard

I do actually think the sound design is really poor in the game. Footsteps are incredibly loud without much subtlety, vehicles don't seem loud enough and gun sounds are odd.

I agree. It's just like BF4 where helicopters and tanks could roadkill you before you could hear them.

Late game comebacks in CQ are almost impossible with the new point system. Is that their intention? Because it's not very exciting.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking lame. If you're down by more than 100 late in the game, you're pretty much fucked, unless you can somehow manage to hold damn near all the flags for the remainder of the match.

Agent

I hit rank 10 medic tonight and unlocked the Selbstlader 1906 Factory. Talk about a disappointing gun. It wouldn't be a bad gun, but the 5 round clip makes it almost unusable in most situations since you rarely are only fighting one person at a time.

I only have the support rank 10 gun to unlock now. I'm rank 6, so shouldn't take too long to grind it out. I know that one isn't the best either.

With all the rank 10 class weapons almost unlocked, I'll probably start working on the Pilot/Tanker rank 10 guns. I've rarely played in vehicles since launch. My top vehicle right now is the QF 1 AA with 69 kills. :p

When kills didn't cost tickets (DICE's original implementation), it was easier to make comebacks because you could be more aggressive trying to take flags without affecting the score.

After the Beta, based on player feedback (which is always a dangerous thing IMHO, because players are rarely good game designers) they introduced a hybrid system where kills factor in as well. That makes aggressive flag capping to try and initiate a comeback much less workable in my experience, because gains from the flag capture will often be offset by ticket losses from an aggressive capture.

The Behemoths are supposed to be the vehicle that allows comebacks now. Used effectively they can change momentum, but generally I only see them make the difference in games which were quite close anyway (i.e. only barely qualified for behemoth deployment).

Daigoro

Playing conquest all day long and haven't played on Sinai Desert a single time. What happened to the map? Lol
Always choosing quick match for conquest.
The last time i played on the map, was like a week ago.

i know you mentioned this yesterday and i meant to respond. i just played it yesterday. it was terrible as always. maybe they decreased its frequency?

cant wait for the revamp

i swear i think its actually bugged. far away stuff sounds like its right next to you sometimes and some stuff seems completely silent.

hope they address it in a patch.

The Beard

When kills didn't cost tickets (DICE's original implementation), it was easier to make comebacks because you could be more aggressive trying to take flags without affecting the score.

After the Beta, based on player feedback (which is always a dangerous thing IMHO, because players are rarely good game designers) they introduced a hybrid system where kills factor in as well. That makes aggressive flag capping to try and initiate a comeback much less workable in my experience, because gains from the flag capture will often be offset by ticket losses from an aggressive capture.

The Behemoths are supposed to be the vehicle that allows comebacks now. Used effectively they can change momentum, but generally I only see them make the difference in games which were quite close anyway (i.e. only barely qualified for behemoth deployment).

It was a half-assed solution to try and fix the shitty new system. Just go back to classic Conquest with ticket bleed. This new system is a big step backwards.

Behemoths are really lame also.

With all the rank 10 class weapons almost unlocked, I'll probably start working on the Pilot/Tanker rank 10 guns. I've rarely played in vehicles since launch. My top vehicle right now is the QF 1 AA with 69 kills. :p
The pilots probably get to use their weapons occasionally after bailing out, but as a tanker you should always go down with your ship (tank) anyway. I've fired my weapon about twice as a tanker I think (generally when I got out to repair while my buddy took over the main gun), so I wouldn't worry too much about levelling up the tanker class :)

Surfinn

Haha, I'm a tank guy myself (have been since 1942). I actually agree, I think tanks are fine now. The Beta was a different story, but the damage changes for infantry weapons like the dynamite and AT Rocket made a big difference.

I don't have a problem with the repair tool either, it rewards teamwork and I love that.

If a team wants to take out a tank, the tank will get taken out. Tanks are only OP if the enemy team refuses to try and take them out.
While I completely agree with you, the repair tool has no cool down. In BF4, there was, and it worked well. Spamming repair is cheap. It shouldn't just be about some dude holding down M1 forever.

WillyFive

Tanks will never be nerfed?

They want them to be OP?

They need to kept OP, it would make the game way too infantry focused; Battlefield is about ground troops, vehicles, planes, and boats all fighting together. It needs to take a squad working together to take down a tank.

One of BF4's notable weaknesses was it's super weak vehicles, with tanks that could be destroyed by one person and airplanes that could be shot down from the ground without even needing to aim.

They need to kept OP, it would make the game way too infantry focused; Battlefield is about ground troops, vehicles, planes, and boats all fighting together. It needs to take a squad working together to take down a tank.

One of BF4's notable weaknesses was it's super weak vehicles, with tanks that could be destroyed by one person and airplanes that could be shot down from the ground without even needing to aim.
This. Tanks are balanced IMO, it is quite easy to take out a Light Tank solo and Heavy tanks should require effort. If anything the Landship and all it's variants are too weak and need to be buffed.

The Dude

Hats off to pilots, seriously... It's so hard to get decent at this. It seems so fun, I never been a flight guy but this just seems worth it to learn. I just need that click moment.

Pastry

Banned
Had a really hard time getting battlepacks these past couple of days even when in the top 5, hope the patch addressed this.

Top Bottom