• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

No Love

Banned
Yeah, I highlighted those changes further up as well. Now you'll only be stuck with no squad orders for a maximum of 60 seconds until either you or another requesting squad member is promoted. This is a great change.

Amazing change. No more asshole squad leaders that are oblivious and don't give orders.

Amazing work DICE.

chiliboy

I must say they have surprised me - absolutely 100 % awesome patch. I was very negative before. I will try the game tonight and see how it feels! So many of my complaints have been adressed. Hopefully the airplanes aren't too OP now :)

They will probably look at heavy tanks in the next patch ;)

Will test 10-A hunter tonight and see if it feels more consistent now!
I see no reason not to run the automatico trench now though :p Its so silly.

skynidas

Banned
Got these two legendaries in the first battlepack that I opened post patch

CxThO5_WgAA1ys5.jpg

CxThWH-WQAE51-d.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
But what about HDR support! Clowns

They're not clowns, they focused on improving the experience for the whole player base.
They can target PS4 PRO at a later date.

The Patch is huuuuuuge!! Kudos to DICE!

since the update, in a one and a half hours playing I already got 4 server disconnected errors :(

Anyone having a similar issue?
Yaiks

Redders

I know the winning will be easier like hell attacking but god damn.... the defending. Kaiserslacht last night is the closest we've come to losing a defending game EVER. Second sector of the second map.

I have a feeling we'll be finding more of that.

I would think so to, wonder how much difference it will make to the length of defending matches also.

splattered

Dang I read so many of the fixes and still some to go through... Did they fix the bug where you act like you're in slow motion after getting revived? Seems like you have to switch weapons back and forth to clear it. Also when I get revived a lot of times it feels like I am facing the opposite direction I died and have my back to an enemy that is shooting at us and I die again anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are we talking about different things? I'm not talking about regular weapon recoil. I'm speaking about the LMG's of the support class specifically. No matter what you do, the first set of bullets (or the set of bullets after the first bullet) fly around very randomly, making it very difficult to hit anyone unless you're at close range. For guns that are made primarily for a mid-long range supportive role, this is not the best idea in my opinion.

Bullet Deviance is stupid and should've been gone from the open beta. But at least most guns aren't hip-firing lasers now like they were then?

I agree that for LMG's they shouldn't have that first-shot deviance, but I'm coming from BF3/4 where LMG's were suppression hosing machines. Tap-firing them for accuracy and anybody you missed was screwed in regards to trying to fire back unless they got lucky with tap-firing as well.

Quitting out between matches just took me over a minute I think. That's...long.

Probably due to loading the next map. It seems like DICE can't put in a "halt and move to the menu" function in Frostbite.

Took me ages to crawl along that beach to get close enough to damage the thing and I was chipping away at it for a while with limpets and AT nades. I was waiting for ages for you all to spawn on me but you kept getting revived
(probably by Redders)
and never had to respawn. Then out of nowhere there was a full on charge with everyone racing to get the final shot in.

The Kaisertown operation last night was great. I much prefer it when we have to work hard and not just stomp all over the other team like Oil of Empires.

Bullet Deviance is stupid and should've been gone from the open beta. But at least most guns aren't hip-firing lasers now like they were then?

I agree that for LMG's they shouldn't have that first-shot deviance, but I'm coming from BF3/4 where LMG's were suppression hosing machines. Tap-firing them for accuracy and anybody you missed was screwed in regards to trying to fire back unless they got lucky with tap-firing as well.

Probably due to loading the next map. It seems like DICE can't put in a "halt and move to the menu" function in Frostbite.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think the first shot is actually accurate, after that, there are a bunch of bullets that go all over the place, and as you continue to hold the trigger, it regains a normal recoil pattern. I haven't played a Battlefield game where this has ever been present. The suppression effect I don't care much about. I just want my bullets to go where I'm aiming when I use good recoil control.

Hip fire is pretty strong for numerous guns in this game. I don't know if that's a bad thing though.

Maybe. Whatever the reason is, that's a longtime to wait just to get back to the menus.

Hjod

Banned
Hey could they please fix the bloody medals? Other than that I'm pleased even if they increased the recoil on the BAR haha.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Buckshot multipliers have been changed so you don't get so much inconsistency. This is probably a stealth "Won't kill from stupid distance' change
AHAH! So you DO admit that the 10A is OP! XD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Buckshot multipliers have been changed so you don't get so much inconsistency. This is probably a stealth "Won't kill from stupid distance' change

Good. That was my issue with the shotgun. Able to kill at "WTF that shouldn't be possible" ranges.

terrible

Banned
Took me ages to crawl along that beach to get close enough to damage the thing and I was chipping away at it for a while with limpets and AT nades. I was waiting for ages for you all to spawn on me but you kept getting revived
(probably by Redders)
and never had to respawn. Then out of nowhere there was a full on charge with everyone racing to get the final shot in.

The Kaisertown operation last night was great. I much prefer it when we have to work hard and not just stomp all over the other team like Oil of Empires.

Haha yeah, I spawned on you as soon as I could but with all the revives going around it took ages.

I don't know how you managed to get there without a random sniper bullet KOing you. That round was absolutely filled with wookies, at one point I got so annoyed I took to the hills and cleared out a pretty bad infestation.

Firebrand

"Fix for an issue where a player could be catapulted if moving while proning between two structures"
Thank Dog. I'm guessing you'll still be nudged if rotating while prone in a corner, but I've been avoiding prone in tight spaces since I flew out of the building and into the open. X)

"Fixed an issue where underwater VFX would trigger when taking damage above water"
Wonder if this is why I was once swimming when changing plane seats...!

bosseye

I might have missed it - did they fix the bug where occasionally running into the area occupied by a crashed Zeppelin would kill you ("Killed in Action")?

"Fix for an issue where a player could be catapulted if moving while proning between two structures"

Thank Dog. I'm guessing you'll still be nudged if rotating while prone in a corner, but I've been avoiding prone in tight spaces since I flew out of the building and into the open. X)

I wish that going prone in this game worked like Rainbow Six Siege. In that game your character doesn't glitch and bounce around hen you are prone.

The key is that they will seamlessly switch between lying on their front or back.

tr1p1ex

maybe DX12 will be viable now.

Didn't see a fix for the horse appearing to be farther away than it actually is in melee combat. Gotten used to it tho.

Xater

Play in conquest has already significantly improved thanks to the mutiny feature.

Also this might be a placebo effect but I think performance improved slightly as well. (Xbox One)

Top Bottom