• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lazybones18 said:
5000 Likes eh? Wonder if it will take as much time as it took to get 1 million Likes on the 12min SP footage from Facebook

Now it's 500 likes. Should be done in an hour or so.

iSbfl.png

Ubersnug

I have a question for the Medal of Honor Tier 1 edition owners.

Have you received an email yet confirming your early access to the Battlefield 3 Beta? If so, did you have to register your copy anywhere specifically? As I've had the game for months, played the MP for close to 24 hours, registered the game in the EA gun club and added it to 'My Games' on the EA site - yet I've not had an email confirming my access to the Beta. Checked my Spam folder and what not, and nothing was there.

My friend who bought his copy the same time as me received his email about 2 days ago.

Sn4ke_911

Nostalgia~4ever said:
yeah and then we have New York City confirmed as well. How many maps did BC2 ship with?

I think they released the game with 10 maps.

CozMick

Banned
EA said:
Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor™ Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

You lie to me EA......why do you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie?!?! :'(

Sn4ke_911

Nostalgia~4ever said:
that's reasonable. I hope for a snow map.

This is probably my most wanted question for BF3.

Will there be any rain and snow maps?

I'm a sucker for great weather effects (like RDR)

derFeef

CozMick said:
You lie to me EA......why do you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie?!?! :'(
You got confirmation for the Beta, which starts in September as it is written in that E-Mail.

That said, I got nothing and seem to be in the same boat as Ubersnug.

Sn4ke_911

Ubersnug said:
I have a question for the Medal of Honor Tier 1 edition owners.

Have you received an email yet confirming your early access to the Battlefield 3 Beta? If so, did you have to register your copy anywhere specifically? As I've had the game for months, played the MP for close to 24 hours, registered the game in the EA gun club and added it to 'My Games' on the EA site - yet I've not had an email confirming my access to the Beta. Checked my Spam folder and what not, and nothing was there.

My friend who bought his copy the same time as me received his email about 2 days ago.

Yeah same here. I have the Limited Edition with the Battlefield 3 beta sticker on the case but still no E-mail. Gotta say i'm a little bit worried :/

CozMick

Banned
Gravijah said:
But this is an Alpha.

Granted, :(

*checks further down emails received*

But look what we have here, an Alpha code for Battlefield 3 that I can't play because my PC is weak as piss :\

How should I go about giving it away on GAF? :p (if it's not associated with my EA account)

Sn4ke_911

CozMick said:

But look what we have here, an Alpha code for Battlefield 3 that I can't play because my PC is weak as piss :\

How should I go about giving it away on GAF? :p (if it's not associated with my EA account)

cat-begging-gif.gif

Yaska

CozMick said:

I think you just made hundreds of friends :D

demolitio

CozMick said:

To the first person to respond to your post whose forum name starts with a "d".

Do I win!?!?!

mitheor

CozMick said:

You know that i love you right? :3

demolitio

CozMick said:
AMD 64 3000+, 2gb of ram, and a Ati 2600HD 512mb ;)

Yeah it's been a while since I was PC gaming. haha
Damn. Do you plan on upgrading for BF3 or get it on console? I'm surprised at how many people have been building rigs just for this game...lol

CozMick said:

Send me a pm with the key and your name so i can give it to my first born

CozMick

Banned
jgminto said:
Give it to whoever can record the most footage and post it here.

That sounds like an extremely great idea.

So who can post videos by the hour? we want all classes, all vehicles, every square inch of the maps explored and all in glorious "HD"

mitheor

CozMick said:

So who can post videos by the hour? we want all classes, all vehicles, every square inch of the maps explored and all in glorious "HD"

Volunteer ... as everyone here :p

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
So Gaf went gaga for the trailer and gameplay footage, now Gaf is shitting all over youtube videos of alpha multiplayer and saying it looks worse than BFBC2...

That's in my book sad. Zero attention span dislike/like switch.

All the trailers I have seen so far, and including the 12 minute SP footage all looks insane. I will play this on my PC and I will be surprised unless the game is massively downgraded.

Heck, even the PS3 footage from that talk show looked great. This part of Gaf I really don't like.

demolitio

Sn4ke_911 said:
First come, first serve? :p
Rock, Paper, Scissors?

...VOLCANO! I win!

Edit: Posting footage seems kind of sketchy given how some have been shut down so I'd be afraid of ruining any chances in the beta. Playing it safe is better than finding out the hard way that they don't like shit being posted, especially on a big forum like this where it might get attention.

Nabs

Thunderbear said:
So Gaf went gaga for the trailer and gameplay footage, now Gaf is shitting all over youtube videos of alpha multiplayer and saying it looks worse than BFBC2...

That's in my book sad. Zero attention span dislike/like switch.

All the trailers I have seen so far, and including the 12 minute SP footage all looks insane. I will play this on my PC and I will be surprised unless the game is massively downgraded.

Heck, even the PS3 footage from that talk show looked great. This part of Gaf I really don't like.

Who is this Gaf person?

Keasar

I wonder if I should check with EA Support about the beta confirmation email.

Izayoi said:
Is there still a way to get the limited edition?

I found mine in the bargain shelves of a local Gamestop store. PC version for about 10-12 dollars. It was the only one among a few ordinary editions of the game. So I would advise checking there.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
!Yay!

CozMick

Banned
I'm delaying like a mofo (sorry :\) because to be honest I want someone who can post video footage who is willing to put there EA/Youtube account on the line, but also Sn4ke_911 quoted me first.

what to do gaf, what to do?

demolitio

CozMick said:
I'm delaying like a mofo (sorry :\) because to be honest I want someone who can post video footage who is willing to put there EA/Youtube account on the line, but also Sn4ke_911 quoted me first.

what to do gaf, what to do?
Do what you want in the end. We can joke and beg all we want but it's your call whether or not you can find someone willing to give a good amount of footage and feedback. Unlisted videos only posted on here maybe?

Ubersnug

Keasar said:
I wonder if I should check with EA Support about the beta confirmation email.

I contacted their online support yesterday and this is what was said:

Hi, my name is Smarika. How may I help you?
Me: hi there
Smarika: hello
Me: I see that people who own the Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor are receiving emails confirming that they have their space reserved in the Battlefield 3 Beta.
Me: Currently I have not yet received my email
Me: I was wondering if maybe the emails are going out in stages or if my account had been missed.
Me: is there anyway you can chase this up or confirm that I will be receiving an email?
Smarika: Okay
Smarika: Please give me your EA email address which you used for preorder.
Me: Well, the email address I use is XXXX@XXXX.XXX.
Me: I was under the assumption that by having registered the Tier 1 edition with my Xbox Live gamertag then I would be automatically registered.
Me: This is for the Xbox 360
Smarika: Do you have order number with you?
Me: No, as I have not actually pre-ordered anything directly with Electronic Arts.
Me: However, I purchased the Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor which comes with access to Battlefield 3 beta
Me: A friend who purchased medal of honor at the same time as me has received their email confirming their access to the Battlefield 3 beta.
Smarika: May I please know where did you preorder from?
Me: Im confused. There was no preorder
Me: Having the Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor is meant to guarantee me access to the Battlefield 3 beta
Me: with no need for a pre-order
Smarika: Where did you purchase from?
Me: I purchased Medal of Honor from Gamestation in the UK
Me: However, I fail to see the relevance.
Smarika: Ok
Me: My friend, who purchased Medal of Honor Tier 1 edition at the same time as me received an email confirming his beta access because he had been playing the Tier 1 edtion of Medal of Honor.
Smarika: Thank you for waiting I have confirmed that mails are being sent randomly for the keys and its continued.
Smarika: So I would request you to please wait for that much time so that the key can be mailed to you also.
Me: Ah, so emails are still being sent out then.
Smarika: Yes
Me: Is there an estimated date for when all the emails will be sent by?
Smarika: As of now. No. Its still continued.
Me: Thanks for anwsering my question
Smarika: Welcome.
Smarika: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: nope, that is all thanks
Me: appreciate your time
Smarika: Thank you;.
Smarika: Thank you for your participation. Have a wonderful day. For future reference, a transcript of this chat can be found within the ‘My Stuff’ above.
Smarika: Bye
Me: bye

Albeit, a confusing conversation, but the impression is that the emails are being sent out in stages.

YoungFa

CozMick said:

I can. I just got a new dedicated HDD only for FRAPS. Does it have to be full HD?

demolitio

derFeef said:
I am not sure the demand of video capture/streaming is a good idea. It is NDA'd, right?
Yea with most videos getting taken down but reuploaded over and over again. Only unlisted videos would last and even then it'd probably get taken down given the popularity of this forum.

whyman

derFeef said:
I am not sure the demand of video capture/streaming is a good idea. It is NDA'd, right?

Yupp and Ea would shut that account down asap. Censored (names etc) 1080 vids would be better.

Freki

demolitio said:
Yea with most videos getting taken down but reuploaded over and over again. Only unlisted videos would last and even then it'd probably get taken down given the popularity of this forum.

There are other video platforms than youtube + filehoster ;-)

demolitio

All this hype sure did make me return to BC2 after getting a little bored of it. If it had more maps in the first year, I could have played it for even longer, but those maps get sick after a while when it's the same old thing each time. I did love shooting blackhawks down every game though. :p

Steam is demolitio2 if anyone is down for some BC2 sometime. I just want BF3 to make objectives and teamwork way more important than kills because it's a little ridiculous when I had 7 guys on my team playing as snipers and camping in our spawn or trying to camp their spawn for easy kills. We ended up getting rocked until my friend helped me out.

Top Bottom