• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Arnie

Mr_Brit said:
The negatives far outweigh the positives. Whilst in a sense it makes it more fair, it also makes it much less fun to use vehicles especially now that most of them will be using cameras with HUD everywhere instead of your PC looking out a hole or window.
I'm a fan of balance rather than all out fun in an unbalanced sense. If I'm running up on the side of a tank with C4 it's ridiculous for him to see me. Sure this might be fun for you, with an overpowered tank, but for the infantry trying to take it out it sure isn't. Tanks are powerful enough as it is, let alone with a significantly enhanced vision of the Battlefield.

I take that same mantra with all vehicles, and especially now they don't strictly explode.

Mr_Brit said:
Is this AlienShogun's alt?
:lol

Rapefrog said:
reported, you can't do this and you knwo it.
Oh come on. You're just jelly that you didn't get a code.

Looking at the calibre of people who got in on Youtube Snake would be a much better benefactor of a code than most. He's a hardcore Battlefield fan who'll give constructive feedback to DICE.

Kyaw

I hate the fact that they have 'unlocks' for tanks/jets etc.

I want to have the ability to launch smoke screen/flares, use night vision and use all the other available features of the vehicles. Higher damage or faster reload perks are just stupid...

Just make it easier for the infantry itself to take out the tanks to balance it out...

3D spotting it fine... it's for like 5 secs... but apparently 3D spotting it more ambiguous this time, they don't move with the enemy if he went outside of your view.

Mr_Brit said:
It's probably because console controllers don't have enough buttons to have everything unlocked.

/sigh... always the consoles.. eh?

Mr_Brit

Banned
Kyaw said:
I hate the fact that they have 'unlocks' for tanks/jets etc.

I want to have the ability to launch smoke screen/flares, use night vision and use all the other available features of the vehicles. Higher damage or faster reload perks are just stupid...

Just make it easier for the infantry itself to take out the tanks to balance it out...
It's probably because console controllers don't have enough buttons to have everything unlocked.

Arnie

Mr_Brit said:
Probably more of a balance issue. Not everything comes down to, "Have enough buttons? Throw it all in there"

Kyaw said:
3D spotting it fine... it's for like 5 secs... but apparently 3D spotting it more ambiguous this time, they don't move with the enemy if he went outside of your view.

3D spotting can probably be disabled server side though. Especially since DICE think BF3 is important for Esport crowd.

Kyaw

Server-side options are always welcomed. I want mod-tools damnit!

Imagine Project Reality/Forgotten Hope in Frostbite 2... of course DICE things modders are too stupid or something.

Actually it's to do with licensing the 3rd party elements like Havoc Physics/ANT animation etc. Apparently it would cost millions to license them to release it.

Arnie

Rapefrog said:
no, it's not, you can't give out alpha keys to untrusted sources, which he just did.
Are you fucking kidding me. The selection process for keys already isn't exactly an FBI calibre data sweep. Some people are just getting lucky because of a combination of veteran status and newsletter signup. Hell there've been people in this thread who've got keys but don't even have a compatible PC. How are they trusted sources?

Again, I'll repeat, you're just jelly because he got a key and you didn't.

If there was one guy on Neogaf who I'd say was a trusted source for an Alpha key it would be Snake, he's the first and last in any Battlefield threads and he's also an open minded fan who understands the game isn't going to be exactly the same as Battlefield 2.

"Trusted sources" my arse, Usamaftw isn't a trusted source.

Found an invite in my inbox this morning! Wasn't expecting, or even trying to get one. I'm a huge Battlefield fan, but I was content with waiting on release.

Not sure what my vet status is, but I own every Battlefield product save the original Vietnam.

Mr_Brit said:
Is this AlienShogun's alt?

i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there%202.jpg

Arnie

MrCompletely said:
Found an invite in my inbox this morning! Wasn't expecting, or even trying to get one. I'm a huge Battlefield fan, but I was content with waiting on release.

Not sure what my vet status is, but I own every Battlefield product save the original Vietnam.
Congrats good man. You must be a "trusted source".

;)

Feature

Banned
Rapefrog said:
no, it's not, you can't give out alpha keys to untrusted sources, which he just did.

*insert the biggest face palm picture you've ever seen here*

get over yourself boy jesus christ. Because a random picked person that has bought an earlier EA game is a "trusted source" right?

Mr_Brit said:
It should run decently at medium on 720p.

Don't get any more RAM though. If you want to upgrade, then get a brand new PC as any money spent on your current one would be a waste.
For like 100 dollars he can get a second hand gtx 460 and an extra 2GB more ram and then his pc will be JUST FINE.

SMH @ some of the hardware advice here.

Telling people their c2q is worthless, ...

Nostalgia~4ever said:
It seems that there might not be a 3rd person view for the vehicles. I dont think it is a big deal though.
What? they did away with all the camera angles that you could use (behind, left, right etc AND freelook ) AND cockpit cam with freelook from bf1942?

As a vehicle player I am not happy about this at all, that royally sucks.

Kyaw

All the alpha keys are randomly given out to newsletter emails/veterans. No trust or logical process there.

But there is a NDA. NDAs are broken all the time, we want to see footage, people supply it.
Just keep in mind that this is not reflective of the final quality of the product.

Rapefrog said:
Oh please. It's a glorified demo. The keys and NDAs are just retarded.

"Untrusted sources"? What's he going to do with it other than play the game, for fucks sake.

CozMick

Banned
I am a Veteran 6 BF player but nowadays I don't have a capable enough PC to play, this is why I gave the code away.

Rather give it to someone who will gather feedback for DICE than for it to go wasted.

*erases Battlefield 4 code giveaway off my to do list :\*

CozMick said:
I am a Veteran 6 BF player but nowadays I don't have a capable enough PC to play, this is why I gave the code away.

Rather give it to someone who will gather feedback for DICE than for it to go wasted.

*erases Battlefield 4 code giveaway off my to do list :\*
Nah, you did the right thing. If you can't play it, give it to someone who can.

He's just bitter and/or deluded about the exclusivity of this demo.

Holy crap, I also got an invite.

For other folks: I was Battlefield Veteran rank 2 yesterday until I contacted support and registered other keys and jumped up to rank 4. Crucially, I signed up for the Battlefield newsletter yesterday as well.

Best of luck people.

So, daily invite waves confirmed?

grkazan12

How high of a veteran status do you need to have in order to get a key? I saw that I have a 2 and wtf it says I didn't play a game of BC2.

grkazan12 said:
How high of a veteran status do you need to have in order to get a key? I saw that I have a 2 and wtf it says I didn't play a game of BC2.
I had the same when i registered for veteran a few days ago. I think it will refresh itself after a while.

That BC2 site hasn't tracked any of my stats for BC2, despite playing it for about 5 hours now.

Odd.

Edit: Nevermind, now it has. Must've needed to connect first.

Top Bottom