• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Anyone else obsessively checking their email every 10-15 minutes for the beta invite? I only bought the MoH LE (360) a few weeks ago when I found one at Best Buy for $20.

LordCanti

digita1alchemy said:
Anyone else obsessively checking their email every 10-15 minutes for the beta invite? I only bought the MoH LE (360) a few weeks ago when I found one at Best Buy for $20.

No, but I did just install my second Nvidia beta driver in history. That's something I wouldn't do for any other game.

I just hope Microcenter is open late tomorrow, in case my rig isn't quite up to the task.

Idiots wont give out keys early, i contacted EA support and they said tough titty wait till tomorrow.

So your email might not arrive straight away because of mass emailings, then you have the fun of everyone hammering origin at once.

Technically by the time i would have been able to download it assuming i dont get a key till late tomorrow im going to miss all off the early access i bought MOH:LE for.

Good job EA.

Menelaus, you should probably put somewhere in bold in the OP that there is no definite info yet on when keys will be released, other than "tomorrow". Some MOH owners have gotten emails, letting them know they'll get their keys on Tuesday.

n0n44m

fin said:
What vnc software u using?

Windows Remote Desktop works fine for me once you open the right port on your router :)

but I've got faaast internet at home and at University so YMMV

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Menelaus, you should probably put somewhere in bold in the OP that there is no definite info yet on when keys will be released, other than "tomorrow". Some MOH owners have gotten emails, letting them know they'll get their keys on Tuesday.
done

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know why I was under the impression that getting into the BF3 beta would be luck-based, but I'm very happy to hear everyone will be able to play.

I really wish I didn't have to use Origin to download the beta, though...

Beta screens popping up:

kxmDK.png

VBy0h.jpg

desu

Mr. Snrub said:

Are there any screens of said mails? Havent seen anthing like that.

Sethos

Banned
What the hell is AA Post?

Post-processing I assume but ... what, how, wut?

Oh and SSAO is being turned off right away, biggest most useless FPS hog in gaming and it's the reason they keep claiming you need SLI.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Menelaus said:
You'll have to have it for retail, so get used to it now (and join the PC community thread!)

I might just do that!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sethos said:
What the hell is AA Post?

Post-processing I assume but ... what, how, wut?

Was just about to ask, I was under the impression that post AA was somekind of vaseliney pseudo AA when the game couldn't do good ol MSAA?

desu said:
Are there any screens of said mails? Havent seen anthing like that.

I'll try to find it, but there are some screens out there. I was going to post them yesterday, but since the e-mail was specifically address to MOH Tier One owners, didn't think that fit the majority of us. You'll just have to trust me until I find them.
grin.gif

desu

Mr. Snrub said:
I'll try to find it, but there are some screens out there. I was going to post them yesterday, but since the e-mail was specifically address to MOH Tier One owners, didn't think that fit the majority of us. You'll just have to trust me until I find them.
grin.gif

Alright!

Anyway, at least keybinding is in!

Live stream starting tomorrow, in case non-early access want to view the goods: http://electromodo.blogspot.com/2011/09/battlefield-3-early-beta-stream.html

Angry Fork

Gonna try it out on PC. My video card will probably only be able to handle it on medium unfortunately even though the rest of my specs are fine. I hope the game runs good because I really don't want to shell out 3-400.

Anyway PC gaf add me on Steam I mainly play TF2 but if BF3 runs good i'll probably switch to that this fall as my main multiplayer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/angryfork

Spl1nter

happy to see that the beta will let us switch teams. Hopefully squad creation is up to snuff as well and not just find squad bullshit.

arts&crafts said:
Is my 5770 good enough to enjoy this game? I mean it beats the minimum requirements but it looks really gpu intensive.

yes of course. You will be able to play the game very comfortably on medium.

DSN2K

arts&crafts said:
Is my 5770 good enough to enjoy this game? I mean it beats the minimum requirements but it looks really gpu intensive.

Medium/Low settings at a modest res you will be OK.

Kibbles

Judging off the Early Access Portal it makes you type in a code... does this mean I could've pre-ordered from Origin and used the access code to get a 360 beta code instead? But of course, now it's too late because they don't want any more pre-orders. *rage face*

TheLegendOfMart said:
Idiots wont give out keys early, i contacted EA support and they said tough titty wait till tomorrow.

So your email might not arrive straight away because of mass emailings, then you have the fun of everyone hammering origin at once.

Technically by the time i would have been able to download it assuming i dont get a key till late tomorrow im going to miss all off the early access i bought MOH:LE for.

Good job EA.

Bu bu I thought you weren't even interested in it now.

DSN2K

Im going to guess my settings of choice already....

RES : 1080p
Textures : HIGH
Shadows : MEDIUM
EFFECTS : ULTRA
MESH : MEDIUM
TERRAIN : MEDIUM
TERRAIN DECORATION : MEDIUM
AA DEF : 2XMSAA
AA POST MEDIUM
MOTION BLUR : OFF
AF : 16x
AMBIENT OCCLUSIONS : OFF