• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

vidal said:
That video made me sad because it reminded me that BF3 will never be able to touch the likes of 1942.

THIS.

This is what Battlefield is all about peeps. To this date, Battlefield 1942 has been the game where I laughed my arse off so hard it was hurting. Battlefield 2 was good, lots of fun, but damn I miss the "shit this is crazy" moments I had in "1942.

Watched the video with the stinger, that was good as well, the music nailed it but vidal said, won't be able to touch. Sadly.

Not saying the game wont be fun! Not at all, I enjoyed this beta and had lots of fun as an engineer, both in metro and on caspian.

woober

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
THIS.

This is what Battlefield is all about peeps. To this date, Battlefield 1942 has been the game where I laughed my arse off so hard it was hurting. Battlefield 2 was good, lots of fun, but damn I miss the "shit this is crazy" moments I had in "1942.

Watched the video with the stinger, that was good as well, the music nailed it but vidal said, won't be able to touch. Sadly.

Not saying the game wont be fun! Not at all, I enjoyed this beta and had lots of fun as an engineer, both in metro and on caspian.

The crazy silly stuff is definitely what I enjoy most out of the Battlefield series. It's probably why I enjoyed Bad Company less than the mainline series. It's all just shooting and nothing much on the side if you want to do something else.

Caspian Border brings back the feeling of freedom and I hope there's more they haven't told us about, especially the squad leader abilities. Last I heard, they can call down artillery, which I assume is different from mortars that support has?

J-Rzez

Metalmurphy said:
They don't even try to hide it...

NVrog.jpg

What exactly is this guy doing? Didn't DICE say they were going to ban these people, from Origin as well?

J-Rzez said:
What exactly is this guy doing? Didn't DICE say they were going to ban these people, from Origin as well?

He was sitting on the base, on a jet plane, and his shots were going directly to everyone on the map

F#A#Oo

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Can someone explain to me where's the fun in that?

Maybe he does it so he can unlock stuff...without actually having to grind or a pay $$$.

Personally for me...the fun is in the grinding...but then I like RPG's...so...

He's an asshole...

markot

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Dont be silly, he is just hacking, not using an UNAUTHENTIC SERVERRRRRRRR!

the unlock system is one of the worst things to ever occur this gen for mp games. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd be willing to drop 10 bucks to unlock everything, sick of this bullshit in shooters.

It's fine in rpgs and stuff but this is ridiculous. Not to mention you only unlock for one team.

FStop7

Banned
Man, Caspian Border is all about the Engineers, isn't it?

With a suppressed UMP, Stinger missiles, and AT mines I can pretty much wreak havoc on everyone else. Choppers? Forget it. Jets? They flee in terror. Tanks and jeeps? Whoops, how did that mine feel going up your butts? Infantry? Putputputputput hey check out my quiet, overpowered gun.

J-Rzez

Metalmurphy said:
He was sitting on the base, on a jet plane, and his shots were going directly to everyone on the map

WTF wow. So was it the jet shooting or him using a soldier weapon? And he would just shoot in random directions and get kills? How does that even work? I'm surprised that first someone figured out how to pull this off, secondly, that DICE didn't catch this yet and ban them.

markot

Banned
Discotheque said:
the unlock system is one of the worst things to ever occur this gen for mp games. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd be willing to drop 10 bucks to unlock everything, sick of this bullshit in shooters.

It's fine in rpgs and stuff but this is ridiculous. Not to mention you only unlock for one team.
Damn Straight. Its so stupid that its dumbness is unquantifiable.

Also pretty much half the team have to be engineers in caspian >_< its kinda dumbly.

Another few hours in the AA tank and about 8 jets suicided into me, only 1 of them disabled my vehicle the rest barely scratched.

AA tank is a lot of fun once you figure out how to use it and start getting unlocks, it's very hard to get kills with it until u get the AA missile, but then it gets a bit easier.

J-Rzez said:
WTF wow. So was it the jet shooting or him using a soldier weapon? And he would just shoot in random directions and get kills? How does that even work? I'm surprised that first someone figured out how to pull this off, secondly, that DICE didn't catch this yet and ban them.

It was the jet, and he didn't even have to aim, you'd see tracer bullets going off in all directions, some even to the side.

F#A#Oo said:
Maybe he does it so he can unlock stuff...without actually having to grind or a pay $$$.

Personally for me...the fun is in the grinding...but then I like RPG's...so...

He's an asshole...

An Eagle and lvl25, pretty sure he already had everything lol.

Just ran into a guy doing the exact same (well, in the sense of being 64-0 two minutes in the match exact) thing. Shit better get managed in the final release.

jaaz

FStop7 said:
Man, Caspian Border is all about the Engineers, isn't it?

With a suppressed UMP, Stinger missiles, and AT mines I can pretty much wreak havoc on everyone else. Choppers? Forget it. Jets? They flee in terror. Tanks and jeeps? Whoops, how did that mine feel going up your butts? Infantry? Putputputputput hey check out my quiet, overpowered gun.

I just played a few games against a cocky engineer that did exactly that all game, every game. I asked him in general chat what he was going to do when they nerf the PDWs (like the UMP) and pissed him off. Called me a CoD player that "didn't know nothing" or something like that. The irony of his comment of course made it all the more amusing...

FStop7

Banned
jaaz said:
I just played a few games against a cocky engineer that did exactly that all game, every game. I asked him in general chat what he was going to do when they nerf the PDWs (like the UMP) and pissed him off. Called me a CoD player that "didn't know nothing" or something like that. The irony of his comment of course made it all the more amusing...

PDWs really need a nerf. And so does the Stinger.

couldn't find a match all day, and when I finally got in one it was laggy as shit; instakills everywhere, sometimes before I saw a muzzle flash or by someone in the middle of a reload.

I'm done for the day. So long beta, it was fun.

FunBoy

Metalmurphy said:
They don't even try to hide it...

I ran into this igo2war c*nt tonight! As soon as you spawned his EOD killed you somehow, even if you spawned in a jet as well. I left pretty sharply.

Keasar

markot said:
Anyway to change your 'name' in game?
In the Alpha I somehow managed to get several "Soldiers" I could switch between with different names. Though I believe that was a result of when I did a namechange of my EA Master ID. On the top of the Battlelog I could switch by pressing on the "Active Soldier" name.

Max

I am not Max
How do I get motion blur to work? A friend told me he has it working, and another person said it isn't working with the beta

are his eyes broken

LEGGZZZZ

ii Stryker said:
Its an optional high rez texture install on the MP disc. Its unclear though as to what specific game modes these high rez textures will be available in.

Hopefully Multi, but my gut says campaign only :/

BadTaste

It's sooo annoying how many bad players there are on PS3...

Myself and 2 buddies joined a game, it was 9 vs. 9, we're defending and WE ARE CARRYING OUR TEAM, everyone else on our team was doing absolute shit (what's with people hanging back doing nothing miles away from the actual objectives?).

The enemy team was doing good, 7/9 of their players were fighting hard.

We put up a good fight but lost in the end.. us 3 squad members talking over skype just can't overcome 7 competent players on the opposite team, just fuck it all.

Firebrand

Hah, read the posts about cheating just before I launch BF3, and of course, someone is doing the exact same exploit on the server I join. He was killing dozens of people in seconds using a defib from the other side of the map.

Firebrand said:
Hah, read the posts about cheating just before I launch BF3, and of course, someone is doing the exact same exploit on the server I join. He was killing dozens of people in seconds using a defib from the other side of the map.
Lol you too huh? He was like 144-1.
I forgot to screen cap his name .
Pos.

Top Bottom