• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

mr_nothin

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Ya that approach is definitely a lot easier for the attackers now which is good. Looks like the mcom is also easier to arm.

Also have to say that the POV they are using looks a lot more like the head than from the chest than most other games.
It almost looks too easy...

Spl1nter

mr_nothin said:

to early to say.

I think the game will not get a lot of praise for art direction but it really is amazing. Everything is scaled so well in the game. In BC2 and MW you dont feel like you are in a properly sized world.

Manager said:
http://i.imgur.com/bItM1h.jpg

This, on a 560?

Is his framerate mentioned anywhere?

mr_nothin said:

+ full squad spawning = cakewalk, I'll bet.

Spl1nter said:
to early to say.

I think the game will not get a lot of praise for art direction but it really is amazing. Everything is scaled so well in the game. In BC2 and MW you dont feel like you are in a properly sized world.

Yeah, love the scale in this shot.

cBgU2.jpg

These screenshots are from a 560 Ti?!

SQWEEE!!!

*hugs PC*

I have a i5-2500k. I'm sure it'll hold up quite well with my GTX 560 Ti.

My new rig is justified!

derFeef

RoaringHawk said:
These screenshots are from a 560 Ti?!

SQWEEE!!!

*hugs PC*

I have a i5-2500k. I'm sure it'll hold up quite well with my GTX 560 Ti.

My new rig is justified!
What is it with people not believing screenshots was made on GPU X? I don't get it. His framerate could be 5fps fully cranked up... (it's not).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
desu said:
Just wait until tomorrow :).

I can't wait anymore!

But I also can't help but feel somewhat underwhelmed at those in-game shots. I really hope that's not what the game looks like maxed out.

Menelaus

Banned
Been reading comparisons of the 460 and 560ti...sounds like at most, the 560 can give you around 10 extra FPS, but usually 5-7. That's very, very good news for us dirty 460 peasants.

derFeef said:
What is it with people not believing screenshots was made on GPU X? I don't get it. His framerate could be 5fps fully cranked up... (it's not).

Relax dude, I was in the Alpha, I know I can run it. I'm just exaggerating.

I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow, and Really not looking forward to it at the same time. My classes start up tomorrow too. Well guess EA/DICE don't want me to pass my classes this term lol.

Gav47

So any word on wither or not the game has a working SLi/Crossfire profile yet? I had to drop my resolution in the Alpha.

squidyj

Talking about AO I'll repeat that I'm sort of sad they didn't get the triangle extruding, GPU crushing Ambient Occlusion Volumes in the game. If you check out the papers they've published on their website you can see the huge difference in quality. Absolutely massive.

LordCanti

soulassssns said:
I was thinking the same.

Was there a secret "even earlier" access? LOL

For gamestop managers, among other people.

Are we hearing in-game voip right now? Or is that part of the audio track?

woober

Menelaus said:
God, the ribbons take up WAY too much room on the HUD.

I see that you can tell if an enemy is a squad leader, and you get a buff for killing them. I'll pretend it was my tweet to demize about that that sealed the deal =)

Yeah, you need to play on a high resolution so the HUD doesn't block everything in your view. I had the same complaint until I played at 1200p and the HUD isn't as prominent.

derFeef

LordCanti said:
For gamestop managers, among other people.

Are we hearing in-game voip right now? Or is that part of the audio track?
Those are german people playing, and they sound young.

derFeef

LordCanti said:
Young an uhh...German? I think?

I can't tell if it's in-game voip or mumble/TC/Vent/etc.
That's what I just said, what? ;) I don't think those are gamestop managers, but who knows. Anyway, only one day wait.

LordCanti

There looks to be a ton more cover in the park.

derFeef said:
That's what I just said, what? ;) I don't think those are gamestop managers, but who knows. Anyway, only one day wait.

Reading on a touchpad, and my eyesight is terrrribbbleee :p

Top Bottom