• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 - Gameplay Debut [Update 2: First Direct Feed Screenshot In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Update:

10078_2.jpg

Original:

Enjoy. Site getting hammered right now.

See the first glimpse of in-game footage from Battlefield 3 as a U.S. Marine squad engages hostile PLR forces in Iraqi Kurdistan. Full mission reveal incoming. Stay tuned.

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/gameplay-debut

Youtube version thanks to EatChildren:
EatChildren said:

Great .GIF thanks to plainr_
plainr_ said:
Edit:

Three from derFeef in Post 330:

5c3a3cf9lmnn.gif

65b01c6domya.gif

44a5a373kmtb.gif

StuBurns

Banned
So MW3 is coming out this fall after all.

It looks very technically impressive, but it really showed nothing

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nice to see it debut with PC footage. The animations did look good, particularly on the weapon models while moving. I always thought the weapon motion looked a bit overexaggerated and goofy in the BC games. Hopefully we'll see more than a few quick cuts soon.

sk3tch

They really know how to tease with these videos. It's borderline ridiculous.

Looks impressive but you have to watch it like 2x to appreciate everything going on in those 43 seconds.

DaBuddaDa

Delicious PC footage. Pfaw I say to those who don't think current consoles vs. what a modern PC is capable of isn't a "generation leap." This shit looked crraazzy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
StuBurns said:
So MW3 is coming out this fall after all.

It looks very technically impressive, but it really showed nothing
Shortest gameplay debut ever.

Hanmik

looks amazing.. put fuck EA for the expansion pack stuff.. this is becoming an annoying trend..

and why all the flickering inbetween the cuts..? looks like dead space videos..

site is down T_T

edit: Saw that youtube link above. Damn that looks good. Hope campaign is fun. After the past few years, I'm pretty much convinced that I dev's have reached their creativity limits for a realistic modern shooter.

Xater

Holy shit this looks good. Also seems like it was all SP footage. Already saw stuff they did not with the Bad Company games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HOLY MONKEY FUCK. This looks unbelievable. I cant wait for the full reveal on march 1st.

Fersis

The site says:
Full mission reveal incoming. Stay tuned.

Sn4ke_911 said:
HOLY MONKEY FUCK. This looks unbelievable. I cant wait for the full reveal on march 1st.
March 1st? HYPED.

Menelaus

Banned
holy fuck my hype train just became a bullet train. dragging confirmed, the puff of dust when the soldier got shot in the chest is awesome, and it almost looks like there might be a mirror's edge kind of mechanic for getting around.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Menelaus said:
holy fuck my hype train just became a bullet train. dragging confirmed, the puff of dust when the soldier got shot in the chest is awesome, and it almost looks like there might be a mirror's edge kind of mechanic for getting around.
If there is Mirror's Edge-esque motion in this it would explain a lot of why ME2 was put on hold until after BF3 is done.

itxaka

Defeatist
TheOddOne said:
My reaction:

katy-perry-grabs-cheryl-o.gif

Pre-ordered.

Oh wait, that is not the game...

Looked fucking clean. Like, you know clean instead of that normal games textures and filters. Surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom