• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 E3 Livestream News Summary and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

params7

Banned
1080p, 60fps, 64p on consoles finally. I'm just so happy about that. Preordered for PS4.

Though spectator mode is not confirmed yet for consoles, have DICE said anything about that? Or are they just content with PS4/XB1's native streaming features?

Roland1979

ibuD5ADHsM8XII.gif

Amazing!

Menelaus

Banned
1080p, 60fps, 64p on consoles finally. I'm just so happy about that. Preordered for PS4.

Though spectator mode is not confirmed yet for consoles, have DICE said anything about that? Or are they just content with PS4/XB1's native streaming features?

Info is in the OP. "We'll see".

They did confirm no Battlecorder for consoles, as each one has it's own video upload capabilities.

I really hope TUGS is still included. My favorite item in the whole game. I also would be happy if the scope glint gets removed or that we can still remove it with lower power scopes. And scope sway/holding your breath for 5secs sucks too, the players are supposed to be trained soldiers not smokers with asthma.

Menelaus

Banned
Gemüsepizza;63667281 said:
I really hope TUGS is still included. My favorite item in the whole game. I also would be happy if the scope glint gets removed or that we can still remove it with lower power scopes. And scope sway/holding your breath for 5secs sucks too, the players are supposed to be trained soldiers not smokers with asthma.

TUGS is replaced by the throwable ball from BFBC2

Roland1979

TUGS is replaced by the throwable ball from BFBC2

I thought someone said they are both here now. Sensor balls for mobile (offensive) recon and TUGS for a more stationary (defensive) recon. Either someone wrote that or I heard it on the live stream. In any case I too hope it's still here.

TCRS

Banned
RPGs will also be able to lock on targets. What the hell is this shit? I don't want any lockable crap I hate them. I want to hone my skills with dumb rockets. No greater feeling then taking down a choper with those.

I thought someone said they are both here now. Sensor balls for mobile (offensive) recon and TUGS for a more stationary (defensive) recon. Either someone wrote that or I heard it on the live stream. In any case I too hope it's still here.

The TUGS icon is in-game, but I think it's a placeholder. There are screens of the recon ball in-game, but no TUGS.

Naked Lunch

DICE pretty much listened to every complaint/need from the hardcore BF community about BF3 to BF4. That list is pretty incredible. 64 players on consoles is of course the biggest of them all. Console gamers who have never played a past PC BF game - even those whove played all the console BF games are in for a real treat. 64 players is a whole new animal. The replay value is 10 fold with matches that big. You will never see the same match twice. So much more dynamic.

But...to be super picky:
-I was hoping for more than 4 classes. Engineer should have been split into 2 separate classes. Anti-tank class and vehicle repair class just like BF2. Pick your poison. The all-in-one engineer class of today's BF I am not a fan of.

-Also, I want to see the removal of mini map auto spotting when firing un-silenced guns. That wasn't in any previous Battlefield before BF3 - and is straight from Call of Duty. All spotting in old BFs were done manually by troops or commanders. Just firing your gun and getting spotted is weak. If its there - it should work like Counter Strike at least. Showing only the spot the shot was heard from. As it stands now in BF3 - you remain spotted for a good 1-2 seconds after you fire a single shot. Lame as hell. No mini-map hardcore mode fixes this of course - but then you have to deal with damage boost.

Menelaus

Banned
So there has been some discussion on whether or not the X1/PS4 would get spectator mode...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730256710580383/

we are happy to announce that Spectator Mode will definitely appear in Battlefield 4!

There is 0 mention of this being a PC only feature. If they were remotely thinking it might not make the consoles, you can be sure they'd be very guarded and saying "it's PC for now, hopefully we can get it on the consoles".

This is great news!

So there has been some discussion on whether or not the X1/PS4 would get spectator mode...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730256710580383/

There is 0 mention of this being a PC only feature. If they were remotely thinking it might not make the consoles, you can be sure they'd be very guarded and saying "it's PC for now, hopefully we can get it on the consoles".

This is great news!

Interesting. I heard Daniel Matros say "we'll see" when asked in the livestream about consoles.

feel

Gifs are incredible!

I wish they would let you roam the maps offline by youself so you could learn how to fly helicopters and etc without pressure.

vixlar

There is a video where the player is near a cracked window (not broken) and there is a soldier on the other side of that window, and the refraction trough the different parts of the cracked glass is amazing.

The TUGS is there. What I haven't seen yet is the beacon.

And I'm not sure if the grenade launcher and the mini shotgun will return for assault. (M320 and M26)

I haven't seen if the shotguns will have different kind of bullets this time.

And no claymore?

And for now, no chinese voices. I really wish they bring back foreign voices.

zma1013

If I recall correctly, in BF2 it would not let you spawn on your squad leader if he was under attack or that might have been simply for flag spawns. Regardless, they should implement that and remove spawn protection when spawning on squad members. It's so easy to abuse those few seconds of invulnerability to line up a headshot.

Also, assault class needs to be divided back into 2 separate classes, Assault and Medic. Who thought up the idea of giving the class with the best infantry weapons the ability to heal and revive?

Alienous

DUDES!!!

ITS FUCKING SPIELBERG.

EeQ6VsP.jpg

Battlefield movie incoming.

That's good, because he probably won't be seeing another Medal of Honor for awhile.

On a side note, who's going to enjoy playing the role of the Call of Duty commander? Doling out missiles and support packages based on the performance of particular squads.

zma1013

That's good, because he probably won't be seeing another Medal of Honor for awhile.

On a side note, who's going to enjoy playing the role of the Call of Duty commander? Doling out missiles and support packages based on the performance of particular squads.

The same people that did it in BF2 I suppose. Lots of people enjoyed dropping supply crates on snipers and throwing UAVs out in the middle of nowhere while generally ignoring the team.

vixlar

It was in one of the live gameplays, I think it was in the first one. I did watch it live, so I can't provide a link. Sorry.

I haven't seen the TUGS deployed, but there's one video where the player is in the class customization, and the TUGS is there.

The crossbones should be eliminated. It is kind of dumb that you kill someone silently but that icon in the map tells everyone you're there. At least, the crossbones must only appear if someone else see the corpse.

And the squad respawn must be like Medal of Honor. If the player is in combat, you shouldn't have the chance to respawn with him.

Menelaus

Banned
And the squad respawn must be like Medal of Honor. If the player is in combat, you shouldn't have the chance to respawn with him.

That's dumb, this isn't MoH. Spawning in the middle of a firefight is supremely Battlefield. It can often turn the tide of a skirmish.

Naked Lunch

Did we see BF4 medic revives in action? Im hoping they slowed down the process a bit - as it could be abused in BF3. Reviving 4 people in 4 seconds was a bit unfair. Medic trains all day.
If I recall correctly, in BF2 it would not let you spawn on your squad leader if he was under attack or that might have been simply for flag spawns. Regardless, they should implement that and remove spawn protection when spawning on squad members. It's so easy to abuse those few seconds of invulnerability to line up a headshot.

Also, assault class needs to be divided back into 2 separate classes, Assault and Medic. Who thought up the idea of giving the class with the best infantry weapons the ability to heal and revive?
Yep - the squad leader's spawn dot turned red when they were under fire and you could not spawn on them. I wouldn't mind that returning instead of the temp invulnerability.
Assault/Med would be a nice split too - but we are grasping at minor straws here - the majority of BF4's changes are fantastic. I couldn't be happier.

vixlar

Not quite sure what you're asking, but this is the pilot's view. The gunner has his own free cam tied to his gun.

The soldier in the front seat is the gunner. He moves all his body reacting to the angle of the helicopter. It is really cool.

Roland1979

Did we see BF4 medic revives in action? Im hoping they slowed down the process a bit - as it could be abused in BF3. Reviving 4 people in 4 seconds was a bit unfair. Medic trains all day.
During the live stream in the interview, think it was Karl-Magnus Troedsson, said the defibrillator get's a noticeable longer cool-down time, and of course you can still kill people with it. IMO When you get zapped back to live your vision should be a bit unfocused, lightly shake for a very short period and a little darker to make it clear you just got into conscious from DEATH, instead of jumping up and happily continuing like nothing happened. Als your hands and thus aim should shake lightly for a very short while to make it clear that you are full of adrenaline.

Looks and reads exactly like what we wanted from BF3 yet were pathetically ignored.
The most frustrating bit they ignored was the in-game VOIP. That was the most pathetic thing about BF3 on the PC.

I sure hope they do the right things this time. Still lack any support for the community, so I expect a continued feeling of disappointment. I'll buy this one when it goes on sale in February for 50% off.

/rant

PandaL

Weapon Combat
  • Range Meter on spotted enemies

Weapons List
  • Scorpion (PDW) – CZ 3A1
  • Stinger (Engineer)
  • QJY88 (CHINESE) CZ-805 (LMG – Ammo Support)
  • U-100 MK5 (LMG – Ammo Support)
  • M9
  • RPG-7
  • Knife
  • Javelin
  • M40 – Scout ELITE

Weapon Gadgets
  • Grenade launcher
  • Green and red laser sights
  • Muzzle Break
  • Angled Grip

Scopes
  • Reflex RDS
  • PKA HOLO
  • Iron Sights
  • Classic Red Dot Sight
  • PSO (x4)

Vehicles (New HUDs look modern, not as clunky as in BF3 – Limited Ammo)
  • Jet Skies
  • Patrol Boats Eject out with Jet Skies
  • Attack and Transport chopper (Viper + Venom)
  • ZFB05 Armored Car (China) (ONE SHOT BY TANK)
  • MRAP Armored Car (US) (ONE SHOT BY TANK)
  • T-98 (China)
  • M1 (US)

Vehicle gadgets
  • Reactive armor
  • 120mm AP SHELL
  • Coaxial LMG
  • IR Smoke
  • Cannon – TOW
  • Night vision

Gadgets
  • Medic pack (small) (throw able for fast health boost)
  • Medic Box (Medic) (throw able for fast ammo boost)
  • Ammo Bag (Small)
  • Ammo Box (Support)
  • Incendiary Grenades (phosphor mix, fire)
  • Motion Ball - Sensor
  • Repair Torch
  • Weapon Camo
  • Changeable knifes – shank
  • M26 Mass + RDS (and camo)

Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/147475530/Battlefield-4-Notes-Last-update-13th-June-2013

kriskrosbbk

Guys do you remember the font and colour of the points in the BF3 alpha?
Are we expecting the same white and small as in the BF4 alpha to be in the final game.Not sure I like them more than the blue ones .Kinda boring

RoKKeR

Zh1nt0 info summary from his presentation at Dreamhack 2013:

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?9434-Zh1nt0-DreamHack-Summary

"Huge eSports support"
Battlefield 3 was very "Competitive"
He worked personally on spectator mode
Jets Confirmed
Commander on Tablet Limited to iOS
Too Soon™ to talk about Battlerecorder
Too Soon™ to talk about hit detection
"I'm sure the sun is quite bright in China"
Naval Warfare will be big, trailer Soon™
"Taking measures to make sure the game plays more fluidly"
Counter-knife is a QTE
They're "working hard" to balance the classes out
Assault/Medic will be same class
Recon class has C4, not sure if that's permanent
Won't comment on Ghillie suits
LELVOLUTION

Biggest takeaway is promising more on the Naval Warfare side. I knew what we saw at E3 was only the tip of the iceberg of naval combat. I'm still placing my bets on a Titan style game-mode based around naval and arial combat, with two teams vying for control over their respective Aircraft carriers.

The "trailer Soon™" will most likely be at Gamescom.

Menelaus

Banned
We've heard about e-sport support from that little turd before. It's a good sign that we have spectator confirmed, though.

Big bummer about iOS-only tablet support for commander mode. If I can play commander for my PS4 copy from a PC, however, I don't really care.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Please tell me they got rid of the spawn beacon...

Lakitu

st5fu
Please tell me they got rid of the spawn beacon...

Seems they have. But this is bad news. Not good. BAD.

It'll be harder to get out of spawn traps, and now every damn sniper is going to use a helicopter as his own personal transport to a roof -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom