• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 E3 Livestream News Summary and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafaelr

Gemüsepizza;64893226 said:
Edit: The second thing he does in the video is turning down the settings from "Ultra" to "Low". What. The. Fuck.

apparently that´s what competitive players do, to get max fps etc.
don´t quite get why he´d do it for a 30min alpha demo gameplay though...

Sethos

Banned
Is the no respawn mode a team mode? I can't tell. It's why I love SnD on COD so much though, getting them 5 - 6 man clutches is so good.

No sure but I'd almost bet you a dollar that it will have a team mode. Mainly because in a no-respawn mode, all the 'teamwork' aspects are going to be really crucial. Like ammo and medkits are going to be golden. So would be silly to make it an FFA mode.

Man, imagine people actually having to take really good care of vehicles because when they are dead, they are gone.

Jesus a no-respawn mode could be amazing in BF.

Megasoum

Banned
So guys I've been out of it for a couple of months now...

Did they ever confirm if BF3 Premiums members get beta access for BF4?

I'm about to pre-order BF4 right now and I'm wondering if the digital deluxe is worth it when I could get the base game for 50$ on GMG.

Last time I checked, it was kinda hard for children to work gunfire into everyday speech.

The amount of vicious SHUT UP comments that come whenever somebody wishes a violent game would stop cussing is totally bizarre.

Is basic empathy so hard to understand?

It is a m rated game is it so hard to understand? Only in america is blood and guns ok while cussing is no no. The land of double standard..

TCRS

Banned
I don't think I'm going to get BF4 on release. I don't want to play on current gen anymore, I want 60fps and 64 players. But I'm not buying a PS4 until well into 2014... this seriously sucks. And I'll lose my preorder bonus.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't think I'm going to get BF4 on release. I don't want to play on current gen anymore, I want 60fps and 64 players. But I'm not buying a PS4 until well into 2014... this seriously sucks. And I'll lose my preorder bonus.

Nothing stops you from pre-ordering the game right now even if you don't have the system lol.

Btw, did they say anything about the co-op? Is it back?

I wish they would stop wasting tons of money and time on the useless singleplayer campaign and do more co-op stuff (like the spec-ops missions in COD) and more resources for the multiplayer.

PandaL

Server browser will keep BF3 alive.

Nothing stops you from pre-ordering the game right now even if you don't have the system lol.

Btw, did they say anything about the co-op? Is it back?

I wish they would stop wasting tons of money and time on the useless singleplayer campaign and do more co-op stuff (like the spec-ops missions in COD) and more resources for the multiplayer.

No co-op in BF4.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
AFAIK, there are no major destructions as in BFBC2.

There's also no buildings with "major destructions" comparable with BCBF2. Remember, pretty much every collapsable building was pretty small in BC2. The buildings on this scale are much larger and would require much greater ordinance and access than would be immediately available through the game. It's not really a matter of limitation so much as it is design decisions.

This maybe a minority opinion but are they removing the profainity from multiplayer? Does the announcer yelling "They are fucking winning" really add to the gameplay experience? Kids are inthe other room and i hate using turtle beaches. Only reason i bring it up. Single player I can understand multi ..i just dont see how it adds anything.

edit: I guess not lol!! Just saw some more gameplay footage from E3.

I agree, we should be able to turn this off. It gets pretty annoying.

I'd be more worried about exposing the kids to scenes of graphic gun violence. It's an M rated game, use your head.

Kids are very good at telling the difference between real life and video games now.
At least the kids I have been around

hellclerk

Kids are very good at telling the difference between real life and video games now.
Yeah, it's really not much to do with the whole "I don't wanna expose children to this" so much as "Goddamnit, I get what you need me to do, and I get that it's 'more realistic', but I don't want to hear it". I mean, "HEY LISTEN!" isn't offensive until you've heard it in that shrill navi voice fifty thousand times.

kids should not play M rated games, neither should parents expose it to them. How hard is this to grasp?

I would be more worried of all the school shootings in America than some profanity.

hellclerk

I've really wanted them to include licensed music for when you're in a tank or heli.

Loved it in Vietnam.

I'd literally kill myself the 100th time I had to hear "Let the bodies hit the floor" as I jump into an M1.

You know, It would be really cool to be able to have a custom soundtrack you could import into the game while you play which gets replaced by the end-round music as it gets closer. Have some options like different tracks or just activating it when you get into vehicles radio style would be pretty bitch'n. Like, bailing out of a chopper playing Ride of the Valkyries into a tank that's blaring Wheels of Fire.

PandaL

Will we see remakes of the most popular maps?

“That’s something we’re doing as an Xbox One exclusive,” said Gronda. “There are a few maps we’ve picked, we’re doing some re-work on them, adding a BF4 flavour. So that’s exclusive DLC for Xbox One. Some of the old maps are really good.”

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06...xbox-exclusive-dlc-gamescom-to-focus-on-vita/

vader.jpg

dsigns1

Wouldn't be surprised if its like a month timed exclusive. I've even seen week exclusive on some games. Just reinforces my opinion of Microsoft.

Thank God. Still sucks but at least we'll experience it sometime. Apparently the new craze will be buying up DLC's even more than this gen.

Yeah publishers won't really get bought up for 3rd party games anymore because AAA production is so expensive that they'd need some pretty absurd dough to make it worth it. That leaves DLC as the next thing up for grabs.

Majanew

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if its like a month timed exclusive. I've even seen week exclusive on some games. Just reinforces my opinion of Microsoft.

What opinion is that? That MS will spend money to secure timed exclusive games/content... just like Sony?

You know, It would be really cool to be able to have a custom soundtrack you could import into the game while you play which gets replaced by the end-round music as it gets closer. Have some options like different tracks or just activating it when you get into vehicles radio style would be pretty bitch'n. Like, bailing out of a chopper playing Ride of the Valkyries into a tank that's blaring Wheels of Fire.

Rise of the Valkyries would be awesome.

Jtrizzy

sucks about the DLC, but I can wait a week or a month, it won't be longer than that. I do hope they re make some of the BC2 maps though.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
And my hype levels just went down ten-fold. I despise that shit...

How about you give the old maps to the PC crowd that made those maps popular?

Meh, I'd rather not see any of BF3's maps in BF4 unless they're taken from Armored Kill. Give me Back to Dragon Valley any day.

netBuff

Timed exclusive DLC really isn't all that big a deal, getting maps a week to a month later isn't a substantial disadvantage.

Meh, I'd rather not see any of BF3's maps in BF4 unless they're taken from Armored Kill. Give me Back to Dragon Valley any day.

I'd like some Battlefield 2 map remakes, rather than maps from BF3 which we just played. But it's probably much easier to port maps from other Frostbite games to the new BF.

Will BF4 have small scale destruction like BFBC2? I'm looking for things like blowing walls away, collapsing small buildings and houses.

Will BF4 have small scale destruction like BFBC2? I'm looking for things like blowing walls away, collapsing small buildings and houses.

No idea, although I still think people underestimate BF3's destruction in that regard.

Any small building in BF3 can be destroyed and sometimes completely leveled. Large buildings cannot. However, you also have to keep in mind that BFBC2 didn't have ANY large buildings, so there was never anything to compare the scale of destruction to. BC2 maps just had clusters of small huts or buildings that could be destroyed; BF3 scaled back on that so it could increase...well, the scale.

No idea, although I still think people underestimate BF3's destruction in that regard.

Any small building in BF3 can be destroyed and sometimes completely leveled. Large buildings cannot. However, you also have to keep in mind that BFBC2 didn't have ANY large buildings, so there was never anything to compare the scale of destruction to. BC2 maps just had clusters of small huts or buildings that could be destroyed; BF3 scaled back on that so it could increase...well, the scale.

BC2 did have some building that couldn't be taken down. Panama canal had a lot of them, both B and C control points were inside them and the UAV was on top of it. That building was reused a lot in other maps too. Also they had another hanger type building at the both spawns of Atacama Desert. But over all I though BC2 had more destruction than BF3.

ButchCat

If they wanna sell people on the new mirror's edge what would be a better way than filling the maps with billboards and all that.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/350665923620909056/photo/1

That looks fun as hell, being Commander. Can't wait to lead my troops to defeat, lofl.
Anyone know if there's some kind of global voice chat or text feed the Commander can use to issue an order to everyone?
Heh, I can see being Commander getting frustrating though...

"Commander, sir - the enemy has secured all the points, and we've been pushed back to our last spawn point. We're almost out of tickets! How many of our forces should we use to attack point A?"

0394_gfkj7.gif

Not sure about commander mode. Can see it getting annoying really quick with someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

good thing is though that a squad or the team or something similar can vote the commander out i think i read or heard, which will be great incase a team gets a commander that ends up being some 10 year old not knowing what they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom