• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

First thing I'm doing is hopping into a solo Practice Mode and thoroughly exploring each map. Hope I can do that.

Marvel

could never
LevelCaps Flood Zone gameplay is up.

Lookin' Good!

VBXOL09_zpsb9fc6df2.gif

That map actually looks really interesting
bf3 maps were so goddamn bad, either a tunnel like metro or just the cap points placed close together with no interesting layout and a whole bunch of fuck all around them.

Did they fix these things from bf3? I haven't followed bf4 at all
-overbearing lens flares
-the 'artistic integrity' color grading that made it way too hard to see enemies in every single map (basically I'm asking if you can turn color grading off now)
-the overbearing bloom from the sun that filled your entire screen

Even if bf3 had the best maps, best netcode, best gunplay best everything ever designed in a game, the total lack of visibility and having to squint to see anything (or play with the nightvision scope on 24/7) would have still ruined the game for me.

Overdoziz

Banned
Dawnbreaker and Hainan Resort are looking good. A jet on Dawnbreaker looks like it wouldn't very effective though, especially not with a in-bounds area that small.

rafaelr

all that footage posted today really got me hyped. it will be such a tease to watch the pc players and having to wait another month for ps4 eu launch...

Overdoziz

Banned
You don't have to have a self made emblem on your gun. The country flag emblem depending on what faction you're playing as is what bothers me. I'll get used to it, I hope It's not forced on us though. In the beta I figured that it was only showing the country flag on your gun because you could only choose the default uniform camo for your character. I assumed that when you change your player uniform to a different camo other than the default option. The country flag on your gun wouldn't be there anymore.

That was just my guess.
From time to time it did actually show my emblem on my weapons and vehicles. I guess it wasn't set up fully yet because it was really glitchy.

I'm getting excited here. The feedback from testers seems very positive - the maps flow well, and look gorgeous - and now I can't wait for the release.

vixlar

Dat Flood Zone map!!!!!

The part when he dives to go under the structure and discover a new path... Tuesday, why are you so far? T_T

k4n3

Banned
flood map looks EPIC!!!! ill admit i was majorly disappointed in BF3 for two reasons the vanilla maps sucked and kit balance was off... but my god these new BF4 maps blow away anything from the DLC packs and take FPS to another level literally lol!

to have a map totally change in the middle of a game where the streets flood and you can swim underwater and up inside old buildings is truly inspired.... cant wait for this game and to play it on my 290x :D

Looks like jets don't belong on Dawnbreaker. The safe zone is way too small, especially with all the buildings taking up most of the space. Hopefully the safe zone is bigger in the next-gen/PC version of Bf4.

Newlove

LevelCaps Flood Zone gameplay is up.

Lookin' Good!

VBXOL09_zpsb9fc6df2.gif

It kind of annoys me off when I see EA have invited YouTubers like KYR Speedy and Whitebody7thsrt, people who are predominately Call of Duty video makers and who's majority fan base are mostly young kids. Just kind of seems desperate to me to reach out to that audience that no-one really wants to play with.

RulkezX

The only possible surprises are:

1. Both run at 1080p (very unlikely)

2. XBone runs better (internet collapse)

3. They are identical

The tweet makes it sound like 2, though famousmortimer said in the Ghosts thread he has heard the PS4 version is 1080p

Overdoziz

Banned
Looks like jets don't belong on Dawnbreaker. The safe zone is way too small, especially with all the buildings taking up most of the space. Hopefully the safe zone is bigger in the next-gen/PC version of Bf4.
Reminds me of the safezones on the End Game maps in BF3 which were made equal for both infantry and air vehicles because of CTF. Really annoying to deal with if you're flying in a helicopter.

Spookie

For anyone who ordered from Simplycdkeys:

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that the key will be sent to you a couple of days before the release date, so 30th October at the latest.

Kindest Regards

SimplyCDKeys Customer Service

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In before TheSeks says that Flood Zone is the worst map ever

antitrop

I like that when you sneak up behind someone and knife them, there is actually an animation of stealing the dog tags off their neck. That is hilarious.

Although apparently that was in BF3, as well, and I just never noticed it.

Visually, Flood Zone doens't look all that exciting. It looks REALLY fun though.

Levelcap is also insanely good at Battlefield.
Jack Frags video has much nicer visuals, as well as being a slightly better player, imo. Both videos are amazing and I am thoroughly impressed by the map. Looks like so much fun.

I think LevelCap is better with vehicles, and JackFrags is a better shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom