• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTHERFUCKER.

Battlefield 4 crashes and corrupted my save. 4 hours today gone. Oh my god.

And I didn't realize you had to manually activate auto upload.

WHAT THE FUCK EA. SO MAD.

nice new bug to the PC ver all my unlocks are gone now.... so glad i paid for premium on top of buying a 290x for it..... what a train wreck
all unlocks gone means the stats servers went down. your unlocks will be fine when they come back up.

Does this game have any split screen features at all?
nope. never.

Can you queue up to join a server on console. I'd imagine coordinating on console is a bitch. On PC, huge group just gets on mumble/teamspeak together.
the party system wasn't that good anyway, usually we just used party chat to coordinate and join someone who found a server with enough space.

Just noticed they fixed the full-clip reload bug on consoles.
yeah they fixed that a week ago or so with a server update.

Heysoos

Damn haha, got on to a bunch of friend requests :D

It's nice to have people on for a change instead of just seeing a zero.

I gotta finish up some stuff before I get back on, but if anyone wants to play just send me a little chat message and I'll get back to you as soon as I get done

Edit:
why did Sethos get banned?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
THAT ROUND

Holy shit. Back and forth back and forth back and forth. Finally get it to C (last one to arm) and I think our commander is like "DON'T LET THEM GET IT OUT OF THERE" and I'm the only person in my squad over there while six people are flooding in from the stairwell the attackers have in Rush.

Die. Respawn on squadmates that are a bit back but not completely. Rush my ass back to C, help the rest of the team grab the bomb and arm it. We win.

So intense that last round. I really wish DICE would allow overlays so I could use OBS. :(

So, the PS4 version is constantly crashing, sometimes even before the main menu launches. Conquest doesn't work at all, other game modes kick you out of the server with regularity. And now my SP save file is corrupted, so that was three hours well-spent and gone forever. Downloaded the cloud save...and the game corrupted that as well. Not a peep from anyone as to when this might be fixed. I wish I could get my money back, because this game is 100% broken across all modes and I truly regret buying it.

May have been asked and answered, but after upgrading from ps3 to ps4, it seems that the ps3 disc must remain in the drive. Is this normal?

TheSeks

May have been asked and answered, but after upgrading from ps3 to ps4, it seems that the ps3 disc must remain in the drive. Is this normal?

Yes. That's what was stated for the RETAIL version upgrade and has been known for months.

So... yes.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
L85 model strikes me as odd, almost like it belongs in a Bad Company game. Same with the MTAR. Something about them is just off...

I did all the prereqs for that gun and still cannot use it. 3 medkit ribbons and a pistol, grenade and defrib kill in same round.

It'll be cool when this industry gets to a point that when you buy a thing it works.

When stuff launched on the Cartridge consoles they had to be perfect, updates were not allowed. Nintendo still uses this philosophy... how many Nintendo GAMES do you know have had updates? Maybe two? I think there may have been a game killing glitch in Twilight Princess that required a new print of the game to be printed but it happened so rarely that less than 0.5% of all owners needed their original disc to be replaced, and the other was Paper Mario on Wii.

THAT ROUND

Holy shit. Back and forth back and forth back and forth. Finally get it to C (last one to arm) and I think our commander is like "DON'T LET THEM GET IT OUT OF THERE" and I'm the only person in my squad over there while six people are flooding in from the stairwell the attackers have in Rush.

Die. Respawn on squadmates that are a bit back but not completely. Rush my ass back to C, help the rest of the team grab the bomb and arm it. We win.

So intense that last round. I really wish DICE would allow overlays so I could use OBS. :(

Wholly crap the top scorer on your team had 91 kills!!

L85 model strikes me as odd, almost like it belongs in a Bad Company game. Same with the MTAR. Something about them is just off...

The MTAR fires stupidly fast. Using that gun on anything close to medium range is just overkill. At any sort of moderate distance though and it's terrible

My favourite gun in the game is still the AK 5C. It has almost no recoil

do you need premium to unlock the new guns? i did the l85 and mtar tasks but i haven't gotten them.

The MTAR never popped up on screen when I unlocked it or never showed unlocked at the end of the round either, I had to go into my guns and it was just there. Though the MP7 popped up on screen when unlocked

TheSeks

Wholly crap the top scorer on your team had 91 kills!!

I didn't even notice. We were too busy just going back and forth with the bomb. Get it to one base, only for the other team to take it to the other base.

The previous round also had a hilarious zig-zag run from me to C on the RU side to arm it. Everyone else was chasing after me in a Yakkity Sax moment, while the enemy was on the other side of the map and then we held it and started to arm backwards (B/A) to win.

What's wrong with it, exactly? All of the bugs, or something with the gameplay or controls?

Well for me, I was playing the SP and gotten to the part where
U get to the airport to shoot the flare gun
and once I finished the mission and error came up and sent me back to the UI. All of a sudden I was sending in feedback of a problem occurring and now my save files are corrupt and had to start SP all over again.

Online the servers are empty and only a handful of peeps were playing TDM, I guess it should pick up soon online.

njean777

Well for me, I was playing the SP and gotten to the part where
U get to the airport to shoot the flare gun
and once I finished the mission and error came up and sent me back to the UI. All of a sudden I was sending in feedback of a problem occurring and now my save files are corrupt and had to start SP all over again.

Online the servers are empty and only a handful of peeps were playing TDM, I guess it should pick up soon online.

Yeah I had that same thing happen to me, except I haven't even started the SP portion. Decided after that happened to not even touch it until this game is fixed.

MattDoza

What's wrong with it, exactly? All of the bugs, or something with the gameplay or controls?
All of the above. They'll be sorted out, but it hasn't been very timely. But stuff just not working or breaking is what I'm referring to. I still can't pay conquest. I'll get into another game type and then the match will just randomly drop and I lose any progress towards unlocks and ranking up. SP also corrupting files, I haven't even bothered to go back to that, though. I guess that could be working.

BF4 isn't awful, although I still think most game types not named conquest are pretty weak offerings. It's just not working. Rotten may have been an unfitting adjective, but it's still disappointing when you're excited about playing a new console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom