• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkJAW

Hey guys, I don't have too many friends playing BF4 on the PS4, and I'd love to play with some fellow gaffers, so add me (PSN: Sharkjaw) if you'd like :)

MattDoza

I'm assuming everyone is having issues getting into servers for the PS4 version?
G7Rxg.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
As long as the server didn't crash and you didn't rejoin before that round ended, you will still get your points and stuff. If you rejoined immediately though it overwrites the stats and progress for that round.

Ugh, seriously? That's infuriating... I've lost a bunch of stats then. In what world does that make sense?

ronco2000

I still can't get use to using the R2 and L2 to aim and shoot. They should patch it so we can have an option to revert back to the original.

fritolay

I picked up a PS4 and rented BF4. I had to change some filters to find servers that were not crashing. It maybe due to connecting to servers outside the US, not sure.

The game runs fantastic. Graphics are sweet.

Now the dilemma I have is I have always played online games, multiplatform, on XBOX and have a XBOX One with BF4 on the way. I hope it looks (close enough) and plays as smooth as the PS4 version or I may have to switch.

Glad I'm not the only one that has found BF4 unplayable on PS4 right now. I have had my single player data corrupted twice already. I only managed to make it into Conquest once, and was booted and kicked to an error screen two seconds later. (which also corrupted my single player data.)

I was also shocked by how much pop/fade in there is on textures and details. Really takes you out of the game.

I actually prefer the graphics of Ghosts right now just because, as crappy as they are, they are at least consistent, (and 1080p) and don't pull me from the game.

I have never played a game this buggy on release, I can't believe EA let this game out the door. (Never mind, its EA, of course they would)

MattDoza

How do the PS4 controls differ from the PS3/360 controls? Is the trackpad used for anything?
Clicking the trackpad brings up battlelog. I think that's about it's only function. Apparently there's the legacy control scheme missing. Which is a major bummer cause I was trying to set up the most similar way I could before I learned it was a missing option.

The sad thing? Every bit of this could be avoided if they did a true beta, and let it be mass tested before hand. Not breaking off a quarter of the client and giving people a glorified demo to push the product for marketing reasons. Put the entire game out there, let people go crazy and test it for a month to find all this shit and then let it ride.

Rizific

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

Fixed it for me.
does this need to go into any sub folder? it didnt work for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The sad thing? Every bit of this could be avoided if they did a true beta, and let it be mass tested before hand. Not breaking off a quarter of the client and giving people a glorified demo to push the product for marketing reasons. Put the entire game out there, let people go crazy and test it for a month to find all this shit and then let it ride.

But then no one would play the full game is the reason why they don't do beta/demos for longer anymore. People played Harvest Day/Oasis in the BC1 demo forever.

That said, they really do need to UNLOCK EVERYTHING.gif in their "betas" and let people hammer on all the shit available in trolling environments since DICE won't do that themselves.

Demize99: "We play like gentlemen at DICE" link here.

But then no one would play the full game is the reason why they don't do beta/demos for longer anymore. People played Harvest Day/Oasis in the BC1 demo forever.

That said, they really do need to UNLOCK EVERYTHING.gif in their "betas" and let people hammer on all the shit available in trolling environments since DICE won't do that themselves.

Demize99: "We play like gentlemen at DICE" link here.

People will play the full game just fine. Let people keep their unlocks and progression from the BETA to the real game and I bet you'll sell MORE copies.

Definity

I'm just about ready to tell Amazon that BF4 on PS4 simply doesn't work and get my money back. It's constant blue crash screens for me.

Clicking the trackpad brings up battlelog. I think that's about it's only function. Apparently there's the legacy control scheme missing. Which is a major bummer cause I was trying to set up the most similar way I could before I learned it was a missing option.
Thanks for that Matt.

On the PS3 you couldn't actually go back to the previous controls for vehicles (where you had forward, reverse, zoom in, and fire across L1, L2, R1, R2) because R2 was always fixed as Spot. That meant either you had to have stick drive (where it becomes incredibly difficult to reverse in a straight line, something that's crucial in vehicles battles), or you had to forego the ability to zoom in easily (another thing that's crucial in vehicle battles).

I was hoping they might move Spot on the PS4 to the trackpad button since everyone agrees it's easy to reach, and then you'd be able to have the vehicle controls back to the way they were in BFBC2 and BF3. Sounds like we're shit out of luck though, all so that we can bring up battlelog during the game. Really, why is that so important that it can't be accessed via a menu? Why on Earth does it need a dedicated button at the cost of useful vehicle controls? *Sigh*.

BlackJet

I just can't see myself playing this too often. It doesn't help that I don't care for the maps. I have had to restart the game when it crashes and at this point it just doesn't seem worth it.

I just don't understand why you would put most unlocks in battlepacks. Just give them to me for actually using the gun! Not to mention I'm blazing through vehicle unlocks like its nothing. It just feels like there's no challenge when it comes to vehicles but its a hassle when its guns.

Vidpixel

I got into some Rush matches today on the PS4 and I had a lot of fun. It seems impossible to get into any Conquest servers at the moment. I'm not touching the single-player until a patch is released or something because my progress has been "corrupted" twice now and I'm tired of replaying the first two levels.

Mully

Speaking of the BC1 demo. I remember when I downloaded if and tried to get a friend to play. He joins my game and it's extremely laggy. He was never interested in Battlefield again.

I have a feeling a similar thing will happen on a larger scale in the coming weeks.

v1lla21

I played bf4 for a good while and didn't have any connection issues. Rush had a lot of people playing in it and so did TDM. I tried out conquest but it lacked players online :(

I'm playing on ps4 BTW.

Chaplain

Agree about the button switching though.. that's annoying. As is the method to group of with friends (if you can even call it that). What were they thinking? The one year I finally convince my COD friends to switch and they pull this..

How do you group with friends? I couldn't find that option.

I agree. What I learned from all of this is not to buy another Dice game until the first 3 patches have shipped. This would mean not buying the game until 4 or 5 months after launch. This would let me just jump into the game without experiencing the inability to play a game that is not ready for retail.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Cool. Logged in for the first time since the "patch" and I crash after 10 minutes. I feel like a fucking idiot for buying Premium. I have a bit of disposable income, but I feel terrible for people who extended their spending to buy this broken game.

Chaplain

I was hoping they might move Spot on the PS4 to the trackpad button since everyone agrees it's easy to reach, and then you'd be able to have the vehicle controls back to the way they were in BFBC2 and BF3. Sounds like we're shit out of luck though, all so that we can bring up battlelog during the game. Really, why is that so important that it can't be accessed via a menu? Why on Earth does it need a dedicated button at the cost of useful vehicle controls? *Sigh*.

I put spot on BF3 PC using a Dualshock 4 and it works great. This is how legacy buttons should be when they patch them in.

Man I am sucking balls with a level 2 Engineer. Hit a tank with a rocket 3 times and nothing happens. I was semi-decent with an Engi in BF3.

Might be time to switch to Assault.

So I'm one of the few who actually enjoy playing the SP of BF, crazy I know

My saves were corrupted early this evening

Guessing there's no solution at present? Have to wait on a patch?

No reason to play SP if the saves might corrupt again

There is, there are weapons and knives you can only get by playing singleplayer.

Ah so that's what that was

It's been a long time since I've played Battlefield

Still I'm not putting time into SP until there's a patch to fix the save issue

Obviously people should do what they want but do so at your own risk etc.

Zeppelin

It wouldn't be that bad if you could open the ladder hatches from below so you could kind of sneak up on them. As far as I know you can't though.

There's like a million ways of getting rid of a sniper on a roof. The Zavod roofs are probably some of the most dangerous ones to be on.

Blown away by BF4 on the PS4, 60fps is a huge game changer! Spectacular physics & image quality!

857450_10202553316458188_696164539_o.jpg

1397996_10202553206495439_842668155_o.jpg

What resolution is that? Looks pretty low res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom