• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
jVp4JShdXztFS.png

iFYPAuiQfcZuN.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Flood Zone's been great to me, I dunno why you have issues with it :p

Finally got into some multiplayer servers on the PS4.

Maybe I'm a crazy raving lunatic, but is Flood Zone the worst multiplayer map ever created?

It's so strange that they would base an entire map around using their weakest player system. It's nothing but complete frustration on the players part.

Jump off a building? You're in water can't shoot.

Strafe to avoid someone firing at you? Good thing we placed this tiny 2 foot canal in the alley way! You're in water can't shoot.

See someone you want to shoot? You're in water can't shoot, they shoot you.

Want to hide under water? Sure. Raise your head above water, can't shoot get shot.

Finally get the drop on someone? Well, you're in water, so push yourself against the shore, press X, mantle halfway out of the water then fall back in, then press X and try again. Mantle halfway out and then get shot.

It is the worst. So absurdly bad I'm amazed it got green lit at the most base level. It's like being stun locked for the entire game.

Switch to pistol.

Jito

Banned

Maybe I'm a crazy raving lunatic, but is Flood Zone the worst multiplayer map ever created?

It's so strange that they would base an entire map around using their weakest player system. It's nothing but complete frustration on the players part.

Strafe to avoid someone firing at you? Good thing we placed this tiny 2 foot canal in the alley way! You're in water can't shoot.

Want to hide under water? Sure. Raise your head above water, can't shoot get shot.

Finally get the drop on someone? Well, you're in water, so push yourself against the shore, press X, mantle halfway out of the water then fall back in, then press X and try again. Mantle halfway out and then get shot.

It is the worst. So absurdly bad I'm amazed it got green lit at the most base level. It's like being stun locked for the entire game.

You do know that you can get the pistol out when you're in the water right? Flood Zone is a great map, I love diving under the water and sneaking up on a boat or APC with C4!

legacyzero

Banned
It's strange. I got the game to run just fine the first time I put it in. Then I did remote play with it, decided to restart the game, and THAT is when I get the error code.

Fucking pissed.

Love flood zone, there is tons of places on the map to be where you never touch water.

Gaz_RB

It's strange. I got the game to run just fine the first time I put it in. Then I did remote play with it, decided to restart the game, and THAT is when I get the error code.

Fucking pissed.

I reinstalled. Haven't had an error code since. Before I couldn't even get to the main menu.

Nah Flood zone is awesome to me. Mixes things up in an awesome way.

scogoth

I'm not entirely sure where to put this question, so hopefully you don't mind me putting it here.

My friend and I both run capable rigs, he with a 760 and I with a 780, but in the BF4 beta we found the performance completely unacceptable. So we decided to wait to pick it up on the PS4 where the performance would hopefully be less of an issue, and neither us have any qualms with playing on a controller. However, there's been little real meaningful comparisons between the PS4 and PC versions of the game in terms of graphical fidelity, and in a game like Battlefield 4 it feels to me as though that visual flair is a big part of the atmosphere and the experience. Has anyone played both versions of the game, and if you have could you maybe tell me how the two versions stack up graphically? I know the PS4 has a slightly lower resolution, but this is mostly about texture quality and how the destruction looks. Are there also any missing parts of maps? I know the 360 and PS3 lost items like the bar area in the skyscraper in Shanghai, which changed firefights for the worse. I imagine the maps are the same given the 64 players, but just in case. This is also mostly about online play as the campaign isn't that vital.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I managed to post about half of a sentence of this the first time. My apologies.

PC has:
Higher resolutions available
Higher resolution textures
Real AA options in addition to resolution scaling (a down-sampling mode)
Higher fidelity effects and explosion options (mostly fire and smoke effects)
The ability to turn off annoying effects like the stupid chromatic aberration effect (not sure if this applies to PS4)

As for missing things the next-gen consoles and PC are on par for map size and number of objectives.

Basically PC just has a wider range of graphical options. As for actual gameplay they are identical.

What resolution and framerate does it run on the PS4? I swear I remember them announcing that it was going to be 1080p but I heard somewhere it's 900p?

Not sure if this has been discussed...

The PS4 Share Feature - The game audio is DISABLED during video capture. The only audio you are able to capture is MIC audio..either via the camera or a headset mic. I tested it multiple ways and posted about it on the Battlelog Forums:

The workaround I used was setting the Camera Mic to On, placing the camera close to a speaker and not speaking. That method is far from ideal. The sound is distant and hollow.

I tested it using a raw 15 minute capture. No sound.
I tested it with an edited clip ready for download. No sound.
The clip is now on Facebook. No sound.

What's a Battlefield clip without dat audio..dumb decision.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What resolution and framerate does it run on the PS4? I swear I remember them announcing that it was going to be 1080p but I heard somewhere it's 900p?
The internet claimed 1080p not DICE.
PS4 = 900p
One = 720p
(Dunno about PS3 and X360)

Not sure if this has been discussed...

The PS4 Share Feature - The game audio is DISABLED during video capture. The only audio you are able to capture is MIC audio..either via the camera or a headset mic. I tested it multiple ways and posted about it on the Battlelog Forums:

The workaround I used was setting the Camera Mic to On, placing the camera close to a speaker and not speaking. That method is far from ideal. The sound is distant and hollow.

I tested it using a raw 15 minute capture. No sound.
I tested it with an edited clip ready for download. No sound.
The clip is now on Facebook. No sound.

Doesnt sound like decision, more like an issue with the OS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What! Oh. Well that explains things.

FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.

;)

High Deff Jeff said:

I'm just spitballing here, but I'm thinking DICE's reasoning is that they assume people are going to commentate their matches while streaming.

Re: OS issue - What do you think it could be? Other games capture audio just fine. Killzone, Resogun for example. NBA2K does not but I saw some thread saying it might be to the license for the music (real songs) used in the game.

Re: Audio over Commentary - I thought that too..but that kind of contradicts the whole "Battlefield Moments" brand they have been building since BC2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still need to get the anti-air ribbons since they're glitched right now for the MP7... but I have to start a round on Flood Zone defense for it, or do Obliteration which seems impossible if people counter-measure it. Oy.

Need some PC players on so I can at least make sure I'm not shot in the back while doing it.

The Janitor said:
Yeah C4ing becomes easier in water

What REALLY blew my mind was that you were able to go further under water just by aiming down and pressing forward. I thought Flood Zone's "inacessable areas" after the flood happened were that: impossible to get to, but you can actually reach those areas by diving deeper.

My problem with underwater is no air-gauge. So I have to play it safe and come up for air often to make sure I don't lose health which breaks my stealth.

But yeah: I love the water gameplay, really has upped my ability to stealth around areas now and then.

Reckoner

The game just literally gave me the middle finger. I was making the best score of my life, I killed six guys in a row, cleaned a garage full of bad guys, was doing great teamwork with my squad holding a point and then BAM NO MORE GOODIES FOR YOU.

I'm so upset...

Kolgar

You mean I can't change the difficulty on the campaign without erasing my progress from a previous campaign? And that the game doesn't warm me of this?

Or what the fuck just happened? Because suddenly I can't resume a game without that stupid "Turn Around" song starting up, telling me it's the start of the campaign.

Guess I'm playing Killzone today. Thanks for nothing, DICE.

honest question, I'd play Battlefield 4 for the SP and but I hated 3s, i was considering playing the PS4 version but hearing about all the issues has me worried, should i bother with the game at all?

Gaz_RB

honest question, I'd play Battlefield 4 for the SP and but I hated 3s, i was considering playing the PS4 version but hearing about all the issues has me worried, should i bother with the game at all?

I kind of liked te campaign actually. Some of it was groan inducing but it was a fun ride!

do not play BF for the SP. if you have no interest in MP don't bother with the game, but if you do have some interest in MP, hook up with some GAF friends and roll deep.

So, uhhh, I tried the campaign. Everything went well except for a hard lock or two, until about five minutes in. Then I got binoculars and a broken prompt to use them. As far as I can tell, the binoculars do not exist. There is no way to equip or use them.

Am I crazy?

So, uhhh, I tried the campaign. Everything went well except for a hard lock or two, until about five minutes in. Then I got binoculars and a broken prompt to use them. As far as I can tell, the binoculars do not exist. There is no way to equip or use them.

Am I crazy?

On PC you have to hold Q to use them. So whatever the spot button is, hold that

Gaz_RB

Am I crazy?

Holding r1 didn't work?

Kugar77

do not play BF for the SP. if you have no interest in MP don't bother with the game, but if you do have some interest in MP, hook up with some GAF friends and roll deep.

Man I'm about 2/3 through BF4's SP and it's horrendously boring. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but it's overdramatic, the story makes little sense, the missions take forever, and frankly the gameplay is pretty lackluster... just one shooting gallery to another. I particularly like the level where
you're driving in the tank and enemy tanks spawn out of nowhere and take potshots at you, all the while your team is just happily sitting in your tank not bothering to spot any of the enemies for you

Grief.exe

I miss in game battle commanders. DICE really messed up on that one. I hope they cop to it on the next BF.

I like how this keeps cropping up, 'I hope Dice/EA put this feature in the next Battlefield.'

Its funny to me because BF4 is essentially everything we told them to fix in the BF3 beta.

Add spectator mode for the competitive guys, no suppression, commander, larger squads, etc, etc.

Its that EA circular logic where we have to pay $60 for the sequel in order to get some features we wanted years ago. Of course they are going to fuck us over with each subsequent sequel.

Man I'm about 2/3 through BF4's SP and it's horrendously boring. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but it's overdramatic, the story makes little sense, the missions take forever, and frankly the gameplay is pretty lackluster... just one shooting gallery to another. I particularly like the level where
you're driving in the tank and enemy tanks spawn out of nowhere and take potshots at you, all the while your team is just happily sitting in your tank not bothering to spot any of the enemies for you

Call of Duty and Battlefield single player modes just exist to fill a check-box at retail stores.

I follow Titanfall's development and people actually say that they won't buy the game due to a lack of single player.
Why are you wasting your time on a half-baked mode that is just thrown together? Zero sense.

There are plenty of good single-player, linear shooters that have come out this year alone. Why even bother?

TheOther

Neo Member
I cant get kills with the defibrilator

it doesnt do any damage and when I charge them nothing happens ?!

Not sure if someone already answered but you'll have to "charge them" up a little to kill someone. Took a while for me to figure that out and when I finally succeed to kill someone BF4 decides to crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom