• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Orcus

hmmm, to buy BF4 season pass or to not buy. on Xbox One btw. what do you guys think?
Do you like the game?

Do you plan and on squad'ing up with ORCU5, playing around 9 PM Pacific, and crushing people?

(Disclaimer: sometime crushing people is actually getting crushed by the other team)

If your answer to these questions is yes, then you should get premium.

K.Sabot

So apparently the frame judder isn't judder at all.

it's a recent origin update that is causing everyone's mouse to freeze every 6-7 seconds. You have to turn off origin in game to fix.

How the fuck does that even happen?

Kabuto

So apparently the frame judder isn't judder at all.

it's a recent origin update that is causing everyone's mouse to freeze every 6-7 seconds. You have to turn off origin in game to fix.

How the fuck does that even happen?

yup I thought something felt off while I was playing this morning and I read up on that. Origin aplis.

I hadn't played BF4 for three months until today and was quite excited too see if the latest patches have made any difference on PS4. Was it fixed now? Fuuuuck no. I played about five minutes of Conquest in Hanoi and the game was still the same broken mess as before. Constant stuttering, sounds are not working, graphical glitches, you name it... I just can't be bothered with Conquest anynore.

Minion101

Banned
Do you like the game?

Do you plan and on squad'ing up with ORCU5, playing around 9 PM Pacific, and crushing people?

(Disclaimer: sometime crushing people is actually getting crushed by the other team)

If your answer to these questions is yes, then you should get premium.

I fear It will go on sale any time now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, it was fun. Its rare to see gaffers playing rush. I still enjoy it despite the horrible design decisions DICE has made. If only they would release a BC2 rush maps DLC...

Vehicle balance is one of the major problems along with the map design. In CTE they're trying to fix both, but vehicle balance still is an issue with the redesigned sets. :/

cjp

Playstation UK finally relented today and refunded me for Battlefield 4 after months arguing.

If anyone's tried and failed, don't give up, they'll relent eventually.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Yeah, it was fun. Its rare to see gaffers playing rush. I still enjoy it despite the horrible design decisions DICE has made. If only they would release a BC2 rush maps DLC...

We actually had a great run all night, to bad you guts came in the tail end. It was a great time though. I'm trying to get people to play a little rush for selfish reasons. I only need 15 or so wins to try the 5th medal and dog tag that comes with it.

We actually had a great run all night, to bad you guts came in the tail end. It was a great time though. I'm trying to get people to play a little rush for selfish reasons. I only need 15 or so wins to try the 5th medal and dog tag that comes with it.

After one game I realized I could go for some Obliteration. So if you're sick CQ, keep that in mind.

DoubleD

Good games last night. I cut out early unfortunately. I had two crashes and decided to call it a night. We had a couple good runs on CTF.
I'm still getting jitters when I'm flying choppers. Anyone else still experiencing this? The crosshairs go all over the screen and it sort of rubberbands.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do me a favor guys, stop joining off me via Battlelog. It crashes me with regularity.

Battlelog is kinda broken for me since the last week. GAF logo is not loading up, and it shows a "Can't connect Battlelog" message :(
But i can play fine.

I rented this for PS3 and it freezes during every match. Such a shame too as it was tons of fun when it was working. Gonna send it back to Gamefly and just stick with BF3 :(

When is the next DLC coming out for premium? Eh. Just did a search...and it seems the latest news(within the hour) still doesn't give a release date. Gah.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there a reason I can't bind anything to any keypad keys? I have a CM Inferno mouse and my main profile for it utilizes those. I find it extremely weird that they would block out 16 keys from use. To make a custom profile for BF4 I'd have to go through and figure out which keys aren't already being used for something else.

Devil

I'm really hungry for something new to play on my PS4 and have been interested in BF4 for quite some time now. So here I go asking whether you guys would recommend to buy it now or wait for something else.

I have been insanely addicted to BF2 around it's time but almost entirley stopped playing games on my PC by the time BF3 came out, which I bought at launch but almost didn't play at all. Partly due to my low PC specs but also because it just didn't *click* for me. Now that I own a PS4 I once again felt the itch for some BF. How active is the community, are there enough games to find in most of the modes and at any daytime? How likely am I going to enjoy it as a BF2 veteran who couldn't get into BF3 (which could be my fault rather than the game's)? Are the controls fine with the DS4?

I also felt that BF3 was very confusing to me, visually, compared to the very 'clear' looking BF2. Something about it's visual style and the HUD made it often very hard for me to make out enemies and other stuff which never was a problem in BF2 for me. If anybody knows what I mean by that, could you comment on that concerning BF4? From videos it looks like there hasn't changed a lot from BF3 to BF4.

TheSeks

OH MY GOD THIS NEW RECOIL SYSTEM.

Just gotta fix that stupid packetloss they introduced, otherwise by god this is Battlefield 3 again.

Have they made any significant changes to the MCOM placements?

Not hugely. They've moved one of the crates per set above-ground and/or north. That's about it. Some of the set placements I'm ambivalent about, but some of them are alright.

The major problem is: Like in the redesigned Zavod instead of the DEFENSE getting a tank like retail/Live, the ATTACKERS get a tank (plus an Amtrac! Plus a transport chopper!) while the DEFENSE loses the tank they previously had... UNTIL THE LAST SET. WTF DICE?

10372944_10204010780930989_8109673213332688673_o.jpg

nice gaf worm on the top of the list yesterday, sorry i could only play one round of Zavod, i have no idea why you would torture yourself in a 24/7 Zavod server? :D
(and Meppi should play with the team colours!)

nice gaf worm on the top of the list yesterday, sorry i could only play one round of Zavod, i have no idea why you would torture yourself in a 24/7 Zavod server? :D

That was the server Dave crashed me out of. Apparently everyone joined in after I left.

meppi

Yeah that got a bit crazy at times. Especially when we all decided we were going for B, no matter what.
Didn't even realise it was a Zavod only server. Played 2 rounds and then we went somewhere else I think.

It just wouldn't feel right to turn in my Al Bundy colours though. ;)
No Ma'am 4 life!

TheSeks

Explain my Bowie Based friend.

CTE took out visual recoil and are tweaking it. But right now the "visual recoil" and recoil while suppressed feel like they're the same as BF3. It's very refreshing.

Of course, they're looking into fixing visual recoil/suppression recoil but man I hope they don't.

CTE said:
SUPRESSION RECOIL MODIFIED WHEN ZOOMED
I’ve now made the first of many changes coming to suppression. (See suppression post here).I’ve removed all recoil penalties from suppression for aiming down sights, and reduced hip fire penalties by 75% These changes will be an iterative process so it would be great to get everyone’s feedback.Why this first? Aside from being the quickest thing to change, I feel that recoil modifiers are too dependent on a weapon’s base stats and that the suppression you feel should be the same regardless of your loadout. My intention with this change is to get suppression feeling more even across the game.
I understand that flinching is the biggest problem here and adds a lot of imbalance to scoped weapons, so hopefully we can address that soon.Please continue to post feedback and suggestions. I will be making more posts to the suppression thread soon.
Keep being wonderful.

/undeadpixels

meppi

Just watch this video.

That's pretty much what they are doing. Suppression will be more of a graphic effect than anything.

Good!
That artificial bullshit should never have been in these games to begin with.

Now if DICE in all their infinite wisdom reduced the aim assist baby mode by 95% we might actually have a game that is somewhat worth playing.
Guess that'll never happen though ad they want to be bigger than CoD. lol

scogoth

I don't really like the new CTE-added suppression graphical effect. It basically "tunnel visions" you at times when you REALLY don't want to be tunnel visioned.

That way it should be, suppression should not affect any shooting mechanic only visual. The way it is now punishes players who can turn around quickly and shoot their attacker, who is constantly missing. If you get a drop on a player and you can't kill them before they turn around and shoot you then you deserve to die.

TheSeks

That way it should be, suppression should not affect any shooting mechanic only visual. The way it is now punishes players who can turn around quickly and shoot their attacker, who is constantly missing. If you get a drop on a player and you can't kill them before they turn around and shoot you then you deserve to die.

No you misunderstand, the suppression graphics is distracting and makes it hard to aim under suppression with the darkening of the screen and blurring.

It's as annoying as BF3's at times.

Top Bottom