• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I hadn't played this in over a year, but I downloaded everything again yesterday (65 gigs wooo) and man, I forgot how much fun this game can be. Looks, sounds, feels great. The Battlefield Moments [TM], too. Don't know how long it can last but for now it's perfectly scratching a certain itch.

Aters

I hadn't played this in over a year, but I downloaded everything again yesterday (65 gigs wooo) and man, I forgot how much fun this game can be. Looks, sounds, feels great. The Battlefield Moments [TM], too. Don't know how long it can last but for now it's perfectly scratching a certain itch.

The new free maps are great. Try them out. Also, they pretty much fixed the netcode for good.

VariantX

Eh, not sure that'd be good against PC users. But X-box/Playstation cross-play would mean you not needing to buy three(!) different copies. :p
Or maybe if no cross platform , a universal account where a players progress would be accessible across any platform. Who would want to grind on PS4, then have to start from zero if you get the PC version later?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Or maybe if no cross platform , a universal account where a players progress would be accessible across any platform. Who would want to grind on PS4, then have to start from zero if you get the PC version later?

Soldier progress being cross-platform was something being thrown around for BF4 but ultimately didn't make it in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

That was begged for since BF3 or so. It hasn't ever happened, due to DICE stating it was platform holders or whatever database restrictions.

bigedole

Hey all, I'm hankering for some decent squad play. I'm a mediocre player, mainly engi, sometimes assault. I always play conquest and I'm always on objective :) Used to play at release with a big group of friends, recently started playing again after a lonnnnnng hiatus, if anyone wants to play a round or two, let me know!

PSN: Ellery01

Edit: Forgot some simple details! I'm on ps4, I have a headset, play most week nights between 8 and 11 pm pacific, though I whisper since I'm playing down the hall from my sleeping toddler. Play most weekends at random hours. Shooters aren't my favorite type of game, so like I said before, I'm pretty mediocre if you look up my battlelog stats :) I really enjoy playing this with a squad of friends though.

TheSeks

Hmmm... apparently the "CTE community" is trying to get one last hurrah on the CTE servers (dunno if X-box CTE is alive or being worked on, PC has been dead since Jan. 1st) but I dunno if I want to join that or should keep the 30-50gigs duplicate files of BF4 on my harddrive since T1gg3 and company haven't said anything beyond that "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" post on CTE. :/

Im reminded how much they've completely fucked the jets in Rush. Tanks require several passes and air battles are so needlessly long and boring now.

Hmmm... apparently the "CTE community" is trying to get one last hurrah on the CTE servers (dunno if X-box CTE is alive or being worked on, PC has been dead since Jan. 1st) but I dunno if I want to join that or should keep the 30-50gigs duplicate files of BF4 on my harddrive since T1gg3 and company haven't said anything beyond that "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" post on CTE. :/

This game is dead on pc already? was about to give it a go

WillyFive

This game is dead on pc already? was about to give it a go

No, the game is very much alive. He's referring to the CTE, which is where they tested new updates to the game. Production on BF4 has ended, so there are no more updates for the CTE to test; so it doesn't need to exist anymore.

Mahonay

Banned
Been playing a ton lately and getting in a good rhythm. Getting lots of angry/salty PSN messages over the past week. That's when you know you're fucking shit up.

One message just said "CHEATER". Another person first called our team vehicle spammers and said we can't use guns, and then called me a CoD fanboy?

Picked up the PS4 version during a crazy sale a little while back, just to have it (already played a bunch on PC). I was level... 6, maybe, going into tonight. Just played a couple hours with a 200% boost enabled on top of the 4x. Currently at level 52 :lol

Lulu23

it used to be ~30-ish last gen

It actually is the fluctuation of the frame rate that irritates a lot of people. Rush is fine because it is mostly a solid 60fps but in conquest it fluctuates heavily.
A 30fps cap would make conquest playable for me again, and I'd pick it over unstable 60fps every day.

Tubie

Yet it was far more stable, and would only dip in certain scenarios. This game drops from the get go and bounces around non stop.

Yea, it's really noticeable when you play Battlefront for a while then go back to BF4 (both being on PS4 in my case).

BF4 going from like 30-60 wildly is very noticeable once you're used to stable frame rates.

TheSeks

4XP this weekend.

Meh. Has Anyone Really Been Non-Capped Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do 4XP More Like?

The game is two years old, anyone that hasn't hit P40 at this point is either super casual or in the process and nearly done. 4XP a year or two ago would've helped massively in the grind from 100->P40.

Oh well, you can get your pistols within five minutes now I guess? Still getting too many experience boosts once you hit the cap, though. DICE priorities. :/

It actually is the fluctuation of the frame rate that irritates a lot of people. Rush is fine because it is mostly a solid 60fps but in conquest it fluctuates heavily.
A 30fps cap would make conquest playable for me again, and I'd pick it over unstable 60fps every day.

Is it solid 60 on consoles? Because it feels like if anything hectic is going on you'll get framedips due to post-processing and other factors.

Meh. Has Anyone Really Been Non-Capped Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do 4XP More Like?

The game is two years old, anyone that hasn't hit P40 at this point is either super casual or in the process and nearly done. 4XP a year or two ago would've helped massively in the grind from 100->P40.

Oh well, you can get your pistols within five minutes now I guess? Still getting too many experience boosts once you hit the cap, though. DICE priorities. :/

or has enough XP to be 140, but it's split between four two platforms!

Lulu23

Is it solid 60 on consoles? Because it feels like if anything hectic is going on you'll get framedips due to post-processing and other factors.

With 32 players it certainly feels like it most of the time. Any player count above that and it feels like sub-30 sometimes, though maybe the fluctuation makes it feel worse than it is.

Mahonay

Banned
The 32 player Conquest Small servers have been laggy as hell for some reason lately on PS4. Random huge lag spikes at least once a match sometimes.

Been getting back into playing a lot of Conquest Large again and having a lot of fun. Framerate is worse for sure but it's playable. For some reason I do better in the chaos when there's a lot more enemies running around. There also tends to be more opportunities for "Battlefield moments" in the crazy shit storm of 64 players.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man it's been forever and loadouts are still fucked in PS4, my settings never fucking save, they always reset. Honestly that is minor annoyance because honestly the core gameplay in BF4 is so fucking good holy shit, i had forgotten how much fun this game is. The hour i played today made me really hyped for BF5, let's all hope it's not a fucking mess.

Dr Prob

Banned
Real quick (hopefully not too corny):

Joined GAF basically because I wanted to talk about Battlefield, maybe find some games. You guys were overwhelmingly awesome. Not going to do a list or any of that shit, but it was fun. Any lurkers maybe looking for people to play with: you can't go wrong here; not just because it's a good group but because they're terrible! Nexus of hardcore gamers and all that, you'd think they know what they're doing but you'll be fine. Mostly it's just Elzar getting everyone killed:

O3jnaNC.gif

:p

WillyFive

Joined GAF basically because I wanted to talk about Battlefield, maybe find some games. You guys were overwhelmingly awesome. Not going to do a list or any of that shit, but it was fun. Any lurkers maybe looking for people to play with: you can't go wrong here; not just because it's a good group but because they're terrible! Nexus of hardcore gamers and all that, you'd think they know what they're doing but you'll be fine. Mostly it's just Elzar getting everyone killed:

O3jnaNC.gif

What?

Tubie

O3jnaNC.gif

lmao I like that he tried to use the wall to slow himself down.

That was pretty much the same for me. BF4 was one of the first communities I started to follow and post in.

Played some BF4 Conquest today after a long time not touching this game.

And yeah there was a reason why i never liked Conquest in BF4.

Weak ass Rocketlaunchers, OP vehicles etc...

I hope the next Battlefield does Conquest better again.

TheSeks

Rocket Launchers aren't that bad. I dunno about Conquest, but Rush and Sabotage have a lot of Javelin and LAW (hi, OP/LAW!) spam in addition to people using the SMAW and RPG-7. Since the SRAW got nerfed
WHY.jpg
most people dropped that but there are still players using it.

The major problem (IMO) is they removed the disable-slowdown system of BF3 and basically made Disables nothing but a tickle in BF4.

"Oh, I got 'disabled' and there are no engineers around? Lemme back up behind cover and just auto-repair."

Played some BF4 Conquest today after a long time not touching this game.

And yeah there was a reason why i never liked Conquest in BF4.

I hope the next Battlefield does Conquest better again.

Oh just wait until you go into one of those servers where stingers arent allowed. So fun.

http://i.imgur.com/O3jnaNC.gif[img]

:P[/QUOTE]

Dr Prob

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(;_;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Top Bottom