• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

Talking about map exploits, I once saw (and shot) a defending tank sitting on the flank of the hill facing bravo. Not the spots where attackers are usually sitting, it was further down the road road and much higher up and. I don´t even know how to get up there on foot.

SWnly.jpg

I coudn´t find a better pic, but you might get the idea.

A real WTF moment seeing the thing up there, shooting my guys in the back.

So gaf, let's talk something other than lag :lol

Shotgun of choice and why ?

Favorite map ?

Best perks ?

and your final judgment on the M14 yay or nay ?

1stStrike

Banned
TheThunder said:

Favorite map ?

Best perks ?

Shotgun of choice? That's easy. 40mm shotgun! I use the AN-94 for mid to long range and swap over to the 40mm for close range combat. Works like a charm (except when I miss or the shot doesn't register)

Favorite map is easily Arica Harbor. Love the tank warfare and it never gets old.

Best perks: Magnum ammo, 4x scope, and optics/secondary fire depending on the situation.

M14... DISLIKE. I can't stand it.

Deadlock

I pretty much like to switch up all of them, but I probably like the saiga with slugs/magnum the most. The higher rate of fire leaves room for error.

Favorite map ?
Right now, it's Laguna rush. Probably because I went 16 & 0 with the UAV keeping it alive the whole time. Usually I equip optics for the UAV, but I was playing on hardcore so I decided to equip secondary fire. Gun somebody down and take off. That was fun.

Best perks ?
Well for vehicles I would say smoke, optics or secondary fire. Depending on the situation. I like to use smoke sometimes to give myself cover. Works well when repairing your tank.

final judgment on the M14 yay or nay ?
After using all the guns trying to get all golds, I am going to have to say it's a decent gun.

Binabik15

The only shotgun I ever used for more than a few minutes is the 870 with slug ammo and magnum ammo. Can kill from miles away, one-hit kills people nearby and looks great.

I play recon with G3 and lightweight equipment+magnum ammo or engi with tracer, rpg7 and explosives perks most of the time. It has been ages that I used a gun with a red-dot or 4x scope, I don´t know if the iron-sight shooting has made me better or worse with the comfort of a sight.

I love Valparaiso, Port Valdez and Laguna Presa and I don´t really care for Arica Harbour and I flat out hate Nelson Bay in Rush. I´ll quit whenever that map comes up.

1stStrike

Banned
Binabik15 said:
The only shotgun I ever used for more than a few minutes is the 870 with slug ammo and magnum ammo. Can kill from miles away, one-hit kills people nearby and looks great.

I play recon with G3 and lightweight equipment+magnum ammo or engi with tracer, rpg7 and explosives perks most of the time. It has been ages that I used a gun with a red-dot or 4x scope, I don´t know if the iron-sight shooting has made me better or worse with the comfort of a sight.

I love Valparaiso, Port Valdez and Laguna Presa and I don´t really care for Arica Harbour and I flat out hate Nelson Bay in Rush. I´ll quit whenever that map comes up.

I used to hate nelson bay too, but the more I played it, the more comfortable with it I became... and now I actually like it. I know where to sit when defending, I know where to go when attacking and it just kind of clicked for me. It's actually a really tactical map if you have a team that knows what they're doing. It's also a bitch to defend, but that's what makes it fun imo.

Unfortunately, it seems to come up way too often. We got stuck on it 4 times last night. At that point, you're just like, "Not agaaaiiinnnn"

Nelson Bay and Arica are my two favs. I could really take or leave any of the rest of them.

M14? Meh. It's okay, I guess. I just use the G3 all the time now because I'm comfortable with it and can use it no matter which class I am.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheThunder said:

Favorite map ?

Best perks ?

Shotgun of choice: Never used a shotgun other than the Saiga. (Im not a shotgun user)

Favorite Map: Arica Harbor and Canal de Panama

Best Specialization: Extra ammo (Engineer) and magnum ammo.

I really like that snow map on conquest (don't know the name:D) nice and tight and no extra open areas so tanks and choppers just own about everything *cough*actmadesert*cough*.

As for shotguns I didn't play them much but since the LMGs were bad while leveling my medic I tried the Neos and I thought it was okay gonna try the 870 next.

I never gave the M14 a fair shake yet but from what I tried of it the thing kicks like a Mule and with only 10 shots in each clip it doesn't look that much appealing.

Oh and you don't need scopes and optics, the iron sights work just fine in BC2 (well maybe not the M60:lol ).

Fersis said:
Best Specialization: Extra ammo (Engineer) and magnum ammo.

I always knew you're a smart guy :D

1stStrike

Banned
I need scopes. I'd never be able to do what I do with the AN-94 without the 4x scope on it.

Also, that conquest map is called White Pass.

Binabik15 said:
Talking about map exploits, I once saw (and shot) a defending tank sitting on the flank of the hill facing bravo. Not the spots where attackers are usually sitting, it was further down the road road and much higher up and. I don´t even know how to get up there on foot.

http://imgur.com/SWnly.jpg

I coudn´t find a better pic, but you might get the idea.

A real WTF moment seeing the thing up there, shooting my guys in the back.
you drive up diagonally on the left side and right behind the rock formation in the middle of the wall up there... in the Beta, you couldgo all the way up to the flat area on top, but they pushed the out of bounds area forward in the retail game. probably because attacking snipers could chill out up there too and duck back when they were getting shot...

TheThunder said:
lag, what lag? :p

NS2000, it cleanses souls.

Favorite map ?
Arica Harbor (Rush), it's the one map where i'm practically guaranteed to keep playing even if i said "last game" in the game before.

Best perks ?
Vehicle Alt Fire. so awesome!

Hell Yea! depending on the map...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bazajaytee said:
Update on the new patch and server delays this week
Hey everyone, yep I'm still around.
Just to let you know the patch is currently sat in QA but due to some kind of striking in Romania we won't get results until tomorrow at the earliest with our server fixes.

Thats what we are waiting on at the minute to figure out where we are and when we can release.

Their QA office is in Romania,theres a transport strike... so they cant go to work. =/

todahawk

Fersis said:
Their QA office is in Romania,theres a transport strike... so they cant go to work. =/

holy crap.

Hey Fersis, one thing I noticed is that I am almost guaranteed to get lag (at least over the last few days) is if I pick "play now"... I started last night by joining AzRim and the guys but we bailed after the other team rage quit. The server was full so I thought I'd play a match before trying again. *boom* horrible teleporting. Quit out and did "play now" again...the same thing but not as bad. But it's been this way over the last few nights. I've had little to no lag if I join friends though.

Binabik15

The Faceless Master said:
you drive up diagonally on the left side and right behind the rock formation in the middle of the wall up there... in the Beta, you couldgo all the way up to the flat area on top, but they pushed the out of bounds area forward in the retail game. probably because attacking snipers could chill out up there too and duck back when they were getting shot...

You should write a book, I´d buy it at a high price :D

How much of a difference is there between the 870 and the Neostead? The latter seems to be a tad stronger and slightly slower judging from the in-game graphs, but does it affect a usual short to mid range shootout with slugs and magnum ammo equiped? Reload time?

I think it´s a bit ugly though, that´s why I haven´t really tried it so far.

PS: Cheap headset for PS3, any recs?

Fersis

greenjerk said:
holy crap.

Hey Fersis, one thing I noticed is that I am almost guaranteed to get lag (at least over the last few days) is if I pick "play now"... I started last night by joining AzRim and the guys but we bailed after the other team rage quit. The server was full so I thought I'd play a match before trying again. *boom* horrible teleporting. Quit out and did "play now" again...the same thing but not as bad. But it's been this way over the last few nights. I've had little to no lag if I join friends though.
It works like this:
Play Now search for a server assigned to your region.
If you join a friend you join the server assigned to your friend region.

So no news about the lag huh? :s

Binabik15 said:
You should write a book, I´d buy it at a high price :D

How much of a difference is there between the 870 and the Neostead? The latter seems to be a tad stronger and slightly slower judging from the in-game graphs, but does it affect a usual short to mid range shootout with slugs and magnum ammo equiped? Reload time?

I think it´s a bit ugly though, that´s why I haven´t really tried it so far.

PS: Cheap headset for PS3, any recs?
the 3 pump shotguns have the same damage specs. the NS reloads the fastest, assuming you cancel the reload animation once the ammo is in.

wired or wireless? pretty much any old BT headset works fine.

Snowballo

There's one thing I don't get.

Are they going to release a new map or just new mode for existing maps?
And, concerning Onslaugh, don't we anything but the launch trailer?

Thanks.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Snowballo said:
There's one thing I don't get.

Are they going to release a new map or just new mode for existing maps?
And, concerning Onslaugh, don't we anything but the launch trailer?

Thanks.

I'm hoping they have a couple good BC1 maps (like Harvest Day, Oasis, or End of the Line) tweaked for the Destruction 2.0 changes.

Wished they'd let us know one way or the other.

Deadlock

Yes! I got 20 Destruction 2.0 kills. I will tell you how and where I got many of them.

The map and game mode is Port Valdez Squad Rush, and will be taking place in the first MCOM section. Best done as an attacker. For this I recommend the Recon loadout with both C4 specs and a bolt action sniper rifle. After spawning, run along the left side of the map and cautiously approach the 2 houses. You will be targeting the 2nd house. As you approach the 2nd house throw a motion sensor to see if anybody is inside, because sometimes they are all ready waiting to get 2.0'd. Go in and set up your C4 on the middle of each wall on the lower floor. Then, go all the way up to the attic and start watching the MCOM area. The object here is to catch the attention of the defenders, and lure them into the house. That can be done by either killing one of them or just shooting your sniper rifle. I recommended the bolt action because it is easy to see where the sniper bullets are being fired from.
Don't forget to watch your back, or you might get knifed. :D

PortValdezDes20.jpg

Binabik15

The Faceless Master said:
the 3 pump shotguns have the same damage specs. the NS reloads the fastest, assuming you cancel the reload animation once the ammo is in.

wired or wireless? pretty much any old BT headset works fine.

I just played and tried the animation cancel. It feels dirty, but I try to justify it by looking at all the instances of shooting someone in the face/chest without a reaction. That and never really using this trick before.

Evolved1

Binabik15 said:
I try to justify it by looking at all the instances of shooting someone in the face/chest without a reaction.

That seems valid to me. I love shotguns (870 is my best weapon) and recently I've been whoring the 40mm under barrel shotty. But I get consistently robbed at point blank range. I have to switch weapons and sometimes I'll win that battle, but most of the time I lose. And it's because the first shotgun blast didn't register. Once the other guy was real good and got me with a headshot or something while I was switching to primary and he had full fucking health when I died. Absorbed a blast center mass and no health loss. (Wasn't lagging then either) It's one of those known issues that'll probably never be fixed.

FerranMG

Binabik15 said:
I just played and tried the animation cancel. It feels dirty, but I try to justify it by looking at all the instances of shooting someone in the face/chest without a reaction. That and never really using this trick before.

How do you do that? :/

edit: Ah, ok, switching weapons.

1stStrike

Banned
FerranMG said:
How do you do that? :/

Wait until the bullet is loaded, swap to secondary, then swap back to primary.

reckless: Yea, there's time that's happened to me too. But, it's ususally like 1 out of 8 or so. Most of the time, they're dead. But, every now and then they'll absorb it and kill me. I can live with that. It was no different when I used the saiga and the USAS-12.

Cornbread78

Damn I love long weekend, I only got into a couple games late with you guys, my buddies were harassign me all weekend, so I split a lot of time on MW2 for double XP weekend. Man, this game is so much more fun theough, when you can just jump into a tank and blast a damn camper to hell! unfortunately, I'm still no closer on the 2.0 kils though.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
Wait until the bullet is loaded, swap to secondary, then swap back to primary.

reckless: Yea, there's time that's happened to me too. But, it's ususally like 1 out of 8 or so. Most of the time, they're dead. But, every now and then they'll absorb it and kill me. I can live with that. It was no different when I used the saiga and the USAS-12.

I use the under barrel now similarly to how I use the knife. You can't count on it, so it's become an ambush weapon for me. Sometimes I'll switch to it for initial room clearing, but too often it fucks me over in that role. It's actually somewhat effective at range. You can pop a fleeing enemy and even though it doesn't kill him out right, couple bullets from your primary finishes him off.

Pretty sweet weapon once you find your way around it. But if I'm in the middle of a nice killstreak, no way will I count on it.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
I use the under barrel now similarly to how I use the knife. You can't count on it, so it's become an ambush weapon for me. Sometimes I'll switch to it for initial room clearing, but too often it fucks me over in that role. It's actually somewhat effective at range. You can pop a fleeing enemy and even though it doesn't kill him out right, couple bullets from your primary finishes him off.

Pretty sweet weapon once you find your way around it. But if I'm in the middle of a nice killstreak, no way will I count on it.

I've always used it as an ambush weapon. The reload on it is too long and you only get two shots. I just get into a corner, swap to 40mm shotgun and wait. Whoever comes through the door first is fucked.

And, yea, it does do some damage at range. I shot someone yesterday about 30 feet away and killed them. Also, had a window peeker yesterday (looking through the window trying to find me) and shot him in the head :lol

It's got its uses, for sure. Only times I miss the 40mm grenades are on arica harbor where I need people to blow the door/train open.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
I've always used it as an ambush weapon. The reload on it is too long and you only get two shots. I just get into a corner, swap to 40mm shotgun and wait. Whoever comes through the door first is fucked.

And, yea, it does do some damage at range. I shot someone yesterday about 30 feet away and killed them. Also, had a window peeker yesterday (looking through the window trying to find me) and shot him in the head :lol

It's got its uses, for sure. Only times I miss the 40mm grenades are on arica harbor where I need people to blow the door/train open.

Because the F2000 is my primary assault weapon, and because I don't mind the iron sights on it, I take extra grenades and that gives me more shotty ammo. Also allows me to be a practical pitching machine with frags when sitting on one of my ammo boxes behind a hill or something.

:lol

1stStrike

Banned
I hate iron sights so much. Can't see shit in em. I'm too reliant on my 4x scope to use anything else at this point. Only time I change it out is when I go engineer and set my dude up for maximum explosives/explosive damage with the AT4, CG or anti-tank mines.

Evolved1

1stStrike said:
I hate iron sights so much. Can't see shit in em. I'm too reliant on my 4x scope to use anything else at this point. Only time I change it out is when I go engineer and set my dude up for maximum explosives/explosive damage with the AT4, CG or anti-tank mines.

Some are better than others... yesterday while working on stars for all weapons I switched (I think) to the UMP and the iron sight on that are almost comically bad. It's this tiny little hole you have to look through and a metal sight plate obscures most of your vision. Hahah... I switched to ACOG for that and it turned out to be an effective loadout. Owned with it when the lag wasn't owning me.

1stStrike

Banned
I rely on the zoom to actually find people. I like to creep forward, zoom in a bit and search the bushes. People blend it pretty easily with the camo and there are times when you can walk right past someone without noticing they're there.

Case in point, I snuck into the enemy base on Laguna Presa the other day, killed 4 or 5 people and then hid in a bush when they started looking for me. Two guys ran past without noticing I was there (about 3 feet away from them) and then I went behind them and shot both of em.

With the scope, I can see the details better and often notice people in bushes and the like. So, I'm completely reliant on it. I can kill fairly well with iron sights, but it's definitely outside of my comfort zone.

Anyway, I gotta go be productive (editing + running to the DMV to get a new license) so I'll be on later.

Evolved1

If it's anything like my DMV... we'll see you tomorrow. :lol

"Sir, take a number please"....

Binabik15

Using scopes is playing the game on easy mode. Very easy if you listen to pc snobs and look down on us console guys and our exploits :lol Don´t get me wrong I´d kill for red-dot on my G3 (<3<3<3), but I´ll never get it, so I adapted.

What REALLY bugs me right now is the new DLC uniforms. Sometimes they´re much harder to see and that is horrible. Bought items giving you in-game benefits, smh.

1stStrike said:

One out of eight can cost you a combat excellence pin, so it is kind of a big problem shotty users have to live with. No really, happened to me, but I need 9 more combat excellence pins to satisfy my inner collector/level whore :lol

:/

Hellcrow

My roommate has started playing this game on my account. He is basically giving away my name tag to the other team trying to snipe with lmgs. =(

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, true. All I need is 5 more combat excellence pins myself. It's pretty hard for me to get an 8 kill streak. Plenty of 6 kill streaks :(

I use the DLC uniforms and I'd have to agree with you. Get me up against a rock or in a bush and I'm pretty hard to see.

Binabik15

I think I´m at ~150 6 kill streaks and 41 8 kill streaks. It feels like half of the 6er streaks are 7er streaks, but that´s not true of course :lol Two 8 kill streaks were lost when I got a server disconnect in an epic game, driving the same Bradley through all m-com sets and not dying a single time until the last set, then got disconnect, leaving the guys in my tank without a driver in the AT´s fire zone :/ I sat there dumbstruck, then a slow "Noooo!" came out, like Cartman in that Pee episode. It cost me 2 combat excellence pins, my best K/D ratio ever, most likely the ace pin and stuff.

Anyone else experiencing server troube in Yurop? I was playing and every game had aweful hit detection, I literally had to shoot the Bradley´s MG until it overheats to kill the guy in my sights. Shotgun´d some engineer thrice in the back from a few feet away until he died instead of twitching. I left, checked my stats (I´ve had excactly 300 kills more than deaths every time I looked today, freaky) and it took maybe a minute to load my stats. Played Conquest instead of rush, still had strange hit detection and stuff. C4´d a tank and I got multiple hundred points but all ended with "xyz assist". How can you get a double kill assist? Left, checked my stats (had to wait another minute) and everything was set to zero. Weird stuff :lol

Oh well, I wanted to watch South Park in a couple of minutes anyway.

todahawk

Christmas Crippler said:
Yes! I got 20 Destruction 2.0 kills. I will tell you how and where I got many of them.

The map and game mode is Port Valdez Squad Rush, and will be taking place in the first MCOM section. Best done as an attacker. For this I recommend the Recon loadout with both C4 specs and a bolt action sniper rifle. After spawning, run along the left side of the map and cautiously approach the 2 houses. You will be targeting the 2nd house. As you approach the 2nd house throw a motion sensor to see if anybody is inside, because sometimes they are all ready waiting to get 2.0'd. Go in and set up your C4 on the middle of each wall on the lower floor. Then, go all the way up to the attic and start watching the MCOM area. The object here is to catch the attention of the defenders, and lure them into the house. That can be done by either killing one of them or just shooting your sniper rifle. I recommended the bolt action because it is easy to see where the sniper bullets are being fired from.
Don't forget to watch your back, or you might get knifed. :D

So you still get your 2.0 kills if you die as well? I'm assuming there's no way to get out of the attic? Or do you bolt when you see them coming and try to make it outside?

@Cornbread: still sitting on 4 of 20 :(

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
So you still get your 2.0 kills if you die as well? I'm assuming there's no way to get out of the attic? Or do you bolt when you see them coming and try to make it outside?

@Cornbread: still sitting on 4 of 20 :(

Yea, you still get them if you're dead. A kill is a kill. You just don't get the points for it.

I thought the D 2.0 kills were hard at first, but then I just kept getting them. It's not hard. Just use shit that blows other shit up. It's pretty easy :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom