• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
I'm buying RDR or something tomorrow. Hopefully that is fun online.

Maybe someday we'll get a Ghost Recon or something that goes back to the classic gameplay. Or anything like an old school (but updated) Operation Flashpoint.

Until then, whatever... but I'll tell you right now I'll never play BC2 again. Done with it.

You'll be missed :(

I've talked to people that have played RDR online and they said the multi is OK, but nothing really mind blowing. It's mostly the single player that's good, but apparently it still has a good number of bugs. I just bought 3D Dot Heroes, so I'll start that soon. In the mean time, I guess I'll try to finish FF13 and get that out of the way.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It was a ton of fun playing with you guys when the game worked.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Hahah... omg... you have to be kidding me with this lag. Game is broken.

I'm selling it tomorrow. Fuck EA & DICE.

I have better things to be doing with my time and money.

Oh man, that bad??? You're east coast aren't you?

When I heard that DICE was going to make MoH MP while still finishing up BC2 and have BF3 in early production I knew something was going to go wrong. They're probably too focused on pushing MoH to even care about Bad Company, I mean they already made their money. My only hope is that their shitty Co-op mode they are trying to push bombs hard.

1stStrike

Banned
TheThunder said:
When I heard that DICE was going to make MoH MP while still finishing up BC2 and have BF3 in early production I knew something was going to go wrong. They're probably too focused on pushing MoH to even care about Bad Company, I mean they already made their money. My only hope is that their shitty Co-op mode they are trying to push bombs hard.

It's gotta be EA pushing them to get all this shit out quick, fast and in a hurry so they can try and recover some of the money they've been losing. I can't believe DICE would willingly fuck all their games up by rushing this shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
I'm buying RDR or something tomorrow. Hopefully that is fun online.

Maybe someday we'll get a Ghost Recon or something that goes back to the classic gameplay. Or anything like an old school (but updated) Operation Flashpoint.

Until then, whatever... but I'll tell you right now I'll never play BC2 again. Done with it.
Sorry to hear that buddy. :(

1stStrike said:
It's gotta be EA pushing them to get all this shit out quick, fast and in a hurry so they can try and recover some of the money they've been losing. I can't believe DICE would willingly fuck all their games up by rushing this shit.
Gonna agree with you.
EA overbooked DICE.

Taking a short break. One game I had was awesome it was on isla Inocentes. I single killed 20 people + in a row without dying with a sniper rifle. One guy finally kills me and then teabags me :lol

Sine no gafers were on I decided to play on my no-care, no-mic, newbie account with random pubies.

Man I got to say I have seen the MG3SA in a new light.:lol
With no scopes, no magnum ammo, I LMG sniped 12 or so people a whole base away.
(the rate of fire is so high, that once you get them - it's hard for people to escape the cone of fire. Especially if they have no clue where people are even shooting from.)

Then on the last base, with B armed and a whole squad + a UAV on me , I killed 3 guys in one swipe of the MG3, knife the recon guarding the crate, disarmed B, destroyed the incoming UAV and WON THE GAME.

WHOO!

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
Sine no gafers were on I decided to play on my no-care, no-mic, newbie account with random pubies.

Man I got to say I have seen the MG3SA in a new light.:lol
With no scopes, no magnum ammo, I LMG sniped 12 or so people a whole base away.
(the rate of fire is so high, that once you get them - it's hard for people to escape the cone of fire. Especially if they have no clue where people are even shooting from.)

Then on the last base, with B armed and a whole squad + a UAV on me , I killed 3 guys in one swipe of the MG3, knife the recon guarding the crate, disarmed B, destroyed the incoming UAV and WON THE GAME.

WHOO!

I had a moment like that in conquest today with Olimpia. I was on Laguna Presa (playing assault with the AN-94 + 40mm shotgun attachment and 9mm pistol) at Charlie. I spawned on someone on my team inside a house and saw 3 guys outside. Took one out, another starts shooting at me, I shoot at him and kill the guy behind him as well for a double kill.

Then a medic runs in and I swap to the 40mm shotgun, shoot him with it, then I start reloading, but an engineer runs in so I swap to the pistol and shoot him.

Now I'm out of ammo, I'm trying to reload and some other douchebag runs in, tries to knife me and misses, I knife him and then I'm like, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS GOING ON? and try to reload my AN-94. But, finally, three guys rush in and all shoot me to death.

That was one of those moments that was just 100% pure instinct. It all happened in about 30 seconds or less too, but it felt like forever.

Battlefield is all about moments like those, but when the lag kicks in it just makes it damn impossible to have fun.

Razor210

1stStrike said:
Also, Razor is a failure of a medic :p One moment, in particular, sticks out to me. I died and was like, "Watch out, there's 2 or 3 guys in that--" *gets revived* "--building. OH FUCK!" *shoots wildly, kills one guy and gets gang raped by two more*
This was the situation from my point of view:

We're all sneaking behind the base, and out of the corner of my eye, I see striketh get shot down, and for some reason, my mind was telling me "oh, it was a guy at the other side of the base, so just run and quickly revive him."

As soon as I freaking get to him and my finger is about to press R1, I hear "Watch out, there's two guys (game: Squad Revive +80) (me: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU)

i get owned and mentally prepare myself for berating.

But this crap happened all the time. I see Crak get shot down, so I'd kill the offending enemy, revive Crak, turn to my right, and see two guys on a ridge. Exact same thing happened with Striketh.

But my piloting skills have improved :lol

1stStrike

Banned
lol Razor :p it's cool dude. And, yea, you can fly the helicopter without crashing it now. I'm proud of you :D

And, we finally had some lag free games tonight. I had Crak host the game to start and it was pretty laggy. So, I started the squad and he joined on me and bam, perfect server with no lag. We just finished a 4 hour or so session and it was beautiful. Lots of wins, lots of points, I hit rank 39, and got a shit ton of mine kills (they had a jeep FULL of people on arica harbor and ran over one of my mines bwahaha)

I'm getting good at long range tank warfare too. That shit is bad ass.

Anyway, here's hoping it'll be like this tomorrow. We had 6 or 7 gaffers on tonight all playing.

1stStrike said:
I'm getting good at long range tank warfare too. That shit is bad ass.

You need to move around a bit in the tank though.
Especially if you hear/see a sniper being spotted - a possible sign that they're mortaring you (which you should have also started to back up.)

The whole time I was like, "darn it Striketh can't hear me...that sniper is going to mortar us!"...then BAM there it was.:D

And unless being mortared, don't move too far back when someone is repairing you.:D

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
You need to move around a bit in the tank though.
Especially if you hear/see a sniper being spotted - a possible sign that they're mortaring you (which you should have also started to back up.)

The whole time I was like, "darn it Striketh can't hear me...that sniper is going to mortar us!"...then BAM there it was.:D

And unless being mortared, don't move too far back when someone is repairing you.:D

Oh, I know. I was concentrating on lining up my shots based solely on the orange tank icon lol.

And, prolly should have waited till I backed up first before hopping out to repair. But, this is why it's important to have a gunner that's on your squad.

I was getting frustrated yesterday earlier on though. I was on arica attacking and someone on my squad would hop in as gunner, and I'd be like "watch the stationary AT". 10 seconds later I'm getting hit by the stationary and I'm just like "WTF I told you to watch that shit" :(

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Oh, I know. I was concentrating on lining up my shots based solely on the orange tank icon lol.

And, prolly should have waited till I backed up first before hopping out to repair. But, this is why it's important to have a gunner that's on your squad.

I was getting frustrated yesterday earlier on though. I was on arica attacking and someone on my squad would hop in as gunner, and I'd be like "watch the stationary AT". 10 seconds later I'm getting hit by the stationary and I'm just like "WTF I told you to watch that shit" :(

You're starting to sound like Seks! :lol :lol :lol
Good fun last night all.

Those guys on the attack on Isla Innocentes were gluttons for punishment, just kept sitting back as snipers and letting us pick them off. I mortared two Blackhawks, one with a full load.

edit: holy shit, just checked my stats... with the GAF squad I went !1-0 last night.

& @ reckless, we had no lag that I noticed all night, please don't leave (but I have RDR if you do!)

Raide

Eteric Rice said:
I wish I could crawl on my belly as a sniper like in CoD. : /

So you want Recon to be even more overpowered? :lol Whole teams of Recon's, flat on the ground just picking people off...the joy!

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
You're starting to sound like Seks! :lol :lol :lol
Good fun last night all.

Those guys on the attack on Isla Innocentes were gluttons for punishment, just kept sitting back as snipers and letting us pick them off. I mortared two Blackhawks, one with a full load.

edit: holy shit, just checked my stats... with the GAF squad I went !1-0 last night.

& @ reckless, we had no lag that I noticed all night, please don't leave (but I have RDR if you do!)

/wrist

I had a lot of fun on arica harbor with them. Land mine city. I'm really surprised that lvl 41 stuck around for as long as he did.

Evolved1

Eteric Rice said:
I wish I could crawl on my belly as a sniper like in CoD. : /

How about you man the fuck up and play engineer.

edit: Btw, I knew I would cave... even after deleting all the BF stat sites from my favorites and putting the game in my car to reduce temptation, I was playing Fallout 3 yesterday and thinking, "Uh... this sucks. I want my my Uzi back." Playing with you guys is too much fun. I kind of look like a douche now, but whatever. They seriously need to get the lag sorted though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Violater said:
FUcking game is unplayable
Back to MW2
ughh *vomits*
I feel you man.

No news today about BFBC2 online?

Evolved1

Why do I still want to play Battlefield...

Because hitting a Blackhawk with a perfectly aimed rocket, causing it to crash and explode at your feet in a cloud of fire and metal, while singlehandedly emptying your SMG into the hapless bastards who jump out disoriented in the commotion makes you feel like a predator. And you can't get that anywhere else.

Or because having Strike yell at you for not gunning down the guy on the AT turret when you're distracted by the four other engineers with RPGs and the recon charging you with C4 is too damn funny. Shoot the guy on the turret and you get yelled at for missing the guy with C4. Jump out to repair and he drives away while you get asspounded by mortars! :lol

EA/DICE fix the fucking lag!

Ocho

1stStrike said:

Aw, I think you meant me. I'm not a gunner, I'm a driver. By the way, I think you should try alternate fire (<3) instead of long range stuff.

so, today on Atacama Desert, an enemy helicopter pilot was actually using smoke. i guess we both found out that it doesn't matter if you spray smoke after the locked on RPG is fired... :lol :lol :lol

So is this thread just ps3 players who hate the lag or do people here actually play the nice lag free pc version as well? No love for the PC version?

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
so, today on Atacama Desert, an enemy helicopter pilot was actually using smoke. i guess we both found out that it doesn't matter if you spray smoke after the locked on RPG is fired... :lol :lol :lol

With the dart buff, smoke seems like it'd be a more viable option... had he popped the smoke as soon as he was tagged your RPG would've been less effective. I've been considering making the switch to smoke, but I'm so used to having the quick reload.

Here's a question: if the gunner has smoke equipped, can the driver use it, even if they have armor or something? Can the gunner use it?

BattleMonkey said:
So is this thread just ps3 players who hate the lag or do people here actually play the nice lag free pc version as well? No love for the PC version?
no, there's some 360 players enjoying a mostly lag free experience too...

Eteric Rice

BattleMonkey said:

My computer is old + dvd drive is broken so I had to get the 360 version. :|

recklessmind said:
With the dart buff, smoke seems like it'd be a more viable option... had he popped the smoke as soon as he was tagged your RPG would've been less effective. I've been considering making the switch to smoke, but I'm so used to having the quick reload.
oh, he was popping off smoke every chance he got, i just managed to tag him shortly after he blew off someone else's tracer and then immediately switch to the rpg, lock on, aim up and fire. he actually blew off my tracer when my rpg was still going up in the air, then he tried to duck behind the ship hull, but the RPG came down on him anyway!

Here's a question: if the gunner has smoke equipped, can the driver use it, even if they have armor or something? Can the gunner use it?
no and no.

Fersis

BattleMonkey said:
Feel free to post PC love.
Mr. Snrub rocks the PC version.

desu

BattleMonkey said:

Uhm for me the its not lagless at well, often enough there are rubber band matches on pc as well, even the server is almost stand next to me...

Violater

Playing MW2 and jamming the select button to spot :(
going back to see if the lag has subsided

BTW am I the only person that has not beat the SP?

Evolved1

Violater said:
going back to see if the lag has subsided

BTW am I the only person that has not beat the SP?

Nope... I'm on the retarded frostbite level.

I'll be on in a few mins too.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
How about you man the fuck up and play engineer.

edit: Btw, I knew I would cave... even after deleting all the BF stat sites from my favorites and putting the game in my car to reduce temptation, I was playing Fallout 3 yesterday and thinking, "Uh... this sucks. I want my my Uzi back." Playing with you guys is too much fun. I kind of look like a douche now, but whatever. They seriously need to get the lag sorted though.
:lol I was hoping you'd cave. A couple of nights ago I heard you getting really pissed and then *rage quit* .... *offline*

I know what you mean though, the game is sooooo damn fun and addicting, it's like EA/DICE is your dealer and he's giving you oregano.... hard not to get pissed when you've had the good stuff before.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
:lol I was hoping you'd cave. A couple of nights ago I heard you getting really pissed and then *rage quit* .... *offline*

I know what you mean though, the game is sooooo damn fun and addicting, it's like EA/DICE is your dealer and he's giving you oregano.... hard not to get pissed when you've had the good stuff before.

I had something going on the other day that was unusually stressful. Not a good time to try and sit down to play an (at the time annoying) videogame... I'm generally much more mild tempered.

Today is great, for instance. Hopefully the servers aren't getting killed because of the holiday.

todahawk

Ballistictiger said:
Todahawk nice 4 kills with a single mortar on Isla Inocentes last night :lol

I absolutely LOVE doing that. :D
plus I got +30 vehicle damage, +100 vehicle destroyed for the Blackhawk, +30 m-com defense, +xx multikill, etc. That was probably my biggest combo ever.

Violater said:

:lol

Done that myself.

It's really a bad situation, either I play MW2 with it's mostly good connection but absolutely broken balance or play Battlefield which is pretty balanced overall but has the worst connection out there :/

At least I'm almost done with the medic. Will probably never look back on this bad class :lol

greenjerk said:
I absolutely LOVE doing that. :D
plus I got +30 vehicle damage, +100 vehicle destroyed for the Blackhawk, +30 m-com defense, +xx multikill, etc. That was probably my biggest combo ever.
I was right then when I was mentioning it to Strike. I was like it has to be a blackhawk because you got 4 kills. The odds of 4 guys getting blown away by a single mortar is extremely low.

When it happened first thing I said was "Holy Shit!" :lol

vixlar

Sorry to ask, but.. what is thah lag everybody is talking about? I've been playing all these days, and no lag for me. Maybe mexican people don't play BF too much, hehe.

And, ¿it is real lag or you can see lag as fps whores? I am talking about frames per second, you know them: "This shit is not running at 60 fps, 55 at most"

vixlar said:
Sorry to ask, but.. what is thah lag everybody is talking about? I've been playing all these days, and no lag for me. Maybe mexican people don't play BF too much, hehe.

And, ¿it is real lag or you can see lag as fps whores? I am talking about frames per second, you know them: "This shit is not running at 60 fps, 55 at most"
nah its real lag, like... people running and teleporting 10 feet and throwing out a med-kit and it disappears as if you never threw it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom