• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
YoungHav said:
can someone give me tips on destruction/building kills? 45hrs and never did one yet.

Rush:
Nelson Bay - Find a good hiding place, and just Mortar the destructible bases. Got my last 6 2.0 kills there within a day.

Port Valdez - If you're any good with the tank/UAV, destroying Site 2 Objective A can usually land you one or two kills.

Arica Harbor - Same as above, Site 2 Objective B (no one stays in S1-A)

Conquest:
White Pass: C4 the two buildings that sandwich the B flag.

Animator

This game is fucking unplayable due to lag lately. I am on ps3.

I am going to sell it next week if things dont improve by wednesday.

Razor210 said:
I can't be the only one who thinks the campaign sucks, right?

Oh it could be worse.
It could have been BC1 campaign.:lol

If you ask me, I'm actually not sure if MW2's campaign was better or worse...

Animator said:

I would at least wait till onslaught mode comes out, so at least you get to experience what all of the game can offer.

EDIT:
STILL EXACTLY 10 8 DR PEPPER EA DLC CODES LEFT TO GIVE AWAY!!
Draw me some form of bfbc2 fanart to get them!:lol
or you can just pm me if you really really don't want to....T_T

1stStrike

Banned
Lag is back in force right now. Rubber banding all over the place. Me and 8bitgeorge were in an blackhawk and I was trying to shoot down the hind with the gun, but I could barely fucking hit it because the gun was jumping all over the place and it'd fucking unzoom whenever I zoomed in. We ended up getting shot down because of that shit.

I'm done for a while. I can't play in lag. My stats take a noticeable hit whenever it lags like this.

Eternal Sleeper said:
I would at least wait till onslaught mode comes out, so at least you get to experience what all of the game can offer.

Wait you want to pay for an online mode when the current online mode doesn't work ?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Recon; my favorite weapon is the M24.

Assault; my favorite weapon is the F2000 w/ 40mm Shotgun.

Engineer; my favorite weapon --by far-- is the Uzi.

Medic; I fucking hate playing medic, all the rifles blow. I roll with the Garand. (Fix this stat shit DICE!)

My favorite overall weapon (all class kit) is the shotgun w/ slugs and mag ammo. :lol You do not live getting hit with that.

TheThunder said:
Wait you want to pay for an online mode when the current online mode doesn't work ?

1)Lag may be fixed by the time the mode comes out. At least it's a valid argument to make him wait a bit:D
2)Onslaught mode might be so good - that he will be willing to overlook the lag:lol
3)I have learned to stay skeptical when it comes to DICE and dlcs. They have a history of just eventually making everything free.

Az

Animator said:

You just don't know how this makes me mad. When you release a product and people pay the full price for it, it needs to work. When I pay for a new roof for my house, I don't expect it to leak for a month or more without getting fixed.

Also I don't need to know the names of the companies holding the servers, EA does the outsourcing they need to account for it.

I applaud Fersis for trying to contact people and all but Dice not having a "Community Manager" is in no way an excuse for not notifying your community. We can safely say that every person over there knows how to use twitter or write up a simple message on the internet.

/rant

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheAzRim said:
You just don't know how this makes me mad. When you release a product and people pay the full price for it, it needs to work. When I pay for a new roof for my house, I don't expect it to leak for a month or more without getting fixed.

Also I don't need to know the names of the companies holding the servers, EA does the outsourcing they need to account for it.

I applaud Fersis for trying to contact people and all but Dice not having a "Community Manager" is in no way an excuse for not notifying your community. We can safely say that every person over there knows how to use twitter or write up a simple message on the internet.

/rant
Looks like there are lots of people having issues with Comcast (They do traffic shaping)
So.. if you join a game with someone who uses Comcast BAM! Your game becomes laggy because it 'slowdowns' to the lowest denominator.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Looks like there are lots of people having issue with Comcast (They do traffic shaping)
So.. if you join a game with someone who uses Comcast BAM! Your game becomes laggy because it 'slowdowns' to the lowest denominator.

Before everyone goes, STRIKE MUST HAVE COMCAST CAUSE I ALWAYS LAG WHEN I JOIN HIM! I actually have roadrunner, so there :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Now we have to wait to EA to get in touch with Comcast and other ISPs.

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
Now we have to wait to EA to get in touch with Comcast and other ISPs.

LOL.... sorry, but I've been an avid follower of the ISP's for years. They're going to laugh at EA (if EA even contacts them). ISP's like Comcast, Cox, Roadrunner, Verizon, etc. don't give a rats ass about a game.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
LOL.... sorry, but I've been an avid follower of the ISP's for years. They're going to laugh at EA (if EA even contacts them). ISP's like Comcast, Cox, Roadrunner, Verizon, etc. don't give a rats ass about a game.
Yup i know :(

It really sucks if its something like this.

I really really love this game, more than R2 (Which was my favorite FPS ever)!!
I was totally burn out on FPS but when i tried the BFBC2 BETA i fell in love.

1stStrike

Banned
Besides, I'm not convinced it's the ISP. It's the server provider hitting capacity and not having enough bandwidth to support their customers IMO. It reeks of shitty bandwidth to me.

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Besides, I'm not convinced it's the ISP. It's the server provider hitting capacity and not having enough bandwidth to support their customers IMO. It reeks of shitty bandwidth to me.
The lag started just after the balance patch right?
mhmhmh maybe there are some servers on EC being filtered by comcast and the other traffic shaping ISPs ?

Though i think that EA/DICE should have made a blog post about the lag issues,or update the little scroll text on the main menu.

torontoml

I find most of my lag is in the afternoons, I don't seem to get it at all during evenings/nights. What a difference it is playing without lag, I've been consistently getting the top player for like 5 or 6 rounds, with a K/D of 3.0 or higher.

Nabs

hmm. Comcast does traffic shape with things like Bittorrent, but I've never known it to cause lag in games. Doesn't BC2 PS3 use servers rather than P2P?

1stStrike

Banned
torontoml said:
I find most of my lag is in the afternoons, I don't seem to get it at all during evenings/nights. What a difference it is playing without lag, I've been consistently getting the top player for like 5 or 6 rounds, with a K/D of 3.0 or higher.

I went 35 and 15 today with no lag. Then the lag started and I went like 7 and 9, 6 and 6, etc.

Fersis: I think it's just a coincidence dude. The lag is consistent with high usage. When lots of people are on it becomes unplayable. Hop online in the early morning when most people are sleeping and it's fine.

Nabs said:
hmm. Comcast does traffic shape with things like Bittorrent, but I've never known it to cause lag in games. Doesn't BC2 PS3 use servers rather than P2P?

Exactly. These are HOSTED servers, not P2P.

xMk2x

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
EDIT: STILL EXACTLY 10 8 DR PEPPER EA DLC CODES LEFT TO GIVE AWAY!!
2i1jyvt.jpg

Fersis

Nabs said:
Yup but thats the deal, some ISP could be flagging BFBC2 packages.
I mean if the packages coming from the servers are being delayed theres lag all over the place.

Dunno if this is really the issue, looks like EA is going to ask Comcast about the issue.

Again: EA/DICE dropped the ball by not making a blog post about it. But i guess there is a heavy burocratic protocol to post those. :lol

TheAzRim said:

/rant

Yo, bitching on gaf wont make the game "unlag" so stop FUCKING BITCHING AND GO PLAY UNCHARTED 2 :lol

Fersis said:
Looks like there are lots of people having issues with Comcast (They do traffic shaping)

Not necessarily.

I don't live in the US but if a guy with Comcast can go on and play MW2, Street Fighter, Halo ... etc and have little to no lag most of the time but still gets it on a regular basis in BC2 then the problem is with EA/DICE/whatever is giving them those servers.

They need either to add more servers or just buy new ones since the ones they have right now are as good as the ones NASA used back in the 70s.

Az

TheThunder said:
Yo, bitching on gaf wont make the game "unlag" so stop FUCKING BITCHING AND GO PLAY UNCHARTED 2 :lol

Not necessarily.

I don't live in the US but if a guy with Comcast can go on and play MW2, Street Fighter, Halo ... etc and have little to no lag most of the time but still gets it on a regular basis in BC2 then the problem is with EA/DICE/whatever is giving them those servers.

They need either to add more servers or just buy new ones since the ones they have right now are as good as the ones NASA used back in the 70s.

:lol You know that might be a good idea, it's been a while since I fired up U2. My 2009 GOTY.

Fersis

TheThunder said:
Not necessarily.

It could happen if Comcast (Or other ISP) doesnt flag BFBC2 packages as a game package.
Bazajaytee asked Comcast to flag them but they said that their platform is agnostic. (They dont flag packages)

So yeah, we are at square one. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:
:lol You know that might be a good idea, it's been a while since I fired up U2. My 2009 GOTY.

I never did get all the treasures in that game. I was working on it, as well as playing in the hardest difficulty, but got side tracked. I might have to pick it up again too... that and play the DLC for assassins creed 2... and play Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, uhh... 3D Dot Heroes....... White Knight Chronicles.............. Final Fantasy 13....

FML

todahawk

1stStrike said:
I never did get all the treasures in that game. I was working on it, as well as playing in the hardest difficulty, but got side tracked. I might have to pick it up again too... that and play the DLC for assassins creed 2... and play Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, uhh... 3D Dot Heroes....... White Knight Chronicles.............. Final Fantasy 13....

FML

Yeah, I want to get my Platinum for Demon's Souls, need to finish the DLC for Resident Evil 5, finish Dante's Inferno... i probably should stop now... but i just got Red Dead Redemption in the mail today :(

Fersis said:
It could happen if Comcast (Or other ISP) doesnt flag BFBC2 packages as a game package.
Bazajaytee asked Comcast to flag them but they said that their platform is agnostic. (They dont flag packages)

So yeah, we are at square one. :lol
Strike doesn't use Comcast and I'm from another country and we both get lag so ... try again :p

Fersis

TheThunder said:
Strike doesn't use Comcast and I'm from another country and we both get lag so ... try again :p
In theory if someone on that game has issues you could get lag too.

But i dont think its just a comcast issue, it has to be some server side thingy.

Eternal Sleeper said:
EDIT:

No a bad effort if I do say so myself. Captures the essence! :lol

AtacamaTypical.png

i'm guessing the lag is from not enough server capacity, and i mean bandwidth wise, not server wise, since this morning, it was laggy from 2-10AM on the EC on 360, and games were actually staying pretty full in the middle of the night, i assume from the big weekend...

oh, and one of my friends was live streaming games on ustream. oh wait, he's streaming right now... *jumps in*

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/suddendeath/

1stStrike

Banned
Fersis said:
In theory if someone on that game has issues you could get lag too.

But i dont think its just a comcast issue, it has to be some server side thingy.

*presses buzzer* WROOONNNGGGG

This isn't P2P. We all connect to the same server. Think of it as, oh, most PC FPS's. There's a server that everyone connects to. If your internet sucks, or you're in the North Pole and the server is in the South Pole, you'll probably lag. Does that affect other people? Nope!

Same thing here. Individual connections aren't going to affect the latency of the server. This is a classic case of dude-trying-to-host-a-counterstrike-server-on-his-moms-cable-internet syndrome (okay, except on a slightly larger scale :D)

Basically, either the patch did some REALLY fucked up shit to the servers/net code or the server provider has some really shitty pipes. That's what it boils down to.

East Coast servers are a mess thanks to weekend traffic today. West Coast was a lagging but it was playable. Instead of getting the sucked into walls rubberband I got the skipping one.

Good games today and not bad for my Wookie day.

1stStrike

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
East Coast servers are a mess thanks to weekend traffic today. West Coast was a lagging but it was playable. Instead of getting the sucked into walls rubberband I got the skipping one.

Good games today and not bad for my Wookie day.

To expand on this, I invited Crak to a game earlier and it was horrid. Unplayable. So, I had him invite me to a squad and joined a game and it was a lot better. Definitely the shitty east coast provider.

Anyway, we got some good games in and steam rolled the other team. I also finally got all 5 of my knife-a-buddy dog tags thanks to Razor. We did a little meet and greet :lol

Also, Razor is a failure of a medic :p One moment, in particular, sticks out to me. I died and was like, "Watch out, there's 2 or 3 guys in that--" *gets revived* "--building. OH FUCK!" *shoots wildly, kills one guy and gets gang raped by two more*

We have some rather interesting conversations when we're on a squad. Lots of douchebagery going on :lol

Welp. 80 hours in and I think I'm going to send it off to Amazon for $27 credit. I still love the game but am quite tired of the same maps and laaaag. I'll pick it up cheap again or on Goozex when things have progressed nicely. I'll be back! Hopefully...

Odrion

Banned
Yeah, I'm sick of this lag and how they haven't fixed the fucking achievements. Wow Dice, way to kill a fucking good game. I'm scared at how much the player base will be shrunken down to by the time they get off of their damn asses and address this problem.

Odrion said:
Yeah, I'm sick of this lag and how they haven't fixed the fucking achievements. Wow Dice, way to kill a fucking good game. I'm scared at how much the player base will be shrunken down to by the time they get off of their damn asses and address this problem.

It's annoying but I'm not really pissed. 80 hours is great for me on a game. I just don't want it sitting on the shelf, losing value when I can pick it up later when things are smoothed out.

Odrion

Banned
Can't they just roll back the servers to the previous patch and rework it, or is there something else going on other than the patch?

Loxley

Eternal Sleeper said:
EDIT:

Here's a relatively quick sketch of an (apparently) imbittered Sweetwater ;)

*And I just realized that his legs are proportionally smaller to his waste than they should be, oh well, remind me to never draw at 2:30 in the morning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom