• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loxley said:
Here's a relatively quick sketch of an (apparently) imbittered Sweetwater ;)

*And I just realized that his legs are proportionally smaller to his waste than they should be, oh well, remind me to never draw at 2:30 in the morning :D

That must be a huge shit!

Loxley said:
Here's a relatively quick sketch of an (apparently) imbittered Sweetwater ;)

*And I just realized that his legs are proportionally smaller to his waste than they should be, oh well, remind me to never draw at 2:30 in the morning :D

Way better than what I can draw at 2:30 in the morning:lol

Codes pmed to you :)

Still 5 left to give away!:D

Ocho

1stStrike said:
Also, Razor is a failure of a medic :p One moment, in particular, sticks out to me. I died and was like, "Watch out, there's 2 or 3 guys in that--" *gets revived* "--building. OH FUCK!" *shoots wildly, kills one guy and gets gang raped by two more*

We have some rather interesting conversations when we're on a squad. Lots of douchebagery going on :lol

It depends, man.

If you're attacking, it's worth the rez 'cuz of the extra gained ticket you've lost anyway. Got one more guy this time? Great!

In defence situations, though, I can vouch there are some times keeping someone dead is better.

Depends on the situation I agree, but there are times even when attacking it's not even worth it. I've seen a lot of suicidal medic that revives a person in the middle of a firefight just for both to die.

Today was a learning experience for Razor. We need a squad member that plays the medic role. So far we got the Assaults, some Wookies, and Engineers depending on the maps.

I won't be a Medic though, I'm mainly an Assault since the start of the game and my secondary is Engineer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry I haven't checked the thread in ages, but I was trying to play BC2 with my friends yesterday and it was completely unplayable in terms of lag. Apparently it's been like this for a couple of days now, am I the only one?

Ballistictiger said:
Depends on the situation I agree, but there are times even when attacking it's not even worth it. I've seen a lot of suicidal medic that revives a person in the middle of a firefight just for both to die.

Today was a learning experience for Razor. We need a squad member that plays the medic role. So far we got the Assaults, some Wookies, and Engineers depending on the maps.

I won't be a Medic though, I'm mainly an Assault since the start of the game and my secondary is Engineer.

As an avid medic player, I would have to say stuff like that will always happen once in awhile. So you just gotta forgive him sometimes.

The only unforgivable offense a medic can do is to revive you multiple times in front of the same enemy/gunfire...

Watch. Striketh is going to come around saying "You're not a medic player, you're a freaking UAV."
:D

RANDOM Tip for new medics:
Pay attention to death icons on your mini-map. They're essentially like motion sensors telling you where the enemies might be.:lol

I can't wait to finish off leveling the medic which is my last class to unlock everything to move on and never lock back. LMGs are not my style of play at all and totally worthless.

Edit: I should say that I'm totally fine with the medic like this balance wise. Given their ability to heal themselves and revive teammates they should always lose a 1on1 against the assault and engineer.

TheThunder said:
I can't wait to finish off leveling the medic which is my last class to unlock everything to move on and never lock back. LMGs are not my style of play at all and totally worthless.

Edit: I should say that I'm totally fine with the medic like this balance wise. Given their ability to heal themselves and revive teammates they should always lose a 1on1 against the assault and engineer.

What's your main issue against LMGs though?
The slow start up? the slow maneuverability? high recoil?

TheDuce22

Banned
So for some reason the lag has been out of control the past few times ive tried to play. Are we expecting a fix or should I go ahead and sell the game?

Fersis said:
Looks like there are lots of people having issues with Comcast (They do traffic shaping)
So.. if you join a game with someone who uses Comcast BAM! Your game becomes laggy because it 'slowdowns' to the lowest denominator.

How does that explain why there were no problems untill recently.

Eternal Sleeper said:
What's your main issue against LMGs though?
The slow start up? the slow maneuverability? high recoil?
I'm a rusher so I like to get at people face and shoot form the hip a lot which LMGs are horrible at. Also they are pretty bad at long range as well. So they are pretty much more of a support weapon which I'm totally fine with since it keeps the classes balanced.

The funny thing is I did the engineer before the medic thinking the the engi will be the worst class and I would only use it to take out tanks camping us but as it turns out SMGs are in the words of Chirs Hu "god like" and along with the Carl Gustav there is nothing but good times :D
when the servers are not lagging of course

1stStrike

Banned
Eternal Sleeper said:
I do it every single time >.>
Yesterday, Striketh or someone else on our team also did the same thing to the Final Base's B

Nope, wasn't me. I use the UAV to blow B up there most of the time. Or, you know, do it legit. I am going to do that secret path in Port Valdez today, though...

Eternal Sleeper said:
As an avid medic player, I would have to say stuff like that will always happen once in awhile. So you just gotta forgive him sometimes.

The only unforgivable offense a medic can do is to revive you multiple times in front of the same enemy/gunfire...

Watch. Striketh is going to come around saying "You're not a medic player, you're a freaking UAV."
:D

RANDOM Tip for new medics:
Pay attention to death icons on your mini-map. They're essentially like motion sensors telling you where the enemies might be.:lol

I'm mostly just busting on Razor :p He did fine. Just got a little too gung ho at times and was like, MEDIC POWWAAAAA *revives me* and I'm like, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU and die again :lol

Darklord said:
What the hell are those voices at the start? When I pick Russian they speak Russian. Why are they English speaking there?

Go to the audio menu in options and pick enemy team VO either standard or localised. It's less cool in English but you can at least hear what they're saying.

xMk2x

Banned
Is there anything special I am supposed to be doing with this Dr Pepper code? I've gone to the store and entered the code with spaces but it says that it can't be verified. If I can't get it to work it's no biggie since I don't even know what it does but if there's a trick I'm not doing I'd appreciate any help I can get. :lol

xMk2x said:
Is there anything special I am supposed to be doing with this Dr Pepper code? I've gone to the store and entered the code with spaces but it says that it can't be verified. If I can't get it to work it's no biggie since I don't even know what it does but if there's a trick I'm not doing I'd appreciate any help I can get. :lol
you're supposed to enter it on the dr.pepper website.

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheDuce22 said:
So for some reason the lag has been out of control the past few times ive tried to play. Are we expecting a fix or should I go ahead and sell the game?

How does that explain why there were no problems untill recently.
I asked the same thing to the DICE folks .... no answer.

1stStrike

Banned
Just played a couple rounds with Violator. East coast servers are still unplayable. Don't even bother unless you have a west coast friend to start the game for you (hi Crak).

Also, tried out that little "shortcut" on Port Valdez. Worked like a charm...

I will now add that to my arsenal of cheap tricks :lol

I'm getting sick of the goddamn lag. It wasn't like this when it first came out . All this lag popped up after the game was updated. Is this what you get with dedicated servers. When problems go wrong it's up to lazy developers to sort it out. So many problems still wrong with the game but they have the nerve to be coming out with new mode.

Hey Dice why don't you unlock some more those fucking maps I paid for that are currently on my disk. It'll be fucking December before I get to play the full damn game I paid for. There's no excuse for obvious bugs to still be in the game 3 months after release. Compound the fact that now the game is laggy as fuck makes the whole thing a fucking joke. This will probably be my last BF game since they seem to have a track record of releasing broken games and not doing a thing to fix them.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No_Style said:
TOW sniping? So awesome. <3 doing it on that map and Port Valdez.
I like to use the ones in the enemies base. 50% of the time, no-one notices the guy shooting rockets at the MCOM from 10 feet away.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Demize99 said:
Again for those many of you on Comcast (and other east coast cable) contact your ISP and complain. We will do our part but need your help!

Yup.

TheAzRim said:
I don't understand the whole east coast cable stuff. Everything was fine until the patch, so what did the patch do to Comcast users?
Dunno, according to Comcast they dont flag packages so its not a server side change that made Comcast to not flag BFBC2 as a game.
Also it could be the that EA/DICE is not even close to find the issue so they blame comcast.

Az

I don't understand the whole east coast cable stuff. Everything was fine until the patch, so what did the patch do to Comcast users?

Odrion

Banned
TheAzRim said:
I dunno, my theory is that when they applied the patch they changed their servers. If this was only because of the patch I think it would of been resolved by now.

todahawk

Odrion said:
I dunno, my theory is that when they applied the patch they changed their servers. If this was only because of the patch I think it would of been resolved by now.

Was gonna join in but I haven't had problems in the last few days so I'm not gonna chance jinxing it.

I need to get a bumper sticker or something that says "I'd rather be playing Bad Company 2" (currently painting the bedroom, stairs and landing... checking the GAF BC2 thread will have to suffice for now)

how many times does a team have to drive into AT Mines when leaving their base before they stop and check to see if there are any AT Mines on the road?

Combat Excellence with just AT Mines? crazy!

1stStrike

Banned
Played some games with Olimpia, Fersis and danthaman. Still laggy. Lots of shitty kids on too. Olimpia and I were in a game and this little kid gets on and is like, "Yea, I'm gonna get my sniper rifle out. I love shooting people from like 4 miles out, it's so cool. By the way, can you see my name? I've only been playing online games for a year. What's your name mean?"

All in a high pitched voice. Without stopping for air, I'm sure.

We bailed really quick.

I'm done for a while... might try to get on later if Crak or some other west coaster logs on, but other than that imma hit up some FF13.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hahah... omg... you have to be kidding me with this lag. Game is broken.

I'm selling it tomorrow. Fuck EA & DICE.

I have better things to be doing with my time and money.

1stStrike

Banned
recklessmind said:
Hahah... omg... you have to be kidding me with this lag. Game is broken.

I'm selling it tomorrow. Fuck EA & DICE.

I have better things to be doing with my time and money.

Yea, I think a lot of us are close to that point. Problem is, I don't have any other online game to play right now. I would say Medal of Honor, but that's made by DICE too... and will probably have a lot of the same issues.

Socom 4? I dunno, I'm running out of options here.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm buying RDR or something tomorrow. Hopefully that is fun online.

Maybe someday we'll get a Ghost Recon or something that goes back to the classic gameplay. Or anything like an old school (but updated) Operation Flashpoint.

Until then, whatever... but I'll tell you right now I'll never play BC2 again. Done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom