• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield:Heroes Screenshots

bran

The art looks like garage sale children book material. Will still download for a try though!

Let's just hope this game will not be locked to Wii resolution :p
1920x1200 please!

Ferrio

Banned
Screw this game. Just thinking about how they have the pay model set up disgusts me. Not to mention they've never been able to maintain a single one of their games.

You know what, I based my previous reaction on what the pics looked like on my mobile and GAF reaction. It really doesn't look that bad for a free downloadable game. There's certainly nothing offensive about it.

Borys

Banned
More pics, looks fine to me:

Classes:

12988561.jpg

85741884.jpg

Other:

65387117.jpg

37773411.jpg

55797826.jpg

66582337.jpg

20114598.jpg

65451263.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kinda reminds me of a Dreamworks 'sequel' to a Pixar film, graphically at least. Doesn't look bad but it's a definite rip-off, and that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Having said that there are definitely some original ideas in the game itself, plus the business model seems like something we should all actively support. I'll be playing day 1.

twofold

It's a free game intended to have a simple art style that runs on a large variety of computers WoW-style. Judging by some of the comments here, some of you expected the second coming of Crysis, or something. Come on, be realistic folks.

Anyhow, I like the look of it. Looking forward to seeing more of the game.

VaLiancY

I'll give it a try. But like most of us we'll look more forward to the next big Battlefield(which EA will stop caring for after a year.)

Slavik81

The first image looks shitty because it's stretched and blurry. They took a picture instead of scanning it and they didn't take it straight so the aspect ratio's fucked up.

Replace the pics in the OP with Bory's pictures.

Ten-Song

Don't think it looks that bad. It's kind of uninspired, but it's not horrible looking. It's free, so I guess I have no real reason not to try it out and see how it works myself.

Jaagen

This would have been a really cool WiiWare(XBLA and PSN too) with toned down graphics(it still could have looked good because of the style. I'd imagine the Wii game looking like the first screen(stretched-out, blurry one)

Borys

Banned
Jaagen said:
This would have been a really cool WiiWare(XBLA and PSN too) with toned down graphics(it still could have looked good because of the style. I'd imagine the Wii game looking like the first screen(stretched-out, blurry one)

lawl

Not every game under the sun has to come to consoles you know.

Besides, as I said already, you Wii owners have BWii.

Jaagen

Borys said:
lawl

Not every game under the sun has to come to consoles you know.

Besides, as I said already, you Wii owners have BWii.

That is very much true, but it was just a thought(Isn't the multplayer in BWii pretty gimped?) Oh, and I'm of course going to play this on the PC(I'm not console defence force running in on this thread)

Sanjay

this game looks great to me, very refreshing compared to whats out there right now. this will look sweet at max settings 1080p res with AA16 & AF16 running at 200FPS...

1-D_FTW

Battlefield Heroes >>> Neogaf.

This thread is unbelievable to read.

Love the plane bit. You wanna kill people on the ground? Use skill and shoot them with your gun. Don't have skill for that? Go for the bigger/easier targets and fight fellow pilots. No more "planes/uber bomb spamming = Win Button" is the greatest thing to ever happen to the series.

Rorschach

37773411.jpg

Why does that look like so much fun to me? :lol More personal than 2's jets and hopefully, they will handle better than 1942's planes.

eznark

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
It's like TF2 with none of the style. :(

The people look more like the commanders from Batallion Wars to me. But, if it's fun who cares if the art style is ripped off?

Jacobi

Banned
Dibbz said:
Seems like a Warhawk knockoff.
Are you fucking kidding me? Why are people only writing stupid shit in this thread?

BF:Heroes looks awesome, hopefully we'll get a beta

Nate405

So is the Nazi stuff just removed for the German version or is it going to be the "National" and "Royal" armies everywhere?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Nate405 said:
So is the Nazi stuff just removed for the German version or is it going to be the "National" and "Royal" armies everywhere?

Yeah it's kinda stupid when they have the bloody RAF ensignia on the wings of the plane

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Blah at art style?

What did you expect.

Very few brands want to sponsor or be around heavily M rated, mature and violent content.
It was a move on their part to attract advertisers.

If you consider yourself a gamer, you should support this game and this burgeoning trend.

This has the potential to invigorate the PC gaming market in very new ways and we should all be excited that a huge moneyhat publisher is taking a chance and exploring new ways to bring us entertainment.

Everyone bitches how EA nickels and dimes us with pay-for DLC cheat codes, and the like, This is your retribution. Embrace it.

If we support this game, and contribute to it's success, we'll likely have more free, quality content.

all that aside, the game looks good and will surely be a fun way to kill 20 minutes to an hour on a sunday afternoon, or let escape to the computer room at my in-laws for a breather.

Try to see the big picture.

This doesn't look too bad, especially for a free game. I doubt I'll play it, though. Still have a bad taste in my mouth from BF2.

guidop

Can someone tell me if this is a FPS or not? For me thats the most important thing about this game

AHH... what does it matter its not coming to Australia anyway.

Slavik81

Dibbz said:
Seems like a Warhawk knockoff.
:lol

Gotta love console-only gamers. Every once in a while you see a comment like this and their tunnel vision is exposed.

Maybe I should go into an Advance Wars thread and call Days of Ruin a Field Commander knockoff.

CTLance

For free? Eh. Why not? The cartoony style is A-OK with me. The eternal WW2-Nazi-vs-Axis theme gets on my nerves, but whatever. For that price I'm willing to suffer through it. :D

Only worrying aspect: My KD ratio is around 0.5 in most games. I suck. Wich is not good in team-oriented games like this.

Zweisy1

The art style is alright.. Not as nice as TF2.

Can't say im that excited for the game. Battlefield seems to get worse and worse with each sequel.

Cheeto

JDSN said:
I wonder if your (over)reactions would be the same if this was published by another company. :lol
It's fun to pretend...Right now I'm imagining what the reaction would be if this was developed by Insomniac, Naughty Dog, or Bungie.

Top Bottom