• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield:Heroes Screenshots

TemplaerDude said:
i knew i was going to come into this thread and see a bunch of "OMG TF2 RIPPOFFZ" comments.

apparently any game that looks remotely cartoony is going to be labeled a tf2 ripoff... even if it looks NOTHING like tf2.

The fact that it's coming out right after TF2 sort of proves that it is a TF2 ripoff. In fact, it looks like the love child of TF2 (art, weapons) and COD4 (abilities, spawns). The artstyle is even worse, IMO.

So what if it's free? I'd rather pay $50 for a good Battlefield 3 than get this for free when I'd rather play TF2.

CamHostage

The character design is very underwhelming despite a promising concept of how to take the series a new way (the art style in general I don't find all that bad), but I don't think many here are giving credit for what this game is going for. BF Heroes is meant to be the "casual" battlefield, very easy to play and very modest power requirements and very easy to connect and game, ideally with the same complexity and fun of standard Battlefield for those who use more and more of its access.

Jacobi

Banned
Death_Born said:
The fact that it's coming out right after TF2 sort of provesbalablabfas.
do you know how long it takes to develop a game :lol NO YOU DON'T
this doesn't look even too similar to TF2, yeah they both are kinda cartoony, got more similarities? NO

John Harker said:
Blah at art style?

What did you expect.

Very few brands want to sponsor or be around heavily M rated, mature and violent content.
It was a move on their part to attract advertisers.
The Battlefield series has never been M-rated.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
As others have said, this looks like TF2 without any of the good character design.

It's kinda like, TF2 has Character designs straight from a good pixar movie whereas this has character design straight out of a Dreamworks spin off of that movie, and these characters are kinda like the background dudes that would be in the same scene as the main character.

sp0rsk said:
It's kinda like, TF2 has Character designs straight from a good pixar movie whereas this has character design straight out of a Dreamworks spin off of that movie, and these characters are kinda like the background dudes that would be in the same scene as the main character.
You could say it a lot simpler, dude.

TF2: It's like a cartoon!
vs.
BH: It looks like a cartoon!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, to be fair, they haven't had all that much dev time since TF2's unveiling...dotdotdot

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
EviLore said:
Well, to be fair, they haven't had all that much dev time since TF2's unveiling...dotdotdot

or spending 9 years finding the right design for the game ...dotdotdotdot

Top Bottom