• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Official Final Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
God, that was a humongous download off of PSN, and just as I had thought, the download list in the video store becomes empty after you watch and delete the video from your hdd. Shit's stupid.

Anyways, I enjoyed the plan. It wasn't super awesome, but it was a nice little note that added to the overall story.

When is Caprica going to start showing beyond the pilot?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just finished watching the entire series from start to finish. Loved every second of it :D

I heard there was a lot of hate for the last season but I thought it was really well done. The plotline with Tom Zarick was really intense. The last episode was well done, but a little weak.
Bought The Plan on Blu-Ray to watch this weekend.

Treo360

Oh man, I'm watching The Plan now. Gods I miss BSG. Too bad there's nothing on Syfy that fills this hole. Not that crap that "tries" to be BSG in its "edginess."

Darkness said:
Just finished watching the entire series from start to finish. Loved every second of it :D

I heard there was a lot of hate for the last season but I thought it was really well done. The plotline with Tom Zarick was really intense. The last episode was well done, but a little weak.
Bought The Plan on Blu-Ray to watch this weekend.

Last season was controversial amongst fans more than anything, some hated choices made or loved it. I think it was overall far better than season 3 which after the first couple of eps turned to shit.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
My Bluray set of BSG (complete series) came in on tuesday, just got through rewatching the miniseries and first season.. goddamn it looks great on Blu.

I'm glad I got it though, as apparently the bluray complete series set has been discontinued, and is becoming increasingly hard to find...

*hugs set*

Also, watching season 1 and beyond "knowing" who are cylons, and knowing that the head six / head baltar are actually Angels; it really casts the whole series in a different light.

It's kind of like rewatching LOST knowing what we know now... it makes the show that much greater.

yacobod

Banned
DrEvil said:
I'm glad I got it though, as apparently the bluray complete series set has been discontinued, and is becoming increasingly hard to find...

the bluray set is 174 on amazon, i was thinking of picking it up at that price, i've never seen the show, but was always meaning to check it out eventually

Treo360

Wow, the 4's/Simon are actually pretty damn cool. Too bad they were under utilized in the Series. I actually felt bad for them watching this.

And damn at that 6.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
yacobod said:
the bluray set is 174 on amazon, i was thinking of picking it up at that price, i've never seen the show, but was always meaning to check it out eventually

I got it at Amazon last week for $205..

Not to derail the thread, but amazon customer service is awesome.. they just refunded me the $31 price difference an entire week later :)

Raiden

Banned
Well just saw the ending, and it dont know how to feel.

But it makes not much sense to me, after everything they have been through .. they all go their own way, Bill Adama goes away, says goodbye to Lee, as if they we're never to see each other again. Kara vanishing into thin air ...

Destroying all their technology ...

NimbusD

Don't feel like writing up impressions right now. I liked it. I just wanted to comment on how funny it was to see Tyrol bounce back and forth between skinny and chunky every couple scenes.

adg1034

Some minor news on the music front: the soundtracks to seasons 2, 3, and 4 are now up on iTunes. In addition, both a music video and audio single of the live performance of "Apocalypse" (the majorly kick-ass new music from "The Plan") are available for purchase. Now, assuming you're so inclined, you might want to hold off on the Apocalypse music video, as iTunes apparently misconverted the original submission into mono, but it sounds like they'll be able to remedy that.

Milabrega

Can anyone who has watched The Plan spoiler tag and bullet point the plot of the film? Don't really want to watch it, but curious about the story.

Coop

I thought it was alright. Didn't really care for it either way. I defiantly agree that the Simon's were probably the best thing about the movie.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I just watched the plan..

Why did they feel the need to zoom in on some guys penis about 1 hour in during a scene in the washrooms? :(

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's so funny such a thing can be so trauma inducing for some of you ... especially since you probably have one. Meh, you have my condolences.

Sai-kun

Banned
Treo360 said:
Wow, the 4's/Simon are actually pretty damn cool. Too bad they were under utilized in the Series. I actually felt bad for them watching this.

And damn at that 6.

Sexy 6? She was hilarious :lol :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Raiden said:
Well just saw the ending, and it dont know how to feel.

But it makes not much sense to me, after everything they have been through .. they all go their own way, Bill Adama goes away, says goodbye to Lee, as if they we're never to see each other again. Kara vanishing into thin air ...

Destroying all their technology ...

This is how I felt.

I didn't know how to feel, Bill was the only person who still has his plane flying around and shit. It's like everyone was like F you I'm outta here. After all the shit they been through.

I'm 100% sure chief turned into a abominable snowman.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I got the BSG complete blu ray set today since BB matched Amazons $199.99 sale. Also grabbed the plan, I haven't watched anything since the finale, so shoudl be good times.

Man the box is terrible though. Looks good but it's so impractical. I good the season boxes out and tossed the box in the closet, it's just so freaking big.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Watching through the blu-ray and have more issues with it. I wish they'd put episodes and extended episodes on the same disk. With no disk guide, I finish and episode, pop in the next disk and first thing on it is the extended episode.

"The Plan" is on this Sunday on SyFy. I agree with Maureen Ryan's assessment:
There are some witty lines, a good performance by Stockwell and it's nice, on one level, to revisit the "Battlestar" world that I still miss so much. But "The Plan" is probably something that only hardest of hardcore "Battlestar" fans will want to check out. And they may find, as I did, that it filled in small gaps in the storytelling that may not have needed to be filled in.

Duki

Banned
the plan wasn't bad, but it was totally unnecessary and a total cash in. pretty boring to boot.

ah well, at least it didn't actively ruin anything.

Forearms

I just finished the final season last night. I rarely watch seasonal TV shows when they originally air as I'm incredibly impatient.

I can honestly say my eyes "got wet" at the end of the last episode. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line I got emotionally attached to the characters. Crazy stuff.

I'll be looking to download "The Plan", but I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I rewatching the series now, so awesome. On the finale, I thought it was great but I can't get out of my head a proposed scene that never made it into the show. Katee Sackoff wanted to have her last scene to be
after she disappears in the middle of her conversation with Apollo, she reappears next to Anders as they fly in the Galactica into the sun together. I always thought that was a much more poetic end for Starbuck

Duki said:
the plan wasn't bad, but it was totally unnecessary and a total cash in. pretty boring to boot.

ah well, at least it didn't actively ruin anything.

It kinda did.. the whole "we knew who the final 5 cylons were from the beginning" totally clashes with the series

B.K.

brianjones said:
It kinda did.. the whole "we knew who the final 5 cylons were from the beginning" totally clashes with the series

Not really. Only the Ones knew who the final five were in The Plan. That's in line with what was revealed in the last season.

Darth Pinche said:
I rewatching the series now, so awesome. On the finale, I thought it was great but I can't get out of my head a proposed scene that never made it into the show. Katee Sackoff wanted to have her last scene to be
after she disappears in the middle of her conversation with Apollo, she reappears next to Anders as they fly in the Galactica into the sun together. I always thought that was a much more poetic end for Starbuck

That would have been awesome.

Darth Pinche said:

I would've loved that, although i could see it pissing even more people off.

Forearms said:
I just finished the final season last night. I rarely watch seasonal TV shows when they originally air as I'm incredibly impatient.

I can honestly say my eyes "got wet" at the end of the last episode. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line I got emotionally attached to the characters. Crazy stuff.

I'll be looking to download "The Plan", but I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Every ban that has happened before, will happen again.

anaron

So apparently the complete series sets will be repackaged and now include "The Plan."

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series for release on April 6. The main change from the July 2009 edition (which is now discontinued) is that this new box set will include Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (released in October 2009). Additionally, it will come in slimmer packaging and the list price is lower.

Contents and special features are in principle identical to the corresponding discs in the previously-released editions.

BSGalactica_Complete_Rpkg_BLU.jpg

Was holding off getting the set soley in hopes of them doing this so I'm pretty happy. :p

gdt5016 said:
That looks awful.

Seriously, I could have done that cover in Paint. But I already have the other individual box sets. All that's missing are the S4 webisodes (which I do want) and The Plan (meh).

cartoon_soldier said:
Do the box sets contain the deleted scenes/extended versions of the episodes?

The original dvd box sets do. These:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AJJNFE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you buy S1, S2-2.5, S3, S4-4.5, don't buy the mini-series or Razor, because S1 comes with the mini-series, and S4 comes with Razor. S3 has the Resistance webisodes, but for some reason S4.5 didn't come with the Gaida webisodes.

I don't know about any of the other sets.

Hawk SE

Well I got my wife to watch the whole series beginning to end and she absolutely loves it.

She was so emotional for the Finale, but who isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom