• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Official Final Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

Fantastic follow-up.

Goddamn at the Quorum being deal with like that. I saw it coming but it was still horrifying to watch er, listen to. That and Roslin's "I'm coming for all of you!" speech were absolutely chilling.

The ending was perfect. Regardless of Gaeta's horrible actions these past two episodes, I really did feel for him in that last shot.

"It's stopped." CHILL INDUCING! :lol :p

JonesFTW

Neo Member
ive only seen like a second of this show, but i can say is the women in the red is probably the most attractive creature ive ever seen

Great episode this week. I was sort of expecting Cavil's fleet to arrive at the end with the FTL drive busted, but the firing squad was a great way to end it.

Small request: can people spoiler tag preview discussion, please?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
BorkBork said:
+ Roslin's "I'M COMING TO KILL YOU ALL" speech was excellent. She was pissed. Also loved it.
Best part about that was the Cylons all standing around squirming as she shouted that. They knew they just lost any chance they had to stand by.

Freshmaker said:
Best part about that was the Cylons all standing around squirming as she shouted that. They knew they just lost any chance they had to stand by.

Eh, the Six at least didn't look like she was squirming. If anything she appeared to have been wrapped up in Laura's anger and seemed just as incensed herself.

And on a related note: Tricia Helfer is awesome. What an amazing actress she's turned out to be, and I'm going to miss seeing all of the Sixes in their various iterations. Head-Six, Gina, Natalie, Caprica Six, Godfrey... at times it was almost easy to forget they were played by the same woman.

Awesome episode. Poor Gaeta... I felt sorry for him in the end.

Edit: But fuck Zarek. His treatment of the Quorum was pretty freakin' brutal. The moment he walked out of the conference room I saw it coming, but jeez I felt sorry for them. That scene was all the more powerful thanks to their deaths happening off screen, too.

Nice ending to that arc. I do want to see what happens to the other mutineers like Race Track, Seelix, etc. I'm glad that Hot Dog didn't fire on the Raptor... I didn't want everybody to suddenly turn mutinous.

Zarek's actions in this one were completely ice-cold, but you could see even him spiraling out of control early on.

Look forward to next week. I want to know what's up with the crack that Tyrol saw, and what ended up happening to Anders too. Oh, and where did Helo go after they split up? He was pretty badly injured.

And on a side note, while Athena was helping retake the ship, did she just not notice that the Six was taking care and kind of ran off with Hera? Shouldn't that throw some warning signals, considering all the wacked out dreams Athena'd been having? I mean hell, she already killed another one that had a lot less contact with her.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Ezenzer said:
Edit: But fuck Zarek. His treatment of the Quorum was pretty freakin' brutal. The moment he walked out of the conference room I saw it coming, but jeez I felt sorry for them. That scene was all the more powerful thanks to their deaths happening off screen, too.
The Quorum was so stupid. (Not the scene, the people.) "Get bent, Mr. VP." *immediately start to argue and bicker amongst themselves.*

Seemed kinda obvious what was coming if they failed to recognize him.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so_awes said:
what did the Chief see in the engine room?? giant polar bear in Galactica?
my bet would be that it has something to do with taking the FTL offline. Maybe its down for good.

Nah, I'm guessing that taking the FTL prevented further damage. Just spooling it up caused that damage, since Tyrol was completely surprised by it.

B.K.

Jak140 said:
Ha, yeah, I just saw the preview for next week, that was way off.

I really wish they would have given us a different preview. That whole preview was one big spoiler.

Frenck

Banned
The glorious return of Romo Lampkin, this time around with 100% more pencil stabbing :lol

Great episode as usual. The scene with Baltar and Gaeta before the execution almost killed me. The show itself is great but it would be nothing without actors like Alessandro Juliani or James Callis.

The writers can only write scenes like the one I mentioned because they know they have a cast capable of pulling it off. It's sad that the show will never win an Emmy in a major category only because it's about spaceships and robots.

Yeah, but we were lucky enough to enjoy it from beginning to end.

Well, I started mid-season 3, but you know what I mean.

It could have ended up like FireFly.

B.K.

I really wish SciFi would have given them a fifth season. The show is on a roll. I don't want to see it end.

Frenck

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, but we were lucky enough to enjoy it from beginning to end.

Well, I started mid-season 3, but you know what I mean.

It could have ended up like FireFly.

Or like Crusade. At least back then they had enough mercy to kill it instead of revamping it.

If I remember correctly they wanted to get rid of all Babylon 5 references and characters and they wanted to include a lot of sex scenes to draw in a larger audience. They also wanted more fist fights and ridiculous stuff like invaders beaming aboard the ship :lol

Galactica sure got lucky in comparison.

EDIT:

Found the link :lol

Poor JMS.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I think the tear in the wall was a result of the Chief pulling out the piece of the FTL Engine, which put enormous stress on surrounding ship and ultimately began causing stress damage.

It seems like the plan this season is to
kill off all the lesser characters so they don't have to worry about writing for 50 people in the finale
?
B.K. said:
I really wish SciFi would have given them a fifth season. The show is on a roll. I don't want to see it end.
Buuut if they didn't need to end it now who knows how much of a roll it would be on now?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Frenck said:
Or like Crusade. At least back then they had enough mercy to kill it instead of revamping it.

If I remember correctly they wanted to get rid of all Babylon 5 references and characters and they wanted to include a lot of sex scenes to draw in a larger audience. They also wanted more fist fights and ridiculous stuff like invaders beaming aboard the ship :lol

Galactica sure got lucky in comparison.

EDIT:

Found the link :lol

Poor JMS.
That sounds like it'd be awesome. Perhaps the concept can be transferred to Stargate universe. Violence plus humpathon through the stars = Yeah!

Frenck

Banned
Freshmaker said:
That sounds like it'd be awesome. Perhaps the concept can be transferred to Stargate universe. Violence plus humpathon through the stars = Yeah!

Some of their ideas weren't that bad.

He says they also want to have at least one regular series character be a "sexual explorer," whose job is to have sex with every alien race they meet to better understand them

Jim Kirk anyone?

Big-E

Fuck yes, those two assholes bought it good. Zarek should have had a bullet in his head since season 1. Great to see it finally happen. Adama was beast and it was good seeing Romo again.

h1nch

HOLY CRAP

I just watched both eps back to back (missed last week) and I gotta say, these were some of the most intense episodes in the series, and that's saying a lot. The part with Zarek and the Quorum sent chills down my spine. He's one evil dude who's proven time and again he can't be trusted with power.

I seriously hope the rest of the episodes can live up to these last two. It was great to see Starbuck back to her old ass kicking self. And like others, I really hope they pick it up with Baltar. He's too great of a character to be taking a back seat in all of this.

That was brilliant. That last line was perfect. I'm gonna miss Gaeta, I've always enjoyed his character, they've built his descent really well. One of the best characters arcs they've done.

What's up with Michael Angeli this season? He wrote the two worst episodes last season but has hit back this season. GWCTD and this one are my favourites of the season so far. Nice work.

Can we start calling this the best season of the show now?

SO FRAKKIN BRILLIANT.

I accidentally got spoiled for Gaeta's death, so it wasn't as tense for me to watch as last week, since i knew where it was heading, but it was still an enormously satisfying conclusion to this arc.

As someone else said, i think it would be really interesting if they couldn't jump Galactica anymore, because the structural integrity of the ship has been compromised. I take it that's where theyre going with the ship tears Tyroll saw.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Great ep.

I'm confused though..wasn't there someone last week saying that Gaeta would be around up until the end?

Jube3

FlightOfHeaven said:
Nah, I'm guessing that taking the FTL prevented further damage. Just spooling it up caused that damage, since Tyrol was completely surprised by it.

Yea thats what I think too. A friend of mine sent me this speculation bit of text he saw on a random forum. Ill spoilertag it just incase.

The Galactica herself is falling apart. Could the interpetation of "A dying leader will lead them to salvation" be the Galactica herself? Will the ship find a new home for them before it dies. Another thought is that by showing the Galactica falling apart slowly is in line as the fleet itself tearing apart.

I reallly like the idea.

adelante

BrokenFiction said:
I swear to God I jumped up off the couch and cheered when Roslin
told Zarek she was coming for him
Frack yeah...her voice sounded like it was booming down from the heavens as she sternly delivered that ultimatum....

rhino4evr

i think the cracks mean
that Battlestar Galactica (the show) is going to end with Battlestar Galactica (the ship) being destroyed. Will they find a new home in time?

Really enjoyed the episode. Kind of wish more people were in that airlock at the end. Would habe been great to see Gaeta and Zarek in front of a group of other mutineers. There should have been more of a reckoning for the other marines and pilots that helped the cause.

Looking forward to next week....as usual

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh, he was looking at a crack in the wall....

When I first saw the scene I thought the grease had made some image on the wall that would magically lead the fleet to safety....

seriously

Jube3 said:
Yea thats what I think too. A friend of mine sent me this speculation bit of text he saw on a random forum. Ill spoilertag it just incase.

The Galactica herself is falling apart. Could the interpetation of "A dying leader will lead them to salvation" be the Galactica herself? Will the ship find a new home for them before it dies. Another thought is that by showing the Galactica falling apart slowly is in line as the fleet itself tearing apart.

I reallly like the idea.

That could be right. Remember this bit from "The Hand of God"?

Baltar imagines he's back on Caprica. Number Six asks him, "Have you read the Pythian prophecy, Gaius?" "Not since sixth grade. I can't say ancient history was my favorite subject." "You should have paid closer attention... 'All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.'" "Everyone knows that verse. What are you getting at?" "Remember this one? 'Led by serpents numbering two and ten.'" "The Vipers! They're the serpents." "There's a later verse, Gaius. You should read it. 'Though the outcome favored the few, it led to a confrontation at the home of the gods.'" Are you telling that God guided my finger to that target for some... arcane scriptural purpose?" "You are part of God's plan, Gaius." "So God wanted me to destroy the Cylon base." "You did well. You gave yourself over to him." "Yes, I suppose I did. Yes, there's really no other logical expalantion for I was..." She corrects him, "Am." "I am an instrument of God."

Maybe when Roslin saw those snakes at the press conference it was just a drug-induced hallucination...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GitarooMan said:
Great episode, I really thought they did a good job with Gaeta's arc, I especially liked his scene with Gaius at the end.

Yeah..while I was glad Adama regained the ship, I really felt quite sorry for him, that this is how things turned out for him. It was a touching scene.

I think it's interesting now how Adama and Roslin seem to be very much motivated now by their love for each other, perhaps more than anything else. It was clear all Roslin was thinking about in how she approached the situation was 'her man'. That this aligned with what perhaps is the best interests of the fleet is fortunate, but seemed kind of coincidental rather than it being her primary motivator now.

I was slightly disappointed there was no further exposition of Gaeta/Hoshi in the main episodes, particularly in light of Gaeta's semi-betrayal of him.

edit - total sidenote, but was I the only one not to know that Eddie Olmos was offered the role of Captain Picard before Patrick Stewart? He turned it down because he was 'busy' with work, but was kind of kicking himself over it afterward. I wonder if that affected his decision to join BSG. It's interesting to think what kind of Captain Picard he'd have been..I can only imagine a very different one to Stewart's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom