• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Official Final Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

Holy shit, this show was deceptively slow, then BAM FUCK YOU ITS AWESOME!

So now Kara has/had a head person too? I wonder if it's somehow related to headsix etc.

LowParry

Theories!

Opera house is coming! It has to be a cylon projection. It makes all sorts of damn sense now. Boom, Pres, Bal, Six...oh shit oh shit. Galatica is the dying leader. Someone called it before and is dead on about this. It has to be.

B.K.

Hera was drawing stars early in the episode. I wonder if she's going to draw a map to a habitable planet for the fleet to live on.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
B.K. said:
Hera was drawing stars early in the episode. I wonder if she's going to draw a map to a habitable planet for the fleet to live on.

The stars ended up being the song Kara played

Like I said weeks ago, Daniel has to be Starbuck's father. They've hinted at it too much.

Opera House is next week, it was semi-confirmed. We're supposed to get a lot of answers next week before the 2 part finale. Last episode is 2 hours.

B.K.

Verdre said:
The stars ended up being the song Kara played

I see. I thought that was a different one.

When she was playing that song, I was expecting it to unseal Tigh and Tory's memories.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
After all that, all the Cylons needed to
destroy Galactica was one close proximity jump
? Why didn't that do that ages back?

NimbusD

Does anyone have a link to a clip of the Opera House? I feel like playing detective. Wasn't Baltar the one taking Hera away?

Also, how long does it usually take for the podcast to be put up? I only started watching them like 2 weeks ago.

Freshmaker said:

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. Maybe there's a risk of damaging the ship or something? I think they'd also be able to detect the gearing up of the FTL drive and be able to fire on it before it came too close.

That was a really good episode.

It took me about 15 seconds before the rest of the BG music started in that it clicked and I realized it was "All Along the Watchtower." But I was totally, "Why does this sound familiar?" the whole time. I totally didn't see the Boomer twist coming. One manipulative bitch.

And does anyone else feel sorry for Tyrol, not just at this point, but the whole friggin' series? 1st season, he breaks it off with Boomer because they can't be together, she ends up dying in his arms, he marries a scrub, finds out he's a cylon, his wife gets shoved out an airlock, he finds out he is NOT the father and that it's the fracking Viper jockey's kid, then all of this shit happens.

Can't wait for the last 3.

LowParry

NimbusD said:
Does anyone have a link to a clip of the Opera House? I feel like playing detective. Wasn't Baltar the one taking Hera away?

Also, how long does it usually take for the podcast to be put up? I only started watching them like 2 weeks ago.

Capirca Six was the one who took Hera. Baltar was with her when the doors shut. Boomer and Roslin were chasing after the girl.

Freshmaker said:

Galactica's taken much worse; it's gotten railed by nukes, assaulted head on by base stars on New Caprica, etc. I think that the jump near the ship was really the straw breaking the camel's back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
IAmtheFMan said:
Galactica's taken much worse; it's gotten railed by nukes, assaulted head on by base stars on New Caprica, etc. I think that the jump near the ship was really the straw breaking the camel's back.
That was the whole point of all the repairs starting. I guess Adama should have chipped in last week with the work instead of just walking around. :lol

B.K.

They need to just abandon Galactica and move to the Basestar. They can call it Galactica 2 and the last episodes can be called Basestar Galactica.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Kak.efes said:
Unsubstantiated, and to be honest, stupid, if true.
I bet you it is true.

Also, with the ship having Cylon parts in it now, it has a life of its own.

Anyway, seems pretty clear there is gonna be a big battle between the two cylon factions over the child.

but the one thing i dont get is if the ship is the dying leader, i thought it was supposed to lead them to Earth or something.

NimbusD

Does it kinda bother anyone else that Lee Adama has basically no part in the show anymore? I've been watching it from the beginning hoping to catch up before the end and it's sad realize that except for a few key things that they've never really known what to do with the character.

Of course I'm sure now that Roslin's
down for the count.
he'll step up to the plate but being that he hasn't really had any major part in the story for a long time, there's no real transition there as far as his character goes.

Coop

B.K. said:
When she was playing that song, I was expecting it to unseal Tigh and Tory's memories.

That's what I was thinking too

btw I saw this at another forum

Also, if you didn't catch it, the tape of Starbuck's dad playing said it was a live show at the opera house.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CcrooK said:
Capirca Six was the one who took Hera. Baltar was with her when the doors shut. Athena and Roslin were chasing after the girl.

fix'd
Yeah. Don't know what role Baltar + The Head Six have to play here.

joesmokey

Great episode, this is this crap we should have been getting instead of the stupid mutiny.

Seeing Boomer and Chief together again was great, they still have good chemistry. Kara's development in the episode was good. The six's in the flight training were definitely an odd thing to see.

I'm pretty much just enjoying the ride now and not caring about the story lines anymore since most will probably go nowhere or end up in disappointment. That helped me enjoy this episode much more without caring about how many episodes are left.

LowParry

ahoyhoy said:
fix'd
Yeah. Don't know what role Baltar + The Head Six have to play here.

Well...maybe. I think it's Boomer because in the vision, she's in her flight suit. And she (Boomer) escapes with said flight suit. And judging by next weeks episode, maybe. I mean it could be a twist to the vision if that is the case. Just tossing out theories.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CcrooK said:
Well...maybe. I think it's Boomer because in the vision, she's in her flight suit. And she (Boomer) escapes with said flight suit. And judging by next weeks episode, maybe. I mean it could be a twist to the vision if that is the case. Just tossing out theories.
But Athena experienced the vision along with the other two.

maharg

idspispopd
Kara being Daniel's child still makes no sense to me, and I don't see how this episode 'proves' it in any meaningful way. Maybe if her father's tape had had the Watchtower music on it. Still say Kara just plain is Daniel to conserve the One Hybrid Law they seem intent on enforcing.

KHarvey16

maharg said:
Kara being Daniel's child still makes no sense to me, and I don't see how this episode 'proves' it in any meaningful way. Maybe if her father's tape had had the Watchtower music on it. Still say Kara just plain is Daniel to conserve the One Hybrid Law they seem intent on enforcing.

But what are the chances the song her father taught to her would be the same song that led to the reveal of the other cylons?

B.K.

After rewatching the CAG scene in the repeat, I wonder why all the Cylons haven't started naming themselves. It would be really confusing referring to them all by their model number.

maharg

idspispopd
KHarvey16 said:
But what are the chances the song her father taught to her would be the same song that led to the reveal of the other cylons?

What I doubt is her having a childhood at all. If she were a cylon, she'd have planted or generated memories, just like the rest of them. The memory shots of her father were all in an indistinct bright white room and we never saw his face.

maharg said:
What I doubt is her having a childhood at all. If she were a cylon, she'd have planted or generated memories, just like the rest of them. The memory shots of her father were all in an indistinct bright white room and we never saw his face.

My theory: everything has happened before, etc...

Kara = Hera from the last cycle

MrOctober

Banned
Starbuck a Tetris fan confirmed. I really need to re-watch this series, I totally forgot about Chief and Boomer entirely.

Also am I the only one who started singing "I just died in your arms tonight" when they were talking on the phone through the glass?

Ok, did I miss something? From what some other posters are saying
the piano player wasn't there when Tigh and the others confronted Starbuck about 'the song? Meaning that he was all in her head?
I totally missed that if that happened.

Memles

I loved this episode for a lot of reasons, but I'm busy reading Bear McCreary's ridiculously epic memoir about the episode's creation so a link post will have to do for now.

My own Review at Cultural Learnings:

...While, perhaps, the content of “No Exit” or “Deadlock” will make a difference in the end, neither episode in and of itself added up to something profound, something progressive, or something that gives us some peace of mind that the show knows where its most powerful material lies as it heads towards its finale.

But this week this all changed under the guidance of Bradley Thompson and David Weddle, delivering their last episode with a deft sense of pacing and momentum. It is an episode that leans heavily on the past to demonstrate the power that it has over us, and then allows that to play out in the present in a way that is simultaneously revelatory and, more importantly, diversionary from the laidback, almost nonchalant path the show has been on since the end of the mutiny. The result is a clear path to the future, centering its storyline on the two major unanswered questions and using both of them to drive us into something approximating a climax. More importantly, though, the actions in the episode are ones which actually have broad implications for almost everyone: while the most recent drama has remained far too isolated to one side of humans and Cylons, here we finally have something that everyone can get really frakking pissed about.

And, well - finally.

Alan Sepinwall's Review at What's Alan Watching?:

Counting tonight's show, the time we have left with "Battlestar Galactica" adds up to five hours over four weeks. And I'm guessing that some of you -- maybe most of you -- aren't going to be happy that we just spent a good chunk of one of those hours on Starbuck re-learning how to play the piano.

And I might be troubled, too, if I didn't consider the characters -- especially people like Kara, Tyrol and Boomer, the center of this episode's two storylines -- weren't at least as important to me as the mythology and the dogfights, and if I didn't feel fairly confident that the writing staff are explicitly saving the remaining seismic events for the Ron Moore-scripted finale.

Bear McCreary's Epic Three Part Memoir:

Tonight’s episode of Battlestar Galactica is the most musically innovative score I’ve yet produced. My role as composer evolved far beyond merely providing underscore for the scenes. This time, I was intimately involved in every step of the episode’s development: from the earliest draft of the script by David Weddle and Bradley Thompson, through the production, directed by Michael Nankin and throughout the editing, scoring and final sound mix.

My experiences on Someone to Watch Over Me were so profound that my typical blog format would not suffice. Rather than focusing solely on the episode’s score, I’ve written a mini-memoir, chronicling my journey on this episode.

Kak.efes

My friends theory.

Anders is meshing with the Cylon gel on Galactica. He'll soon be able to control operations like the Cylon hybrids do for their Baseships.

It definitely seems to be leaning that way.

JayDubya

Banned
darkiguana said:
Ok, did I miss something? From what some other posters are saying
the piano player wasn't there when Tigh and the others confronted Starbuck about 'the song? Meaning that he was all in her head?
I totally missed that if that happened.

Yes, the piano player was not physically present; you only see them together when they're alone or practically alone as a function of it being late at night in the bar, with hardly anyone around and certainly no one to care if some drunk blonde wants to talk at a piano.

Starbuck now has a Head Seven.

Kak.efes

JayDubya said:
Yes, the piano player was not physically present; you only see them together when they're alone or practically alone as a function of it being late at night in the bar, with hardly anyone around and certainly no one to care if some drunk blonde wants to talk at a piano.

Starbuck now has a Head Seven.

Do we really need designations for these at this point? Head Six, head Baltar, head Leoben, and now finally head Daniel are probably all the same entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom