• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomShaBom

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
I doubt they'd kill any of the people in the main credits though (Papadama-Roslin-Starbuck-Lee-Baltar-Six-Sharon). If anybody I think they'd
box Lucy Lawless, considering her 10 or 11 episode contract and all her crazy talking this season. That might be considered a death, though I really dunno how exactly 'boxing' a cylon model works, whether it involves shutting down all copies of a model or just one. They may have purposely been ambiguous about it in "Downloaded."

Edit: Also, that trailer was done by some marketing team. There's no way to tell exactly how accurate it is.

Its possible. There's a pic floating around with her standing in front of 5 people in white robes, its a clearer image of her visions during ressurrection. On a few forums I've read, people relate it to the 5 unknown cylons, and/or the cylon god. Speculation of her "evolving" past her physical self and joining the gods. or something like that...
But realistically looking at this image, I think its just an unedited production image with stand-ins(for the scenes with her "dreaming" when they are figures of light)
http://pics.livejournal.com/drewcypher/pic/000t5fg5.jpg

VPhys

I just recently got into the series and have finally caught up. I enjoyed reading this thread and noticing some of the same reactions I've had while watching season 3. I asked this in another sub thread but wondered if anyone here can chime in.

What are the theories on how Gaius Baltar survived the big "explosion" that killed six? The same explosion they show in the intro.

Also, where has Grace Park been all my life. I'm suprised these threads don't turn into a pic fest of Grace Park and Tricia Helfer. Park is flawless.

Boogie

I was watching a Band of Brothers marathon today, and was surprised to see the actor who plays Apollo in it.

I had no idea he was in BoB.

VPhys

Well I'm watching the miniseries and my question about Baltar just got answered. I guess it wasn't a direct nuclear blast that hit him but the explosion caused the glass to shatter. The shattering glass probably killed six while Gaius was protected by Six's body.

Also some other questions are answered if you haven't seen the miniseries such as

-why they use such primitive technology
-when six got into Baltar's head
though sadly not why or how
-How Helo got stranded before he met Sharon

Though I must admit some of it is hard to watch after you've seen the seasons.

I really think the love affair between Apollo and Starbuck needs to go. It is overly complex and becoming more of a soap opera, especially since it affects so many others. I also don't like how one of the more popular character is being portrayed as a slut, kinda lost respect for the character. If I wanted that, I will watch One Tree Hill, which will do a better job.

TheJesusFactor said:
I really think the love affair between Apollo and Starbuck needs to go. It is overly complex and becoming more of a soap opera, especially since it affects so many others. I also don't like how one of the more popular character is being portrayed as a slut, kinda lost respect for the character. If I wanted that, I will watch One Tree Hill, which will do a better job.

I agree that the relationship can go. Doesn't do much for me either. However, Starbuck has pretty much always been portrayed as a bit of a tramp. She did sleep with Baltar too, even while calling out Lee's name.

And Starbuck? One of the most popular characters? She's probably amongst the most hated. I know very few regular viewers that actually like her.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Just bumping to remind folks that Tricia Helfer will be in Playboy next month... droooooool

Does anyone know when Season 3 is going to start showing on Universal HD? They've been runnings promos of a new lineup starting this Saturday night which includes two hours of BSG - and the clips they're running are all from Season 3. Here's to hoping we get some HD lovin' on Saturday.

Kak.efes

You know.. after having watched it again, it may contain a HUGE season three spoiler. I sort of regret watching it. ****.

B.K.

I'm watching it now. I think I saw the part you're talking about. Wow, if that's true.

I liked the part where Bush was giving the State of the Union and was talking about the Cylons. ;)

Coop

Kak.efes said:
You know.. after having watched it again, it may contain a HUGE season three spoiler. I sort of regret watching it. ****.

so avoid watching it? I enjoy watching blooper reels but i also dont want to see a huge spoiler

EGM92 said:
Couldn't she have been acting sarcastic? It's probably just a joke... I hope

That's what me thinks. But even if true, I wouldn't mind.
Never really liked Starbuck all that much, I don't see the point of her character aside from being the super cocky "hear me roar bitch".

Kak.efes

EGM92 said:
Couldn't she have been acting sarcastic? It's probably just a joke... I hope

Could be, but I get the impression it's not.. it's already mentioned one will die, and will be revealed to be a cylon in the 3.5 season preview, and I'm pretty sure the footage from that blooper reel was shot from before they produced the preview.

I was hoping the writers wouldn't go back to the so and so could be a cylon, and living amongst us bit.. sort of a downer in and of itself, really- if it is true.

B.K.

It'll be interesting if that Starbuck spoiler is true, but I'm more surprised that they showed a shot of what looked liked Adama and Rosalin getting married.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I'm guessing the 'big' spoiler in that gag reel is a gag since it's labeled as a Sploiler.

The scene in the end with Adama and Roslin seems very spoilerish and pretty blatantly so. There is an attraction between them, though, as seen earlier this season in the Starbuck/Apollo boxing episode.

An even bigger spoiler is far more subtle but it still there. You get a chance to see Dualla and Starbuck in a Raptor with both obviously looking worse for wear. Presumably this is occuring on the planet where the current showdown between the Cylons and the Galactica are currently.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Remember folks, it's back this week on a new day and time. Sunday, 10/9c. A-WHOO-WHOO!

tedtropy

Coop said:
Just a friendly reminder, Battlestar Galactica is on tonight at 10pm.

My DVR is set to stun, although I've gotten to where I just wait for the torrents. Time Warner Cable's broadcast of the SciFi channel in my woods (Houston) looks horrible.

tedtropy

icarus-daedelus said:
I couldn't do that, man. I couldn't wait the extra couple of hours for new BSG even if that means watching the SciFi channel's horrid broadcasts (which look awful everywhere, btw.) I am a weak, weak woman.

I'll probably break down and wind up watching it on the DVR. I was usually doing stuff on Fridays evenings and my Saturday morning tradition for awhile there was to roll out of bed, grab some Arby's, and fire up the downloaded version. Don't think I can pass up ending my weekend on an appropriate note. Was actually watching alot of my Season 2.5 DVDs today, actually.

B.K.

I wonder why Helo killed Sharon. I wonder if he did it so she'll be downloaded onto the ship and can get her baby back.

I really don't like what they've done with Boomer. Her progression makes no sense at all. The rest of the show has been top notch so far though.:D

Systems_id said:
I really don't like what they've done with Boomer. Her progression makes no sense at all. The rest of the show has been top notch so far though.:D

She's resentful of the other Sharon that took her place on Galatica, hence the hatred.

Bauer Action Hour said:
Kara's a cylon, right?

Man, I dunno what to think after all that. Did D'Anne ever met Kara face to face? Because she recognized the person she saw immediately and apologized for the way she treated them before.

Vyse The Legend said:
Man, I dunno what to think after all that. Did D'Anne ever met Kara face to face? Because she recognized the person she saw immediately and apologized for the way she treated them before.

Was Kara profiled back when she did a newstory on Galactica? Was that the same model?

B.K.

Vyse The Legend said:

Maybe.
One of her models was on the Galactcia as a news reporter. Maybe she interviewed her. I don't remember.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Crazy Episode, it was definately faced paced, as always.

next week's preview looks good:

Baltar seems to get his ass reamed, and he's looking as Jesus as ever -- perhaps we'll find out once and for all if he's a cylon

B.K. said:
Maybe.
One of her models was on the Galactcia as a news reporter. Maybe she interviewed her. I don't remember.

I remember she profiled Galactica's crew for that one episode, iand it was a bit sensationalistic, I don't remember she took particular notice of Kara or if the came to heads.

B.K.

Maybe it is
Starbuck's husband. D'anna met him on Caprica. She wanted to kill him, so maybe that's why she apologized.

maharg

idspispopd
icarus-daedelus said:
That's crazy that they had that whole eye of jupiter on Starbuck's wall bit planned back since season 2. Gives me a lot more faith in the idea that the creators actually know where the hell they're going.

It doesn't necessarily follow that just because plot point A is picked up as a relation to plot point B that they were planned together. If that were the case, soap operas would be the most impressive long term planning ever.

tedtropy

"Welcome back, Mr. President." <CRACK> :lol

I thought it was a nice return, and a pretty good "field trip" episode. Next week's looks like more of the angsty love triangle business, but hopefully we'll get some resolution out of it and good in-between stuff.

Nicodimas

Banned
It would be quite fitting to have baltar be human.

But I figure Baltar is gonna eat it. And without him, I am not watching that show. I know how weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom