• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battletoads - Gamescom gameplay

Bullet Club

Banned

4k/60fps video:

The NES version looks better.

Last edited:

Skyr

source.gif

Pejo

The movement is too slow, it's very difficult to tell which plane you're on in relation to the enemies because every character on the screen is a different size, the combat looks slow, every move is an exaggerated animation instead of just the finishers from the NES game, it just looks awful.

And then there's the art, which sucks.

tkscz

Good lord, its so sluggish and all their attacks have too much wait time. This isn't a fighter, it's a beat'em up. It should be fast action, smooth and quick hits, but they all walk like they are wading through mud. So many of their moves have waits in them, like Rash's shark dive having that huge moment when he's off screen, the fuck is that? In a fighting game that could work, but not a beat'em up. Someone really needs to play the arcade BattleToads for reference.

Pidull

I can barely tell what the hitboxes are, this looks just terrible. They also totally fucked up on visual and audio feedback for when your attacks hit the enemy or not.

I feel sorta bad because the devs clearly tried with the art, this never should have been greenlit to begin with.

Last edited:
I cannot finish watching this horrible video. The creators of that abomination should be prosecuted with crimes against humanity.

Ok, I guess I will have to study game development and create something better, which by this standard won't be hard.

ChuyMasta

This gotta be Pre-Alpha footage right? Devs barelly got a running version of the game to show and will gather feedback before the Alpha goes into full production.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yesssss!! Another hot exclusive to play on gamepass they've already given me the gem of recore, the exhilarating gameplay of state of Decay, the shiver me timbers of Sea of Thieves, the awesomeness of next Gen destruction of Crackdown 3. I'm loving it Micro, keep it up and I'll be a fan forever 💪

Last edited:
Top Bottom