• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 and Bayonetta Direct-Feed Footage

If NoA were smart (which I'm not sure they are), they would give us two cases. Bayonetta 1 + 2 are hardcore games for hardcore fans and those fans would greatly appreciate this.

If they can release Kirby's Dream Collection and Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary in two cases each and charge $30 for them, they should easily be able to do the same for Bayo 1 and 2, a $60 package. But I doubt they will.

I have no idea how you convince retailers, who are already probably shoving Bayonetta 2 away with one hand and holding their nose with the other, to offer double the space on their shelves for bigger boxes.

Just buy a Wii U box form the NOA store.

I have no idea how you convince retailers, who are already probably shoving Bayonetta 2 away with one hand and holding their nose with the other, to offer double the space on their shelves for bigger boxes.

Just buy a Wii U box form the NOA store.

It didn't stop them from stocking Nintendoland, Wii Party U and Mario and Sonic boxes with included Wii remotes.

Nintendo could have done it or at the very least could made it available online. It's not a huge deal at the end of the day (I mean, we're still getting two great games in one package), but if they could offer it in Europe, a market far more adverse to the Wii U than North America, they could have offered it here as well.

Goes without saying, but...

2be9fb4a441571e581c96556d6988f34f46509de_m.gif

Monocle

I had actually not seen any Bayonetta footage at all, ever, until tonight.

All I could think while watching the YouTube videos was: "THIS is Bayonetta? Freakin' awesome!"

I will need this in my life sooner than I thought.

GAF, noob question: Should I play the first game first, or can I just jump right into Bayonetta 2? I'm asking for both story and gameplay reasons.
I've heard that the plots of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are two sides of the same coin. If I were in your position I'd play the original first. It's the best stylish action game of last gen, and it still holds up.

I should say that some important plot details are kind of confusing, so it would be a good idea to look up a summary after you've finished the game. Maybe try the Bayonetta wiki.

Shauni

Standard. There was not Special Edition in Japan. Every copy comes with both games in two cases.

Europe gets three versions and the two SKUs that include both games each receive a separate case for each title.

Oh hell then, maybe there's a possibility then. I would love that.

It didn't stop them from stocking Nintendoland, Wii Party U and Mario and Sonic boxes with included Wii remotes.

Nintendo could have done it or at the very least could made it available online. It's not a huge deal at the end of the day (I mean, we're still getting two great games in one package), but if they could offer it in Europe, a market far more adverse to the Wii U than North America, they could have offered it here as well.

Wait, you're talking about the sequels to several million seller games or otherwise huge pushes form Nintendo and comparing them, directly, to Bayonetta 2

AdanVC

Holy shiiit. So damn good! Especially the Gates of Paradise video. 2 weeks, 2 moar weeks! Thanks for sharing this videos.

Wait, you're talking about the sequels to several million seller games or otherwise huge pushes form Nintendo and comparing them, directly, to Bayonetta 2

By the time Nintendo bundled a Wii remote with Nintendoland, it was pretty obvious it had failed to move systems. Retailers still stocked it though.

It doesn't matter though, as we're getting both games, which is what's important. The point is NoA COULD do it if they wanted to. Whether in store or online. NoE did it and the Wii U is doing worse over there.

NateDrake

I just captured an even more epic video at 720p/60fps. I'll upload to Gamersyde once I finish formatting it. May take a while. I'll do a Youtube version as well just because.

Rootbeer

Banned
Never played bayonetta 1 and all the artwork i remember seeing at the time of its release was so over the top ridiculous that i've never given it a second look. But... I think I need to buy this.

As a fellow person who loves HQ footage, I wouldn't mind some pointers since I'm using the original Hauppauge HD PVR 1. Anyone have one and been able to get the most out of it and manage to obtain the closest accuracy in clarity, color, and brightness/contrast?

Not to mention the overscan thing, people seem to do it really well, I think it's like 5% crop? OP seems to leave that out, as do I but I would prefer finding the best method. Also on Wii U what is the preferred screen size setting for recording?

I'd be happy to record some Sonic Lost World footage and upload it to Gamersyde.

My main goal is to get it like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhVWf-RyvXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmmFi4iCe7M

I mean holy shit, that's like the BEST quality Wii gameplay I have ever laid eyes on.

I guess that guy is using Elgato. I asked and haven't gotten an answer yet.

I was going to make a new thread for this, should I?

Still mulling on wwhat im going to play this with.

Gamepad cramped my hand at eurogamer when dodge offsetting, pro controller feels too light and has the same small pebble buttons.

Classic controller pro feels ok, but needs to be attached to a Wii remote.

Dualshock 4 adapter isnt coming till end of november and is Japan only.

Gamecube controller has a weird button placement. Think I can make it work if the controls are editable, but is it worth it?

muteant

never played the first one b/c it is literally the game that melted my 360 (for the second time; gave up on microsoft consoles forever after fixing it previously). i believe i'm in for a treat later this month.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Anything other than gamersyde videos (and IGN sometimes, when they use 60 fps videos) should be forbbiden for this game. It looks so good. Two more weeks to wait.

Zocano

Have you not learned dodge offset? I don't think I have seen you use it even once...

I played a lot loooot of Bayonetta. Never figured out how to dodge offset. Doesn't work in my head and in turn can't get the timings right since I don't have good timing (and don't care to).

Top Bottom